“Christmas Present”

Ranked #384 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Kings Lyn
“Christmas Present”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stopped hear as part of my wife's Christmas present, we had previously had a disappointing stay but this time was back as it had been previously. We really enjoyed it, and will stop again next time we are in London

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jono1071
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay with us this time around and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (393)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chelmsford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2013

A very good quality hotel. Efficient check in, good food in the restaurant, excellent breakfast. Nice standard of room comfort. Good central location close to the British Museum. Quite expensive but about what you'd expect to pay in central London for a 4-star hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and you were overall happy with the services provided by our colleagues.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth Hotel in the near future.

London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2013

We had afternoon tea, it was a special offer priced at uk10.

Whilst the service was good the tea itself was poor. The cakes slices were dry and hard, 2 brownies, 2 small fancy sponges there were no pastries, you were given one scone each a tiny amount of jam and cream, it was not enjoyable.

We paid a budget price and got a budget deal. We Wondered if we had paid the correct price if the food would have a better quality?

The saving grace was it was cold in london and the restaurant was warm.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review and naturally I am disappointed to read that your afternoon tea experience was not to your full satisfaction from our normal high standards.
I can only apologise and thank you for your review which has allowed me to address the issues with those concerned.
I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Creation Restaurant in person at some point in the future for you to restore your faith in our service.

With kind regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

we were recommended to this excellent gracious hotel and were absolutely delighted with our stay.
We cannot praise all the staff enough,it really was a treat.The location of the hotel could not be better, Oxford street,Tottenham court road,Covent garden and theatre's aplenty.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank eddie p
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Kenilworth Hotel. I was very pleased to read the good comments about the team and the location of the hotel.
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Amsterdam
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Radisson Blu. The room was extremly small and surprisingly run down. We asked for a less noisy room and were told we can only get an alternative room, if we are willing to pay for an upgrade. As we needed some sleep, we agreed to pay for the upgrade and we transferred to a room with the same size, but less noisy.
On the fourth day of our stay, the shower wouldn't work. When we asked at the reception, they informed us that there were works on the water supply and that the water would remain shut off for several hours. Nobody did care enough to give us any advance notice.
The staff was not friendly. I had stayed a number of times at Radisson Blu hotels before, but never had such a disappointing stay - and will never have again, as this definitely was the last stay at a Radisson Blu.
On the positive side the hotel location next to the British Museum is great.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Martin M
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2013
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I understand that you stayed in October last year, however since your visit we have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here during a trip to London for the theatre.

The location of the hotel was excellent, everything we wanted was either within walking distance or only a few tube stops away. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as there are far nicer relooking nts only a short walk away, the Covent Garden Grill was a nice place for simple tasty food.

The hotel facilities were adequate, although a little dated and in need of maintenance.

We opted for the deluxe king room, which was £450 for 3 nights. The room was rather small for our liking, but the bed was big and comfortable, and we were only in the hotel for short rests between outings and sleeping so was fine.

Bit all in all if your looking for just a comfortable room in a good location this hotel ticked the box.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!
I really appreciate your positive comments about the location of the hotel.
I also hope I can welcome you back in the near future and perhaps I could also tempt you to experience some tantalizing, fresh flavours in our newly refurbished Creation Restaurant and Bar.

I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Kind regards,

Beverley, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013

Arrived at the hotel very tired after an early start and a long day in meetings; staff were very helpful - apologised for the short wait to check in, asked about my room preferences etc so I was able to ensure that I asked for a quiet room. Room was very good - though it wasn't large, it was well designed to provide me with a double bed, work area and wardrobe etc without feeling crowded. No bath, but I was probably too tired to take a soak anyway. After working for a little while, had very good nights sleep in a really comfortable bed.

Breakfast was okay - good range and attentive staff. Would happily stay here again.

Great central location for shopping on Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street, if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask if you want a quiet room; the check in staff will know where is quietest!