“My last stay in a Radisson Blu”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #396 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed March 9, 2013

We stayed for a week at the Radisson Blu. The room was extremly small and surprisingly run down. We asked for a less noisy room and were told we can only get an alternative room, if we are willing to pay for an upgrade. As we needed some sleep, we agreed to pay for the upgrade and we transferred to a room with the same size, but less noisy.
On the fourth day of our stay, the shower wouldn't work. When we asked at the reception, they informed us that there were works on the water supply and that the water would remain shut off for several hours. Nobody did care enough to give us any advance notice.
The staff was not friendly. I had stayed a number of times at Radisson Blu hotels before, but never had such a disappointing stay - and will never have again, as this definitely was the last stay at a Radisson Blu.
On the positive side the hotel location next to the British Museum is great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Martin M
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

I understand that you stayed in October last year, however since your visit we have an ongoing soft refurbishment program in place to make sure that the bedrooms are always maintained to the highest standards.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

We chose to stay here during a trip to London for the theatre.

The location of the hotel was excellent, everything we wanted was either within walking distance or only a few tube stops away. We didn't eat in the hotel restaurant as there are far nicer relooking nts only a short walk away, the Covent Garden Grill was a nice place for simple tasty food.

The hotel facilities were adequate, although a little dated and in need of maintenance.

We opted for the deluxe king room, which was £450 for 3 nights. The room was rather small for our liking, but the bed was big and comfortable, and we were only in the hotel for short rests between outings and sleeping so was fine.

Bit all in all if your looking for just a comfortable room in a good location this hotel ticked the box.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth!
I really appreciate your positive comments about the location of the hotel.
I also hope I can welcome you back in the near future and perhaps I could also tempt you to experience some tantalizing, fresh flavours in our newly refurbished Creation Restaurant and Bar.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Arrived at the hotel very tired after an early start and a long day in meetings; staff were very helpful - apologised for the short wait to check in, asked about my room preferences etc so I was able to ensure that I asked for a quiet room. Room was very good - though it wasn't large, it was well designed to provide me with a double bed, work area and wardrobe etc without feeling crowded. No bath, but I was probably too tired to take a soak anyway. After working for a little while, had very good nights sleep in a really comfortable bed.

Breakfast was okay - good range and attentive staff. Would happily stay here again.

Great central location for shopping on Tottenham Court Road and Oxford Street, if that is what you are looking for.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask if you want a quiet room; the check in staff will know where is quietest!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear reviewer,

I really appreciate that you took the time to write your comments on tripadvisor.
I am also glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and that you appreciated its location.
I will pass on your positive comments to the team.
Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth and I look forward to welcome you again soon!

Kindest regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Thank you to the friendly reception and restaurant staff for making me feel welcome and looking after me. This was a nice, stress-free stay and I would recommend this hotel to anyone. The food was also excellent - I recommend the Donegal Salmon and the Rib-eye.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I was very pleased to read such positive comments about our staff & the service provided and I will certainly pass your positive feedback to the team.
Our aim is to make sure that all our guests have the most enjoyable stay and I am very pleased that we have achieved this.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Kindest regards

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager

Reviewed March 7, 2013

good train journey to london, arrived at the hotel staff very friendly and helpful as we did have to move rooms as the first one was very noisy with pipe works ,but next day we changed to a much better room very quiet slept great ,lovely breakfast everything you could want , well located to so yes i would come again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for your lovely feedback regarding the hotel and the team.
I am glad you had an enjoyable stay with us and I am looking forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth in the near future.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Very nice staff greeted us at check-in. Room was ready early and we were checked in very quickly. Good sized room with nice view. Tea and coffee for the kettle was replaced every day. Our room rate included a 15GBP daily bar credit, free wifi, reduced price breakfast, and free movies and bottled water. The bar was laid back and friendly. Breakfast was fresh and comfortable, a nice way to start a day. A great location - next door to British Museum, 5 min to Tottenham Court tube station, everything in West End and Covent Garden was within a 15 min walk. I would stay here again.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth.
I am glad that the service we provided has enhanced your holiday and the team and I would be delighted to welcome you back to the hotel next time you are in London.

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I stayed here with my sister when we went to London on a theatre break. The room was quite small but perfectly adequate for the two of us. The bathroom again was small but spotlessly clean.
We had a few drinks in the bar and the ambience and service were great.
Breakfast was fantastic, lovely quality food, kept really hot with plenty of variety. The fresh fruit was perfect.
The service from all staff was fantastic.
I would strongly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I was so pleased to read so many different positive comments from you and I shall pass on your comments to the team!
I really appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcome you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.
Kindest regards,