Michael Winner says he doesn't book hotels, he books specific rooms in hotels. The Kenilworth proves his point. Six or so weeks ago, I book a mystery hotel on a discount site - I'd pretty much worked out it was The Kenilworth. When I checked in, I was offere an upgrade for £50 per night. I was staying two nights so took the offer. I got a brilliant room; not a suite, but top of the line in terms the hotel's regular rooms.
A couple of weeks later a I got a single. Inside the building, tiny, shower door repaired with bits of what looked like Meccano. OK but rough around the edges. Last week I find myself in a very decent double, view etc but one tiny flaw that seems to recur in the ex Radisson Edwardian hotels - a really badly designed bathroom. The first room I mentioned suffered from this too, but to a lesser extent.
The sink obscured the shower door. Seriously, there was about 8 inches of space to get into the shower. Annoying, not a problem for me as such, but for a larger guest, forget it.
It's a good hotel in a great location but the variation in room standard is astonishing for a single property.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Georgian style Hotel situated downtown in literary area of Bloomsbury. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson London
- London Radisson
- Radisson Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
- Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel London, England