“Good quality, great service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #384 of 1,088 Hotels in London
St Helens, England
“Good quality, great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2009

I have stayed in the Kenilworth many times in recent years - the frequency only rivalled by my use of its nearby sister hotel, the Bloomsbury Street (formerly Marlborough). Without fail, I have found all staff to be welcoming and eager to help - and it is amazing what a smile and caring tone of voice can do to help you unwind after a stressful working day. It is also nice to be recognised on returning to the hotel although I must stress that no "first timer" could accuse staff of preferential treatment being meted out to regulars.

The rooms are good (even the smallest single rooms are better than the broom cupboards often found elswhere!) and the facilities welcoming.

The location is within easy reach of many areas of interest while the tube can be accessed in a couple of minutes via Tottenham Court Road, so the hotel caters equally for the demands of business people needing to get to their offices and tourists anxious to sample the delights of London.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank TabascoStHelens
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback.

We are pleased to hear that you find our service and facilities welcoming.

We look forward to many more of your comforting stays with us in London.

Kind Regards
Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Manningtree
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2009

Selected this hotel as part of a week-end theatre break to celebrate our 30th Wedding Anniversary as the hotel was only a 10 minute walk from Covent Garden.

Prior to our arrival at the hotel I was concerned with some of the comments that persons had made with referenece to this hotel but I have to say I did not experience any bad points.

On our arrival we were made to feel very welcome but everyone of the reception staff and they wasted no time in promptly processing our booking and give us our room keys and directions to the room.

Our room was No.216, which was a corner room which overlooked the crossroads, the only complaint is that the windows were not the best at noise restrictions from the road below but the views were good.

The room was of a good size with a king size double bed, the room was fitted out with TV (on the small side), room bar, fridge, coffee and tea making facilities, hair dryer, iron, ironing board, internet connection, dual electrical, small table and chairs in fairness just about everything you needed.

We had no complaints with the bathroom which was again roomy, supplied with the all the normal toiletries and was in good condition.

We didn't eat in the hotel in the evening, we did however have a first class breakfast the following morning. The breakfast is buffet style and had everything from fresh fruit and cold meats through to the full english.

We could not fault the staff who were a pleasure to deal with and would take time out to talk / provide assistance as and when required.

As far as we were concerned the hotel was good value and we shall be using it / recommending to friends in the future.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TractorBoy108
Dear Reviewer,

We are pleased to know that you had a lovely time with us.

We have taken your constructive words forward and are working on ways to insulate the bedroom windows to minimize any noise for the streets.

We look forward to welcome you back soon.

England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

I have worked in London off and on for the past 5 years. Having stayed at some dreadful hotels I was delighted to be placed at the Kenilworth a couple of years ago and have requested that hotel for my stays ever since. The hotel is comfortable, centrally located in a very safe area and the staff are obliging and dedicated to excellent customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank LGSMBE
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words.

Devon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

My sister booked this weekend in London as a special treat for my 60th birthday. She was very disappointed with the size of our room. It was slightly larger than a single room. There was no cabinet to put even a pair of glasses on, just a small rack in between the two single beds which was just big enough for the phone. The bath was the smallest bath we'd ever seen (3' long) and the only way we would have been able to wash in it was to stand up and and use the shower head (which was a hand held one) up and down our body, only there was no curtain or screen to stop any water going on the floor. We asked to be moved when we arrived but were told the hotel was full. My sister had a wash down at the sink before going out and she came out of the bathroom in her bra and pants just as a double decker bus stopped outside our window The upper deck was level with our window and as there were no nets a deck full of people could easily see in! When we came back from the theatre (Sister Act - absolutely brilliant!) there was a function underneath our room. At half past midnight I phoned reception to ask how much longer it was going on for as it was so loud it felt as though the party was actually in our room and was told it would finish at 1 am. It didn't. In the morning I complained on behalf of my sister because I felt so sorry for her. I said it was the first time I'd stayed in a hotel and not been able to have a bath or shower. I took a photo of my sister (fully clothed)! to demonstrate the small size of the bath. I was told some of the rooms did have those small baths and if we'd complained when we arrived (which we did) an alternative room might have been found for us. They had asked the party to turn the volume down and it had finished about 1.45 am! My sister booked a 4 star hotel because she wanted everything special for me. I was told a manager would e-mail her. All she got was a questionnaire - which she has filled in.

• Stayed May 2009
1 Thank gina060
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2009
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. I understand that some of our rooms are smaller in size. However, our projects team are looking at ways to increase the space in rooms and also improve the condition of the bathroom. On your next visit to London, please drop me a line and be rest assured you will definitely have a much memorable experience with us.
Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

This is an excellent hotel with very helpful staff. A fine Edwardian building on the outside, tastefully modernized inside. It is situated just a few steps away from the British Museum. I stay for business reasons and find it is one of the few hotels in the area that offers complimentary wi-fi.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
3 Thank esteban2
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are pleased to hear that you always enjoy staying with us.
Kumar Mishra
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for location and rating for 2 special nights in London. When we arrived we were offered an upgrade for more money but as the room we had booked was quite expensive we declined. Once in our room we were very dissapointed with the size of the bed and the size of the room. The bed was so small we had to hold on to the side as not to fall out and the room was so stuffy and hot we could not wait to go outside.
We asked for our heating to be turned down but it was not. The housekeeping stafff was knocking on our door at 9.00 am in the morning to clean and we felt we had to get out quick so they could clean our room. We thought a continental breakfast was part of the price but that was an extra 17 pounds each.
As we were overseas visitors and only had 3 days in London we felt this experience spoilt our trip to London and would not recommend this hotel unless you are a businessman.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a comfortable stay with us. I understand that some of our rooms are smaller in size. However, our projects team are looking at ways to increase the space in the rooms. Please note that we also have a King Size rooms in the hotel which are very spacious. Also, we have a variety of prices available to choose from. Depending upon your preference we offer rates inclusive and exclusive of breakfast.
Kumar Mishra
merseyside
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2009

really nice hotel, bar staff and hotel concierge really friendly. main problem was that when we arrived at 7pm we found that the two rooms that we had pre paid for had been given to other people and we were ofered much inferior rooms instead. it then took over an hour of being firm and not giving in for the manager to all of a sudden be able to find us our rooms. this is not what you need after a 5 hour car journey and hardly the treatment you expect from a radisson hotel especially at the price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are extremely sorry for the inconvenience, cause of which has been identified and rectified. We are equally pleased to hear that you enjoyed the service in our hotel. Please drop me a line on your next visit to London, and I will be happy to ensure you have a very memorable stay with us.