“Shoe Box room and noisy”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel
Ranked #399 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Shoe Box room and noisy”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

£131 per night for a single room which was the size of a shoe box and located right next to the cleaners cupboard...... Don't expect to get a long lie as they will be chatting, singing and rattling trolleys from the early hours. If you check in and get room 223 ask for a change!
Nice enough hotel but overpriced and lacking attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank dandylion77
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, however, I am very disappointed to hear that it was not to your satisfaction.

The room you stayed in was not one of our larger rooms being a Standard single room however, should you wish to stay with us again, I would advise you to book one of our double rooms which are more spacious.
I am also very sorry to hear that that the housekeeping team were loud outside your door and have already discussed the matter with the head housekeeper.

Once again, I do apologise again for the inconvenience caused and hope to welcome you back to the Kenilworth hotel in the near future.

Xavier Paris Deputy General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stopped last night after booking 2 double rooms. Based on the reviews I had read on here I was very nervous that i would be stopping in a shoebox but I had no need to be concerned as the size of the room was more than adequate. The rooms were tired but reasonably clean. Comfortable beds! The security was reassuring with card pass on the corridors aswell as the rooms. The staff were well meaning but we had a 15 minute wait for breakfast because of staff shortages and the they did struggle to keep things together. The breakfast was good, no complaints there despite the wait. HOWEVER, the location was great for Theatreland, Soho, Covent Garden and only a £10 cab ride to Kings Cross. If we were looking again in that area we would book again.

Room Tip: We booked the rooms on the first floor above the front door.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank DixieChix999
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for your feedback regarding the hotel and its location.

As you mentioned, the Kenilworth is well placed for the city, the west end or Eurostar’s St Pancras terminal. .

Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

We were brought an overnight stay from our family to celebrate our 25th Wedding Anniversary along with a trip to the theatre. On arrival, the receptionist knew it was a gift for our anniversary and we were upgraded to a lovely suite. In addition, we were given a complimentary bottle of wine! All staff were most helpful and friendly in particular the lady with blonde lady on reception (sorry we can't remember your name!) So thanks everyone!

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jabazb
Dear reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review following your recent visit to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay for your 25th wedding anniversary. We pride ourselves on the excellent service that we provide to all our customers. We understand that all our customers have different needs and we strive to provide an entirely personal service.
I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back again soon

high wycombe
Reviewed October 6, 2012

we stayed at radisson edwardian kenilworth for a wedding anniversary treat . we had a wonderful stay. the reception staff were lovely and one i particular raymonda was so helpful she made our stay.taking the time to find a restaurant and make booking for us. i would recommend this hotel and will be making another booking in the future

Room Tip: we stayed on the top floor which was quiet we also upgraded to a suite which was small but very comf...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lellieHighWycombe
Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed October 4, 2012

We spent 4 nights at the hotel. Reserved a superior double. The room was clean and up-to date.The bed was big and comfortable, good linen. Bathroom was nice. No breakfast included in Room rate. 15 min walk from Coven Gardens. A nice hotel but not with so many other great hotel to choose from I most likely will not return here. Several of the staff were hard to understand due to english being a second langauge. Staff were very helpful with all our enquiries about the area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Cairo, Egypt
Reviewed October 1, 2012

I spend few days in this hotel , the room was not big but well organized and the service was really good and the people in the reception office were very friendly especially for one of them his name is Mostafa he was very helpful and he could solve any problem you may face in your room, but totally the hotel is beautiful and you could spend a great time in this hotel.

Room Tip: higher floor room keep you away from the noise in the street .Best to choose the room in the third...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Mokhtar294201
Dear reviewer,

I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Kenilworth Hotel and I am grateful for your complimentary review.

Thank you also for mentioning the quality of the service offered by the team and I shall pass on your feedback to the team.
Once again, I do appreciate you sharing your comments with other Tripadvisor users and the team and I would be more than happy to welcoming you back to the Kenilworth in the near future.

Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I have just checked in and am very disappointed. After a long day I was looking forward to my stay in this hotel which is described on its web site as ' luxury hotel'. I am very disappointed.

My single room is tiny.

When I entered the room there was an unpleasant smell.

I discovered that this was due to the toilet that had not been flushed by the previous user.

Having flushed the unpleasantness away I tried to flush again only to find that the flush did not work.

There is no privacy curtain at my window - so must completely pull down heavy blinds when dressing otherwise the people in corridor which looks directly into my room will see me.

Chair at desk is too big to fit under desk thus reducing floor space even further.

I always associated Radisson with good standards and I'm afraid I'm disappointed.

I am a regular traveller and am able to compare standards.

• Stayed October 2012
Dear reviewer,

Thank you for your review although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.

The room you stayed in is not one of our larger rooms but I would like to offer you the opportunity to return to us & I will organise a larger room if you notify the hotel of this request.

I have discussed the cleanliness issue with the head housekeeper for her to take immediate actions as it is not the usual standards of the hotel.

Once again, I do apologise for the inconvenience caused and hope to welcome you back to the Kenilworth hotel in the near future.