The Montague on The Gardens
$288
$279
Orbitz.com
4,483 results
All reviewsbritish museumblue door bistroafternoon tealeopard barrussell squarered carnationcharming hotelquiet streetbirthday cardcovent gardenthe general managerconcierge staffturn down servicelittle toucheswest endjunior suiterooms are small
Reviewed February 4, 2014

It's the staff at this wonderfully-located hotel that makes is so very special. Our stay was booked through 'Late Rooms' which, at the time of booking, specified a double room. Apart from the included extras, there was no further information on the room itself. The double room turned out to be so small that I couldn't close the curtains due to the obstruction of a bedside table; the carpet was horrible (1970s!); and the bathroom door was slowly rotting at the bottom. I immediately asked reception if they had a larger room for which I would gladly pay a premium. Within minutes the manager gave us a complimentary upgrade to a junior suite. The suite was wonderful and so far removed from the original room that it was hard to believe it was the same hotel.
Breakfast and afternoon tea were excellent. Dinner not so good - possibly chef's night off? Very nice bar with wonderful sandwiches.
Furnishings and fabrics a tad ornate and somewhat dated with some truly dodgy carpets. All very clean though.
It is, however, the staff that makes this hotel so memorable. From reception through to waiting- staff and management, all are genuinely friendly, helpful and charming. It's one big happy family.
We will definitely return.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Casojano
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review about your recent visit.

I was very sorry to hear that when booking your room via ‘Late Rooms’ you were not offered further information about the accommodation size. Please accept my apologies for the disappointment this caused when you came to the Hotel. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. However I am pleased that we were able to offer you a larger room.

I was also concerned that you felt your dinner one evening was not very good. At the Montague we pride ourselves in excellent customer service and quality of food and anything less is not acceptable. I will certainly share this with my Executive Chef to ensure that the standard of food is of a high quality at all times.

However, I am pleased that you felt breakfast and afternoon tea were great, as well as the sandwiches served in the bar.

We are very proud of our staff and it is pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. I am delighted that you found them to be friendly, helpful, charming and that they made your stay with us memorable. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind recommendation is most appreciated and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left this hotel was nigh on perfect. The staff were simply exceptional in their attentiveness, without being intrusive. The interior, both public spaces and bedroom was spotless. If there is a better hotel in the area we have yet to find it. Even its position was ideal for theatres, shops.places of interest and establishments for food and drink. If you want a hotel that makes you feel special this is it. Would we go back? Definitely. Would we recommend it to our friends? Certainly.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda G
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review about your recent stay.

I am thrilled that your stay with us was perfect from the moment you arrived until you left. I am equally pleased that you found your room and the public areas to be ‘spotless’.

We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am delighted that you found the staff to be exceptional in their attentiveness without being obtrusive and I will be sure that all of these kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

Your kind recommendation to others with the point that we will make your stay special is most appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Montague soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2014

I have already been to this hotel in the past and was very satisfied with it: now I found it if possible improuved: cozy atmosphere, lovely bar with very good live singing accompanied by piano music, good food, nice rooms and excellent service, beginning with room service and going up to a very helpful reception. It is definitly MY hotel in london. And its position is very convenient

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank maxytruffa

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review regarding your recent visit.

As a regular and much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely significant to us. I am therefore thrilled that we have once again met your expectations and made your most recent stay with us an occasion to remember.

I am delighted that you find the hotel to have a cozy atmosphere and that you enjoy the live pianist in the bar. I am equally pleased that you find the food in the Blue Door Bistro to be good. We continuously strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always motivating to hear that these efforts are noticed.

Your kind words that the Montague is ‘your hotel in London’ are most appreciated. I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

Thank you very much for a lovely one nights stay last night. It was a special birthday for me and I was delighted with the beautiful room we were upgraded to, a lovely treat for us. We are normally on a budget when we go to London so usually stay in premier inns and such like. I have never stayed in such a lovely hotel before. Our room was huge and very elegant. When we returned from our day out at five our bed had been turned down, there was a little stack of profiteroles and luxury snacks waiting for us. I had a lovely card from the staff too. All the staff are extremely friendly. If you too are feeling the need to be spoilt treat yourself to a stay here , you will not be disappointed . Can I say a special thanks to the chap who stored my 'lychee ' bag for me.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments following your recent visit to the hotel.

We are very honoured that you chose to spend your birthday celebration with us here at the Montague and that you had a lovely stay.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to ensure that their time with us is memorable and comfortable and I am thrilled that you felt spoilt. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always rewarding to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am happy that we were able to store your ‘lychee’ bag and I will be sure to pass this on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed January 28, 2014

This is the best hotel in London. I have booked into the Montague on several occasions and, as a single traveller, have always enjoyed my stay. For my 60th birthday I reserved several rooms for myself and friends, many of whom have, and do, stay in hotels all over the world. All of them loved the Montague! A combination of opulent, yet comfortable surroundings, good food and probably the nicest, most helpful staff to be found, made this hotel a real hit. Many of my friends commented too on the cleanliness of the hotel and the fact that their rooms were visited by housekeeping twice a day. I'd like to say a big 'thank you' to all the staff for helping to make my birthday weekend such a happy and memorable one. I think they have just added to their guest list in the future!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank CitybreakerMidlands

Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind review following your recent visit.

As a regular and much-valued guest, your feedback is extremely important to us as it helps us to improve the services and facilities that we provide and I am therefore delighted that we have once again met your expectations, and made your special 60th birthday celebration an occasion to remember. I am equally delighted that your friends also loved their stay with us.

I am pleased that you all found the hotel to be clean and comfortable.

Your comments that the staff are the nicest and most helpful to be found are so kind. This is great motivation for the team and I will ensure that their service is duly recognised.

I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.