“Good location”

Ranked #396 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Good location”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

I spent one night here, mainly chosen for location in relation to a work meeting, but also very convenient for the British Museum. The hotel was fine, easy check in, room was okay - top floor, my main issue was the blind had to be pulled down for privacy because other rooms over looked mine, a venetian blind or some kind of net curtain would have allowed the light in.
Room had aircon, which was good as it was a hot night. Nice to have an iron/board. staff were friendly, breakfast was good enough.
In the restaurant in the evening I was put in a corner at the back - I assume because I was a lone diner - the place was close to empty - it would have been nice to over look the street and see some activity rather than looking at a blank wall. Lone diners are not lepers!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by my colleagues.
Your valuable comments regarding the restaurant have been forwarded to the Food and Beverage Manager.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on business in a tiny single room at the top of the hotel, which wasn't a problem as it had a lot of character (reminded me of an artist's studio!). Check in was friendly and efficient, the room was clean and modern (as was the whole hotel) and room service food was good (although the room service menu in the hotel info pack was out of date). Breakfast service was efficient and the food was good, although the cooked buffet is a little more limited than other hotels I've stated in. The location is the best bit of this hotel. Two minutes walk from Tottenham Court Road tube and just around be corner from the British Museum. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.
I was pleased to read the positive comments about the service provided and the location of the hotel.
As we are launching a new breakfast buffet within the next couple of weeks, I would love to get your feedback during your next visit.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed there for one night for business and was very impressed. Beautifully appointed hotel with friendly staff. Rooms were small, but clean and well equipped. Liked that the room had an iron and a decent hair dryer. Breakfast was self service and there was plenty of choice for both hot and cold options. Conveniently located for the theatre district and Covent Garden. Would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth. I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff & the service provided.

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stayed for just one night on a deal which included tickets to the Pompeii and Herculaneum Exhibition. From our telephone call the night before our arrival, requesting an early check-in, we found the staff warm and obliging throughout our stay. The location was superb, we enjoyed an excellent meal with family members on the saturday evening in a very relaxed atmosphere, and Sunday breakfast was of a very high quality. We would certainly recommend the hotel and will stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review, it’s great to read so many positive comments about your stay with us.

It is encouraging to hear that you enjoyed your evening in Scoff & Banter, as this is our new restaurant concept, which only opened in June 2013. We take pride in delivering a fresh take on the British classics in a cool and comfortable environment.

I look forward to meeting you, on your return to the Kenilworth!

Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We stayed at Radisson Blu as it was quite close to one of the Theatres we were going to and was the cheapest we could find in the area, but at £175 per night it was actually the most expensive hotel we’d stayed in.

It took us a while to find the hotel as it wasn’t that obvious from the road that it was a Radisson. However when we arrived the staff were friendly and explained everything at check in, but took ages to find our booking.

We arrived to a very small room on the first floor. Luckily we knew the room was going to be small as I’d already seen this on Trip Advisor so it wasn’t too much of a shock. I was surprised at just how small the bathroom was though, as it felt very cramped when you were in it. However we knew we wouldn’t be in the room long, so we didn’t mind too much.

Our major problem, which has made it the worse hotel we have ever stayed in, was with the noise level. The traffic noise was the loudest we have ever heard (and we’re used to traffic noise at home). It literally couldn’t have been any louder if we sleep out in the street, I don’t even think the windows were double glazed. I put in ear plugs and a pillow on my head to try to muffle it, but it was so so loud we had an appalling night’s sleep. Surely that is the first priority of a hotel – to provide a good night’s sleep.

I can’t understand why I can stay in a Premier Inn literally right outside Gatwick airport and not hear a single noise, yet I stay in a modern 4 star central London hotel and it is the noisiest place I have ever been in. When I raised this issue with the Radisson customer service they just said next time we will try to get you a quiet room if one is available. Surely all of their rooms should be quiet – that’s the point of a hotel, to have quiet relaxing rooms! Added to that I had requested a quiet room when I originally booked.

We hadn’t booked breakfast so I can’t comment on that, but if you did want breakfast there are lots of greasy spoon cafes close by and a starbucks as well that are a fraction of the price that their restaurant charges.

The concierge wasn’t great either as whenever we needed him he was never at his desk. We had to wait 10 minutes and the reception staff had to eventually call him to see us.

I would never stay at this hotel again if I was in London as I don’t think you would ever get a good night’s sleep here. They can make it look as nice as they want and have brilliant staff, but if you have a hotel nobody can sleep properly in then nobody will book it again!

Room Tip: If you have to stay here try as hard as you can to get a 'quiet room'
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
I am very sorry to hear that the traffic noise disturbed you night sleep and I will personally make sure that we check all the rooms on the first floor as I am surprise that with our double glazing, you were still exposed to a high level of noise.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future and once again please accept my apologies.
Kindest Regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 6 nights on business. Great hotel. Staff very friendly and helpful. Good central location, close to the British Museum. Excellent breakfast, with lots of choice.
Would recommend a stay for business or pleasure.

Stayed July 2013
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Dear reviewer,

As you have also highlighted, our breakfast offering is perhaps amongst the best in London - just what you need to set you up for a busy day in meetings, or simply exploring all that Oxford St has to offer!!

I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Zaragoza, Spain
Reviewed July 13, 2013

We have spent five nights in our honey moon in London and not only the hotel was superb (location, rooms, breakfast, etc) but also the staff was amazing, very polite and gentle. Special thanks to the blond girl on reception (I think her name is Kate). She was always taking care of us and she was really charming.
Un hotel espectacular, en el mismo centro de Londres. Hemos estado 5 noches en nuestra luna de miel y aunque no es un hotel barato, merece mucho la pena. Desayunos completísimos y la gente que trabaja allí verdaderamente encantadora.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple