“Top class attention”

Ranked #103 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Farnham, United Kingdom
“Top class attention”
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

I contacted Barbara in reservations to book a couple of rooms for my daughter and friends who wanted to spend a weekend in London to celebrate her 18 th birthday - not easy as I was arranging and paying for the trip all remotely and in advance! However, first of all Barbara was excellent and responsive to fix the accommodation and secondly arranging for a surprise birthday cake in my daughter's room! My daughter was full of praise for the hotel quality and the staff , it made for a very special birthday.. Thank you!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Dear Mr. Trace N,

Many thanks for this lovely review!
I was truly happy to read that your daughter and her friends have a great time with us during this really special weekend. I am glad that they liked the hotel and that we were all able to create a memorable experience for your daughter’s 18th birthday.

Thank you again for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel for this special occasion and please contact me for any other future assistance you might need.

email: maidab@radisson.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was my first stay here during my biz trip to London. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of Covent Garden. The plus is clearly the location. The minus is the noisy of the rooms just close to Mercer Street. My rooms was quite small with guardrobe in the bathroom. Although a king size bed, the room was ok for one person but absolutely small for a couple.
Staff was kind in booking my taxi in advance for my early wake up.

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms on the first floor and especially those one on Mercer St.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, January 23, 2014
Dear SiM0StOne,

I would like to thank you for sharing your positive experience with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed both the great location and the room. As you correctly said, we do have some rooms rather small but we do have as well spacious rooms, from king deluxe to junior suite.
I was pleased to read that the team was helpful and able to organise an early taxi for you.

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel. If you decide to visit us again in the future, please contact me directly, I would be happy to assist you with any request you might have.

Salisbury
Reviewed January 20, 2014 via mobile

Great location in central London (as long as you're not driving!) and very handy for the whole Neal's Yard, Covent Garden shopping area and the theatres. Easy walking distance to Trafalgar Square.

We had a superior room that was upgraded to a king; I think this applies simply to the size of bed as the room was not huge. Shower/bath, fridge, TV, free wifi. To make the most of the space available the corridors are quite narrow and the lifts are a bit of a squeeze.

We didn't eat in, but as others have noted the breakfast is a bit pricey at £23/head. There are, however, plenty of eateries just outside the front door so you shouldn't starve. Be warned that on Sunday the shops and cafés trade from 12-6, so you will have to wander slightly further to find a chain café (Prêt-a-Manger, Costa) open in the morning.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Dear DanAir28,

Thank you for taking the time to write this nice review.
The hotel’s central location is indeed one of the best in London, steps away from Covent Garden shopping area, theatres and well connected. The perfect place to be for a fantastic break in London.
Room sizes and types vary from 16sqm to 42 sqm and we do what we can to satisfy any guest request. Please contact me next time you stay with us, I will do my best to reserve one of the larger room for you.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

nice welcoming.staff very helpfull.the rooms are good.very clean.bed are good as well very quite hotel.breakfast was nice with attentive staff.the good point is the hotel are in the center very close to everythink you need.

• Stayed January 2014
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased that you enjoyed both your room and the hotel central location.
I very much appreciated the positive comments about the staff, I will share them with all the teams.

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and we hope to welcome you back in the future!

UK
Reviewed January 14, 2014

I don't often give hotels 5 star reviews, but the Radisson Blu Mercer Street really deserves it.

After a warm welcome at reception, the public areas are tastefully decorated with numerous modern art installations.

My room on the 5th floor was spacious and included a Mac Mini attached to the television along with the usual business class comforts. The lounge area was spacious and comfortable, with a large sofa and coffee table, and a table and chairs suitable for working or dining.

Decor and general maintenance of the hotel are excellent. The style is modern but understated, and the housekeeping keep the entire hotel spotless.

Sadly this hotel is usually just a few pounds over our stringent expense policy, otherwise it would be my hotel of choice each week in London, but I will certainly stay here again at some point, particularly if I had family members visiting London.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Scott B
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear Scott B,

This is a fantastic review, very much appreciated, thank you!

It was wonderful to read all these beautiful comments for each hotel department.
It gives me a great pleasure to know that you liked the hotel decor and that you found your room spacious and comfortable.
I would like to thank you for highlighting the good job done daily by maintenance and housekeeping, the teams work hard and do their best to make sure the hotel is always spotless for our guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact me for any booking, assistance or request you might need, I would be happy to help.

Thank for staying with us!

Warm regards,

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel was lovely,all the staff we came across were very friendly and couldn't do enough for you.It is in a fantastic location,less than 2 mins walk from the centre of Covent Garden. The seven dials area(where the hotel is situated) is a haven of lovely little shops which were great to explore.
The room was wonderfully clean and everything thing in it was of the best quality,even down to your own iron and ironing board.

The only problem we had was with the size of the lifts,as my daughter was in a wheelchair and to get in them we had to remove parts of the chair.

Room Tip: just speak to reception with any requests and I'm sure they will do all to help.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear yoyo801,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel with the other Trip Advisor users.

It can be said that the Seven Dials is the hidden village of Covent Garden and the boutique shops and restaurants really are great to explore.
We hold a very high standard of quality for our rooms and the service that we provide to our guests, so thank you for your kind comments; they have been passed onto the relevant departments.
Regarding the access to the lift with your wheelchair, our hotel is not an accessible hotel but we do our upmost best to assist guests.

Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back soon. Please contact me for anything you might need, I would be glad to assist you.

Email: maidab@radisson.com
King's Lynn, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is our first choice hotel when we can afford to stay overnight in London. It is not exactly cheap but at £165 our on-line, non-refundable advance booking was a reasonable price for this level of hotel in Central London. It has a great location for many theatres, restaurants and shops; it's a brisk 5 minute walk from the Royal Opera House and less than that from Leicester Square underground station if you're heading a little further afield.

Since our last visit several years ago there has been a major refurbishment which has seen the reception area change places with the restaurant. Reception and concierge desk staff were unfailingly polite, attentive and helpful. Assistance with our (very light) luggage was offered but not imposed, thus avoiding that embarrassing moment of wondering what to tip someone for riding up in the elevator with you and pointing out the room's amenities.

We overheard staff talking of this being a quiet period before Christmas. Whether this or our intermittent previous visits was responsible for us being upgraded to a Business Class room on the 7th floor was not clear but we were more than happy with it. Though somewhat compact, with all the necessary facilities (safe, flat screen television, bathrobes, etc) it was ideal for our purposes (full day theatre, ballet, eating and shopping) but might not be such a good choice if you wished to lounge around indoors all day. The bathroom was excellent and equally well-designed, apart from the curious positioning of the full-length mirror on the door facing the toilet; good toiletries and shower.

From our location on the 7th floor we enjoyed a great view of the London skyline including the London Eye. Being high above the street and the large number of pubs and eateries around the hotel ensured that it was surprisingly quiet - apart from one raucous rendition of The Twelve Days of Christmas.

Room Tip: Higher rooms avoid street noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear LaDolceVita27,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with us and with the trip advisor users.
It is a pleasure to know that we are your first choice hotel when you come to London, thank you!

I couldn't agree more the location is surely unbeatable as not only it is close to many theatres, restaurants and significant London landmarks but also it is really well connected to central and beyond.
I am glad to know that you enjoyed your room and its great view of the London skyline.
Thank you for the lovely feedback about the staff, they all do their best to accommodate guest requests and to make sure they have a fantastic break!

I hope to welcome you back soon. Please contact me for any future booking you may have as I would be happy to look after your London breaks.