“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE”

GreenLeadersGold level
Coventry, United Kingdom
“OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE”
Reviewed January 16, 2014

A beautiful and very unique hotel, my compliments to the team for the event they managed on our behalf, the level of customer service from all of their team was outstanding without exception. On arrival the door was opened for me by a gentleman who took my bag from me and showed me to our function room, from that moment on each member of their team I encountered was so helpful and they all had a smile on their face – sadly this is not common these days, which makes their service level stand out even more. During our meal I was particularly impressed with the team serving dinner as they addressed each guest by name and even shared a joke or two, they were brilliant. I didn’t pass by a single member of staff without them acknowledging my presence with a friendly smile, a hello or an enquiry as to whether they could be of assistance – I am very impressed. Stunning decor, amazing rooftop bar - highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Ellie N
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

I am thrilled that you had a pleasant experience at the Montague and found it to be a beautiful and unique hotel.

Your comments regarding the staff are most appreciated. We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care and make sure our guests leave us feeling they have received exceptional service. I am delighted that the staff assisted you with your bag and showed you to the room on arrival. We take genuine interest in our guests to make them feel comfortable and so I am pleased that they addressed you by name and made conversation. When these efforts are recognised it makes all our hard work worthwhile.

It pleases me to read that you had the opportunity to experience the Ski Lodge and thought it was amazing.

Thank you for your kind recommendation. I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Dirk Crokaert

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (762)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Chicago, IL
Reviewed January 15, 2014

What a wonderful boutique hotel! We were fortunate to enjoy a 4 day stay at the Montague in December. It looked beautful with all the Christmas decorations. Our room was quite cozy but we were aware of this before our stay. Our daughter decided to join us on our trip so we upgraded our room to include her, but it still was very cozy. She slept on a daybed, which was on a landing up a step from the main sleeping area. Luckily it was our first stop on a 2 week trip so our luggage was still quite organized and we didn't really need to spread out. We all agreed in spite of the tight quarters the Montague was our favorite hotel. The English breakfast in the morning with eggs to order, fresh squeezed juice and the most fantastic bacon was a delightful way to start the day. Tea, of course, was available, but what a surprise that cappuccino was also an option. My husband and daughter are both gluten free, so it was great to discover that gluten free bread was available at breakfast. Plus the staff was knowledgeable enough to know that they needed a fresh dish of butter to avoid cross contamination. For anyone following a gluten free diet they will understand what a big deal it is to not have to explain your dietary restrictions and to anticipate your needs. We also had afternoon tea and again were so delighted with the options. Not just one gluten free scone but a variety. Wow! We did not dine in the dining room, but we did enjoy the cozy lounge each evening after a hectic day of sightseeing. What a wonderful retreat!
Our daughter was on a separate flight and arrived hours before we did. I would like to thank the staff for letting her check in early. She was able to drop her bags in the room and tour the area. She felt so comfortable in the hotel that she had a light supper in the lounge. When we arrived she was settled in the room and sound asleep. Thanks so much for the very personal service. We had such a wonderful visit at the Montague. We hope to return with the whole family.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank livetotravel09
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely review about your recent visit.

I was sorry to read that you felt your room was ‘cozy’. Being an older style property, our room layouts and sizes do vary. Please would you mention that you prefer a larger room when you are next making a booking and we will ensure that, subject to availability, you are allocated a more spacious room.

However, I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us over the festive season and you thought the hotel looked beautiful with its Christmas decorations.

I’m thrilled that you enjoyed the breakfast in the Blue Door Bistro, especially the eggs made to order and the selection of coffee offered.

Our staff take genuine interest in our guests to ensure that they have a memorable stay and have everything they may need. We understand that dietary requirements are very important and so we do all that we can to assist our guests, especially by providing a wide selection of dishes for them to enjoy. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and I am pleased that the Reception team were able to assist your daughter on arrival, allowing her to check in early. When these efforts are acknowledged it makes all our hard work worthwhile. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

High Wycombe
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I regularly drop in here for drinks or lunch and even held my celebration party here after I was awarded the Freedom Of The City of London. It's so nice to be greeted by the doorman with a cheery 'good afternoon sir' as he holds the front door open for me. The terrace bar at the rear is an oasis of calm, serves great cocktails and a good lunch that isn't too expensive. The staff take your drink order at the table, the food is great, the service simply superb and everyone is very friendly. This place is a true slice of heaven in London. Long may it continue.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank AndrewPSmith
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

Congratulations on your Freedom of the City Award, we are honoured that you chose to celebrate this celebration occasion at the Montague.

Your kind words that the Terrace Bar is an oasis of calm with great cocktails and food are most appreciated. We constantly strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I am thrilled that they were cheerful, friendly and provided superb service. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to the team and that their service is duly noted.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I had the unruly task of organising our Christmas Party this year, being very fond of the Montague and all its staff it was of course one of my first point of calls. After I was faced with various options I’m so happy I went with this hotel! The night was amazing, the staff covered everything so I could sit back and enjoy the party, the help and support from the sales and events team on the run up to the event was always helpful and suggestive. All of my staff members thoroughly enjoyed themselves, with comments that it has been the best work party they have been to in years! Would defiantly recommend, food brilliant, hospitality brilliant an overall excellent experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
MontagueLondon, General Manager at The Montague on The Gardens, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your lovely review following your recent visit.

I was delighted that you were impressed with the party you had organised for your work Christmas event and you had an excellent experience.

We invest heavily in training our staff to provide first class customer care from start to finish and it is motivating to read that your colleagues felt it was the best work party they had been to in years. I am pleased that you felt the staff were helpful and suggestive from start to finish; allowing you to enjoy the party yourself. It is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed and I will be thrilled to share your wonderful feedback with the team.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This is a nice hotel with a "boutique" ambiance. The staff are very attentive and helpful. It is located directly across the street from the British Museum and is very convenient to the underground subway system. The food in the restaurant is excellent.

Warning to US travelers - the hotel will seem older and smaller than what you are used to in the States. The rooms are quite snug, with very little free space - it was fine for me traveling alone, but I cannot imagine what it would be like with a second person. That being said, the hotel was maintained in excellent condition.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank poohmacat2
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your kind review following your recent visit.

I am pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay at the Montague and found the staff to be attentive and helpful. I have also noted your positive words about our restaurant the Blue Door Bistro. Your lovely comments provide great motivation for the team.

Thank you for the feedback regarding our rooms. Being an older style Georgian townhouse property we have a wide selection of styles, shapes and sizes of accommodation with each room being unique. If you would like to mention that you would prefer a larger room when next making a booking with us, we will, subject to availability, allocate a more spacious room. We like to ensure our guests are comfortable and we do all that we can to ensure that this is achieved.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Me and my friends visited the ski lodge for my birthday during December and had an absolutely fantastic time. All your staff were brilliant and made it a really special birthday for me. They were very flexible with us to meet our needs and there is nothing we could fault them on...we particularly liked their Christmas jumpers and hats!
Thank you for being brilliant and we will definitely be keeping an eye on what you have to offer next Christmas time :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Dear guest,

I am thrilled that you chose to celebrate your birthday with us at the Ski Lodge. Our staff like to ensure that our guests have everything they want and that they have a memorable time when they are at the hotel and so I am pleased their hard work was noticed.

Please do check our website as we regularly update it with all our events for 2014 including winter.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

London
Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent Saturday night here to celebrate my wife's birthday. I booked due to the other excellent reviews on here. The service was exemplary from the first moment with our being greeted outside, our luggage collected from the taxi and greeted by name at reception. The decor is striking, and with Georgian decadence. As it was my wife's birthday we were given a complementary room upgrade which was a nice touch. Tommy the porter showed us around the hotel which was a nice touch, before taking us up to our room and once again then going through some of the features of the room. Tommy then left us to relax while he collected our bags. Tommy was personable and helpful in a non pushy and relaxed way. We went to the bar for a light snack which were quickly delivered alongside some complementary and delicious olives and candied pecans. We went out for the evening so I can't comment further on dinner etc. when we returned later that evening we returned to the bar for some cocktails expertly and carefully mixed by Declan. A nice touch in the room was the night light in the bedroom and bathroom. Breakfast the following morning was high quality, it was particularly nice to see some white pudding as well as black with the English breakfast! We left the hotel later that morning and my wife was given a birthday card signed by a number of staff members. Another nice touch - as others have mentioned it's the little things that add up to a great experience! We would definitely return - Thank you to all the staff that made our stay so enjoyable - you all do a great job!

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank roystammers
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive review following your recent visit.

We are very honoured that you chose to celebrate your wife’s birthday with us and that it was a pleasant and memorable occasion.

I am delighted that Tommy assisted you on arrival with your luggage and showed you around the hotel. I am equally pleased that you enjoyed the cocktails Declan mixed for you in the Terrace Bar. We are very proud of our staff and so it is always pleasing to receive such kind comments as yours. We constantly endeavour to exceed our guest’s expectations of service and it is always satisfying to hear that these efforts are noticed. I shall ensure that all of your kind comments and praise are passed on to Tommy and Declan.

I am thrilled that you enjoyed breakfast served in The Blue Door Bistro, especially the white pudding. I will share your feedback with the Kitchen team.

I hope we have the opportunity of welcoming you back to the hotel soon.