“This was "Good" but not "Very Good" !”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #394 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 3, 2013

GOOD POINTS - location is very handy for theatreland, British Museum and Oxford Street; comfortable room (we got upgraded to a kingsize from a double at no extra cost); surprisingly quiet for the location on a Friday night so no problems sleeping through; well-appointed room.
NOT SO GOOD POINTS - room needed to be dusted properly; only 1 bathrobe and there were 2 of us...surely they could stretch to 2 robes without the guests having to ask for this? We were on the 6th floor under the eaves so the shower was restricted by the angle of the roof and the screen on the bath was too small so there was a big risk of spraying water around and making the floor slippery (which it did). Obviously, the hotel has to work within the shape and size of the building but it would be worth them thinking about this "snagging" type problem; turned off air-con but system kept ticking all the time...odd.
We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Try not to have a room on the 6th floor unless you feel lucky with the shower!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable however I have forwarded your feedback to the Head Housekeeper for him to take the necessary action as this is not the usual standard of the hotel.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel

Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was our first stay in this hotel. We had a double room for 2 nights. As others have said, the rooms are small, and I think expensive for what they are, but perhaps I am just out of touch with London prices. If you're sharing a room, it had better be with someone you get on with well!

The room was comfortable, if rather cramped (shower only, no bath), clean and had everything we needed. The breakfast was excellent, one of the best hotel breakfasts I've had, enhanced by the staff, who were attentive without being intrusive. All the other staff we met - receptionist, concierge, housekeeping and (evening) restaurant staff were equally good: friendly, efficient and obviously well trained in customer care. They put the Hilton into the shade, and if this is typical of Radisson, then it is a definite recommendation for the chain.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank clinicalscientist

Dear Reviewer,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

Thank you also for mentioning the quality of the service offered by the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was the first question I rang down to reception and asked when I arrived in the room. I checked in late (around 10.30pm) I had to wait until the receptionist called for someone else to check me in. However when I received the key for my room it didn't work, so had to come back down to reception for a new key - no apologies or anything....

The room - which was confirmed as a double was really small, the bed didn't feel like a double for some reason, in fact it would have been a squeeze to get anyone else in. Free wifi was perfect, high speed and a good connection. Room was clean, Minibar stocked and toiletries were good quality.

Had breakfast included, first morning was great - had to rush as I didn't have much time - but it wasn't too busy. Next morning the chef must have been different - sloppy scrambled eggs, undercooked bacon and sautéed potatoes which were still rock hard, so not quite as enjoyable.

Lobby area is nice, this was my second stay here, location is handy for Tottenham Court Road or Holborn Tube stations and of course the British Museum.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Paul W

Dear reviewer,
Thank you for your sharing your thoughts on your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
I have shared your comments with the Front Office Manager and the Head Chef for them to take the necessary action as this is not the usual standard of the hotel.
Once again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope to welcome you back to the Kenilworth hotel in the near future.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

Spent one night at this hotel for business trip. I was booked into a single deluxe room and to say it was small, is an under statement . I have never been in a room so small and it made the stay slightly uncomfortable . The bed was also very small and extremely hard which made my nights sleep poor. If you stay at this hotel do not book a single room unless you like the "bijou style". On the plus side the room was extremely clean and modern.The restaurant / bar is lovely and the staff very accommodating. I had a wonderful meal the night I stayed . Good location for tube and also the theatre district. Worth a stay but get a larger room !

Room Tip: Don't go single even if you are a single traveller !

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Kenilworth hotel.
I was very pleased to read positive comments about our staff & standards.

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our single rooms are quite small and I would perhaps suggest that you to book the next room category for your next stay with us.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stay a lot in London on business but this is the first time I have stopped at the Kenilworth Radisson. On the positive side it's very central for Theatres, attractions and shopping being a 5 minute walk away from Tottenham Court Road tube station or 10 minutes from Holborn, so it's walkable to most central locations (even Kings Cross and Euston are only about 20 minutes walk if you're fit!)
The room like most central London hotels was small as was the bathroom, where there was only space for a shower, so don't expect to soak your feet after several hours walking around the streets of London. You do get free Wi-Fi which some of the neighbouring hotels I stop in charge for that facility. Worst aspect was the street noise, deliveries, police sirens, road sweepers throughout the night so if you are a light sleeper insist on a room a the back. For a £150 per night, the least hoteliers can do is ensure their guests get some sleep - it's becoming a theme in my posts!
Breakfast was good with a grab and run option 6-7am and a restaurant hot and cold buffet fro 7-10.30 weekdays. Special mention to the receptionist But generally the staff were pretty good, so well done on that front. Unfortunately it's probably no more than your average chain hotel though and if you were stopping a week you would want a better deal than £150 per night

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the roads, you won't get a view but you may get some sleep!

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the hotel and its location.
As you also mentioned, the Kenilworth Hotel is only located less that 10 minutes walk to the shopping areas of Oxford Street, Leicester Square the prime location in London for world leading film premières as well as Covent Gardens famous for its street performers, elegant buildings, theatres and entertainment facilities.

I was sorry to hear that your night sleep had been disturbed due to traffic noise and would like to apologise for the inconvenience caused.

Once again, thank you for your review of the Kenilworth hotel, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I tried to checked in very early, and whilst this was impossible because my room had been occupied the night before, the staff were very obliging in storing my luggage for me and the later check in was very easy.

The single room was fairly small but beautifully appointed and I had everything I needed.
Dinner was good and breakfast excellent. The staff were consistently very good, efficient and friendly.

I would definitely stay again.

Dear reviewer,

I was pleased to read that you overall stay was enjoyable and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I've been booking the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth for almost 2 years for regular weekend events on a monthly basis and they have consistently met the standards needed for me to provide the right offering to my clients. Staff are always attentive from reception through to catering and to concierge. Nothing is too much trouble and they are continually at hand to ensure everything is as required. It's really important that any hired venue matches or exceeds what you are offering your clients attending your conferences and seminars - the Kenilworth certainly does that and more, which keeps me coming back.

1  Thank MindsetSynergy
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 23, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you.

It is heartening to see that the little things we do are noticed & it makes us even more determined to get things right for our guests.

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcome you again soon!