“Weekend break”

Ranked #102 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Craigavon, United Kingdom
“Weekend break”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Just have returned from our second visit here. Received a welcome back note from the manager, which was very thoughtful. We love this hotel it's central location (at Seven Dials) modern rooms, great food and helpful staff all enhanced our stay.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear janettrex,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience with us.
I was delighted to learn that you love the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel not only because of its location, modern rooms and great food but also because of our great staff.

Thank you for coming back to visit us and I look forward to welcoming you back for your third visit.

email: maidab@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (401)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Rugby, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location, fantastic hotel from the decor to the friendly and helpful staff. All of our needs were met including decorating one of the three twin rooms we had with birthday balloons and a cake. Many thanks to Barbara who I arranged this with by email before we arrived. We had breakfast in the hotel which too was faultless. I would definitely book to stay here again with both friends or family.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Jo T,

Fabulous review, thank you very much for sharing it!

I was thrilled to read that you had a great time with us and that you enjoyed everything about the Hotel from the location to the rooms to the nice breakfast and the friendly staff.
Thank you for coming to the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel to celebrate this special birthday!

I hope to welcome you back very soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future booking.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2014

I got transferred here from another Radisson. This one is placed in theatre land and near Covent Garden. It's clean and light. The rooms are modern with Apple TV. Breakfast was nice and varied. Service was good

Room Tip: if you want a quiet room, ask for one facing the courtyard. The view is not as good, but it will be...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dant6817
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 28, 2014
Dear Dant6817,

Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read that even though you were not planning to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel you had a nice time with us.
I am glad that you enjoyed your room, its facilities and the nice and varied breakfast.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back and please do not hesitate to contact me for anything you might need.

Taunton, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Recently spent two nights here as a birthday treat. Sited in Covent Garden right on the Seven Dials junction. This hotel is ideally located for visiting Theatre Land. Booked a deluxe king size room which was a decent size with a really comfy bed. Nice bathroom and everything spotlessly clean. Didn't appreciate til check in that we got a £15 drinks voucher to spend in the hotel bar each night which just covered the cost of two large glasses of wine. We also got a free movie ..but movies weren't activated in our room and as we knew we weren't going to be in much, we didn't bother contacting reception to get them made available. Didn't eat in hotel so can't really comment on restaurant but food being served in the bar looked very good. Only one negative was the really noisy air con unit which was a pain during the night, but would be happy to stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2014
Dear TheScousegit,

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your birthday at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

Our location is one of the best in London not only because it is very central and close near to the theatres but also because it is in the heart of Covent Garden, in the middle of what is called the "Seven Dials hidden Village" with all of its nice little shops and restaurants to discover. I am glad that you liked your comfortable room and that you had the chance to enjoyed the £15 drink vouchers at our Bar.

I look forward to welcoming you and your partner back and perhaps next time you would like to try our Restaurant "Scoff & Banter", I would love to hear your feedback about it.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed March 24, 2014

What a gem! I'm so fortunate to have been able to stay at this wonderful hotel while in London on business. It was obvious that the hotel had recently undergone some renovations, so the amenities were very modern. The staff was very friendly, always offering to help, sometimes to an extreme. When I was waiting to check-in, one of the two front desk staff at the time helped a guest get a cab. Typically this would be a simple phone call to a cab company, but not this time. The staff member walked outside to the roundabout and for about 5 minutes, tried to flag down a cab. This seemed very silly and slightly frustrating for me since I was stuck waiting. I obviously didn’t wait very long and once a staff member was available, I checked in very quickly.

The double twin-bed room was fairly spacious by London standards. Our room faced the courtyard, so it was very quiet. I slept very well the entire week.

Pet peeves -- the light switch to the bathroom was _outside_ of the bathroom. So if I had to get up in the middle of the night, there was no way to turn the light on to the bathroom without disturbing the other person in the room.

The shower head in the bathroom was great – excellent pressure and relaxing after a long day. The shower didn’t have a closing door though, so water would escape out onto the bathroom floor. Nothing some towels couldn’t handle but still could have been avoided by adjusting the shower head.

Overall, great stay!

Room Tip: Room facing the courtyard will tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Dear Katherine Z,

I was delighted to read your nice review about your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

The Hotel has indeed been renovated a couple of years ago and our amazing housekeeping and maintenance team do an excellent job to keep the place spotless.
Thank you for highlighting the friendly and helpful staff, they do their best to take care of our guests and make sure they have a memorable experience. I apologise for the waiting time at the check-in, we flag taxi directly from the street because most of the time is faster than calling the actual taxi company but I do understand your point.
It was great to read that your enjoyed your quite room and that you had good nights sleep.
Thank you for your constructive feedback about the shower head, I will share it with the Maintenance Team in order to improve the situation, I apologise for the inconvenience.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in the future and if you need any assistance with future booking do not hesitate to contact me.

email:maidab@radisson.com
Isleworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 23, 2014

I was invited to a 50's themed Hen Party which was held in a private room at this hotel.
It was perfect for this type of occasion, we had a variety of sandwiches, tea/coffee, scones and cakes, lemonade and champagne/sparkling wine.
Once set up we had complete privacy.
The hotel is new, small however the clever design makes it look bigger.
The staff were very helpful and friendly great location in the centre of London, shops, restuarants and bars a plenty.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Annewilltravel ,

Thank you for taking the time to share your lovely experience with us.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed every aspect of this special event from the food to the hotel décor and the friendly staff. I will share your nice feedback with all the departments which I am sure will be extremely pleased.

I hope to welcome you and your friends back soon, perhaps next time for a relaxing overnight stay!
If I can assist you with anything please do not hesitate to contact me.

Coleraine, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2014

My wife sourced this hotel as central to our needs for a trip to London as part of a Christmas present. She had bought a corporate package for me and our son who joined us from Aberdeen to watch a Chelsea match - my son's the fan! The hotel allowed us to take in shows in Covent Garden and proved ideal for the trip. The rooms were clean well provisioned for our needs and location excellent. Staff were efficient and helpful. Just what you need for a few days packed with activity

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear SurgMac,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on trip advisor, much appreciated.

I was thrilled to read that the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel was the perfect place for your family break. As you correctly said, its location is ideal for few days packed with activities as it is walking distance to everything and very well connected to other London areas.
I am glad that you also enjoyed your room and that you found our staff efficient and helpful.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you and your family back.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.