The Montague on The Gardens
$207
$341
$285
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$166
Orbitz.com
$755
$629
4,521 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetcovent gardenbirthday cardthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endrooms are smalljunior suite
Reviewed August 26, 2014

This hotel is a gem. The atmosphere, decor, food, hospitality was so wonderfully British and Brilliant. I cannot say enough about the hotel staff. They are like a family. They are witty, charming, kind and sincere. They take joy in what they do. They always tried to please us and make our stay the most enjoyable it could be. I wish I could remember everyone's name, but I wish to send a sincere thank you to George (Jorge) the Concierge for providing the tour of the hotel upon arrival, ordering tickets for our sightseeing adventures and staging my parents for an authentic photo shoot .... sword and all, in front of the fireplace in the lobby. You took that extra time to provide some humor and made us laugh. I only wish we had seen you open champagne bottles with that very sword. Next time! I would also like to thank Daria for being the most sweetest, accommodating server I have ever met. She always went out of her way to make us feel comfortable every time we sat down in the parlor; bringing us coffee and scones because we missed the regular breakfast serving time. I'll never forget the night we arrived and it was too late to get a table outside and a kind hotel member in charge of the dining area (I'm so bad with names) set up a special private area for us in the Conservatory complete with rose petals on our table. What a delight! I wondered, "does he do that everyone?" Indeed! There were so many others who made our stay at Montague on the Gardens memorable. You are all so professional and amazing at what you do. Oh, and did I mention how clean this hotel is, how cozy the rooms are, prompt room service, turn-down service with a treat left every time, delicious food to be eaten either inside or outside, best fish and chips, several places to sit and read as if you are in your own living room; except someone sees you and promptly offers you a drink. Isn't that just annoying...LOL. I can go on and on. Oh yes, free wifi, computers in lobby, safe neighborhood, walking distance to bus stops and Underground, British Museum, shops, restaurants, Russell Square Park, etc. I guess it's safe to say that a stay at Montague on The Gardens will leave you feeling happy, fulfilled, special, relaxed, and ready to save up more money, but not too much, to return in the near future. You will be extremely satisfied with this hotel.

Room Tip: They are all good!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Cheryl C
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review following your recent visit.

It is wonderful to read that you found the Montague to be ‘a gem’. Your kind words that the atmosphere, decor, food and hospitality was ‘wonderfully British and brilliant’ is most appreciated.

We are extremely proud of our staff and it is encouraging to receive such delightful feedback. I am thrilled that the team made you feel like family and were witty, charming, kind and sincere. I am particularly happy that Jorge and Daria were especially helpful and made you feel at home. We continuously strive to go beyond our guest’s expectations of service and it is always motivating to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am glad that the staff assisted with making your stay a memorable one. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Jorge, Daria and the team and that their service is duly rewarded.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the free Wi-Fi available throughout the hotel and the food served in the Blue Door Bistro, principally the fish and chips.

Thank you for your positive recommendation that other guests would be extremely satisfied. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 26, 2014

I have been coming London for the Rugby League Challenge cup final weekend for the past 20 years and have stayed in some really good hotels. However, this hotel is the best to date.

The Hotel Staff were all really friendly and nothing was too much trouble.

The Room was really specious and very comfortable.

Breakfast was a nice relaxed affair and Not a Bun fight as I have experienced in the past and the food was great.

Afternoon tea was a new experience as they did not have Tetley's, PG Tips or Yorkshire Tea but the selection of Tea offered was fabulous and the waiter really good at explaining the different Tea's available.

I only wish that I had spent more time in the hotel rather than having to meet a tight programme of places to go and people to see.

Unfortunately, my partner had just spent the week in London working and arrived home on the Thursday. The last place she wanted to go was back to London so I decided to take my daughter instead. I feel gutted for my partner as she missed out on such a fabulous experience (including the champagne).

My only downfall was that I left my Rugby Programme in my room as I was in a hurry to pack before leaving !

I am now about to book again for next years visit and have advised my partner, who travels to London several times a year, to look at using this hotel in the future. She will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: Our room was at the front of the hotel so we could hear noise from a few people coming back late after a few drinks ! May be better at the back over looking the gardens.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Robbowestyorks

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely feedback about your recent stay.

I am delighted that you feel the Montague is the best hotel you have experienced in London to date. I am equally pleased that you felt your room was spacious and very comfortable.

Our staff take pride in all they do and so it is always wonderful to receive such kind comments as yours. I am happy to read that they were really friendly and that nothing was too much trouble for them. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations and it is fulfilling to hear that their hard work is noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind words and praise are passed on to them.

Your comment that the breakfast was a nice relaxed affair are most appreciated. I am also thrilled that you had the opportunity to experience afternoon tea with us and found the selection of teas to be fabulous.

I have spoken to our Housekeeping team who have informed me that they were not able to find the rugby programme in your room (206). Nor was anything handed in, however if we come across it we will be sure to send it to you.

Thank you for the positive recommendation you gave to your partner about staying with us in future. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next year.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

We had a fabulous stay here..it was our 10th Wedding Anniversary and the staff really looked after us. We felt very special. Great service and great rooms. The location is great for the West End. Had a really good sleep as well, there was no street noise, despite it's great location. Plus anywhere that serves breakfast until 11am on a Saturday and 12noon on a Sunday definitely has the right idea.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Phil A

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

As much-valued guests, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have met your expectations making your 10th wedding anniversary a special occasion. Your kind words that the team looked after you are wonderful to read.

I am pleased that you found the rooms and service to be great. We understand that a lot of our guests stay with us for leisure reasons and like to enjoy their holidays at their own pace so I am equally thrilled that you were happy with our weekend breakfast times.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you both back in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2014

Never have we experienced such a caring hotel that makes their guests feel so wanted.
Superior service of such a rare quality that I truly wonder if it has any equal.
The accommodations are wonderful...really.
/Plus the in-house food...whether its from the restaurant...their grill...or their afternoon tea...the highest quality.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review about your recent stay with us.

It is lovely to read you had a delightful experience with us and found the accommodation to be wonderful.

I am thrilled that you felt the staff made you feel cared for and that they provided superior service. The team take great interest in our guests to ensure that they are comfortable and so I am pleased that their hard work was noticed.

I am equally delighted that you had the opportunity to dine with us and you think that the Blue Door Bistro, Garden Grill and afternoon offerings are of the highest quality.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit to London.

Reviewed August 25, 2014 via mobile

A fabulous hotel. The distinction of the best service is how the staff reacts when something goes wrong. This hotel did a great job of rectifying an unfortunate situation. They took care of the problem and as a team went above and beyond to make us happy. We were made to feel special and at home during our whole stay.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lone_tree_hill

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive review following your recent visit to the hotel.

Your feedback that the Montague is a fabulous hotel was lovely to read!

Your comments regarding our staff are most appreciated. We invest heavily in training them to provide first class customer care to make sure our guests leave us feeling that they have received outstanding service. I am pleased that they took care of a problem you encountered and that they did a great job to rectify the situation. I am equally delighted that they ensured you were looked after and that you had a special, homely stay with us. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

I do hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you back to stay with us in the near future.