“Perfect location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #91 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 4, 2014

We booked this hotel as it is literally 30 steps from the Cambridge Theatre ( Matilda ). Based on the Seven Dials it is a fab location for theaters and restaurants.
I arrived early around 1.30 and the rooms were ready which was great and meant I could leave our cases and go shopping. The lady who checked me in was friendly and helpful.
The rooms were comfortable, clean, quiet and light, a little on the small side, but for one night it was perfect.
Didn't use the restaurant bar so cannot comment, but it was busy when we walked past.
Would agree with previous reviewer in that the air freshener smell was a little strong in the reception area.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear SaffyDog,

I appreciate you for taking the time to write this nice review about your time with us.

Thank you for highlighting our perfect location: we are literally on the busy "Seven Dials" which is walking distance from the lively Covent Garden area, main theatres, great restaurants and shops.
It is a pleasure to read that the receptionist was able to check you in early, our team is always keen to satisfy any guest requests.
I am delighted to know that you really liked your comfortable room and that you found it clean and quite.
The "Scoff & Banter " Bar and the Restaurant are usually quite busy, especially during the weekend, but I do hope that next time you will have the chance to try it and share your experience with us.

The team and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back soon.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

email: maidab@radisson.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,032)

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights just before Christmas. Perfect location for everything and in walking distance to most of the sights we wanted to see. Staff friendly and professional. Room was clean and we slept really well. We were we would be given a complementary upgrade if rooms were available as we were staying for our wedding anniversary. Although we were told rooms were available if we wanted to pay for an upgrade we weren't offered a complementary upgrade but that's fair enough and worth asking anyway! We were left a cupcake with happy anniversary written on the plate in our room which was a thoughtful touch. Will be visiting London in the summer and booking here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Joanne R,

Thank you for sharing with us your lovely feedback.

It is great to know that you enjoyed our perfect location which allowed you to easily reach the sights you wanted to see.
I am glad that you had good nights sleep and that the team has been friendly and professional.
I would like to apologise for not having the possibility to offer you a complementary upgrade, unfortunately it depends on the availability but I am delighted to read that you liked the cupcake left in your room wishing you "happy anniversary" !

I am happy to know that you are coming back soon; please contact me for any booking or prior to your arrival, I will make sure you will have a pleasant summer break.

email:maidab@radisson.com

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights just before Christmas. We had a tiny room with twin beds but it was adequate for us. I noticed on another review that someone complained that the bathroom was small and it was - but again it was adequate. Things we loved about the hotel - it is very clean, has a wonderful breakfast, and very helpful staff. We particularly found Louis, the concierge, to be someone who went out of his way to help us. This hotel is in a great location. We walked to the theater, most of the favorite tourist sights, Picadilly Circus area, Covent Garden, and lots of restaurants. The only time we took a cab was our trip to the train station with our luggage. The only thing I would change would be the air freshner in the lobby - too overpowering and strong. However, I would recommend this hotel and would stay here again.
Thank you to all the staff including the breakfast staff for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear gnizoons1,

Thank you for taking the time to sharing this great review with us.

It was thrilled to read about all the wonderful things you liked during your stay; I will share your feedback with all the team and with Luis, I am sure he will be happy to hear it.

Our location is doubtless great: walking distance from London main attractions, theatres and nice restaurants.
I am really happy to know that all the staff made your stay really enjoyable.
I was sorry to read that you found the room a little small:we do have different room size, please contact me next time you come to visit us and I will try to satisfy any request you might have.

Thank for staying with us and I wish you a very happy 2014.

Email: maidab@radisson.com

Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed at Radisson Mercer Street for the 3rd time on New Years Eve. We have returned here mainly because of its location. It is unbeatable in London you can get to just about anywhere you would want to get to in a matter of a few minutes. We walked to Adelphi to see The Bodyguard (dont bother) and passed lots of other Theatres on the way. It really is right where you want to be, there are also some great restaurants and bars all around this hotel.

Rooms are always immaculately clean and staff always very welcoming. Didnt eat at hotel but thought £23 for breakfast a bit steep.

Can't wait to return

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear jackiebeattie,

Thank you for your nice review.

It is a pleasure to know that you spent the New Year's Eve with us, thank you!
The location is indeed unbeatable, not only really close to many theatres but also shops, restaurants and nice coffee shops.
I am glad that you like the rooms and that the staff always make you feel welcome.

Please contact me for any future booking, we would like to welcome you back soon!

Warm Regards and Happy New Year.

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We had an overnight stay at this hotel for my husbands 50th birthday theatre treat.
It was ideally located in Covent garden, and only a five minute walk to Shaftesbury Avenue.
We arrived early at 1230, and I asked if there was any chance we could have an early check-in. It was no problem at all. The receptionist was very helpful, friendly and speedy!
The room was on the first floor next to the lifts. It did not have a very good outlook, but we were not too bothered as we were not going to be spending a lot of time in there. Spotlessly clean and modern. Really nice bathroom too.
The bed was really comfy,and I loved the pillows - my only complaint was it was a little too warm.
We opted for a breakfast "to go" as I did object to paying £23.00 each for breakfast in the restaurant. I got a couple of Danish pastries, a bacon and egg sandwich and a couple of coffees, £14.50 in total! Very tasty it was!
All in all a great hotel, and I would definitely go back.

Dear Moomoo437,

Thank you for your nice feedback and for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel for celebrating this special occasion.

I am pleased to read that we were able to have a room ready for you before check-in time and that the receptionist was helpful and friendly.
I am glad that you found the bed really comfortable and that you liked the bathroom.
It is great to know that our “breakfast to go” was a good option for you and that you enjoyed it.
Please contact me any time you and your partner would like to come back, I will be more than happy to take care of your stay with us.

Reviewed December 31, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in October 2013. I arrived at the hotel around 9am and thought I'd have to come back in the afternoon to check in. However my room was ready to go so I was very pleased.

I am a wheelchair user so always worry about a hotels accessibility but was instantly impressed. I had been in touch with the hotel once is made my reservation as I was concerned about not having access to a roll in shower in the standard disabled rooms. The staff were great and very accommodating. They offered me a larger room that wasn't classed as a wheelchair room but it had a large walk in shower, all for free of charge. As the room was larger in size in meant I could still get my chair in and around the room easily. The walk in shower was spotless and very easy to use. The bed was extremely comfy and very big! I'm usually very uncomfortable in a bed that hasn't got my supports in but there was so many pillows, the mattress was very comfy and you had so much room, that a good nights sleep would be hard to avoid! I The hotels bar was also very accessible and all the staff were friendly and happy to accommodate my needs. We ordered room service one evening and the food was absolutely gorgeous.

The hotels location is fantastic. You couldn't be nearer to the Cambridge theatre and the centre of Covent Gardens. The staff were always happy to get you a taxi which is a big help when your in a wheelchair!

Overall, I was very pleased with my stay here and I'm already looking to book up again for another stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear lolly_m92,

I would like to thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It is extremely rewarding to know that all the team members did everything to accommodate your needs during your stay; here at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel we all work hard and with passion, always aiming to create memorable experiences for our guests.

I am pleased that we were able to check you in early in the morning and that we had the possibility to upgrade you to a bigger room which satisfied your needs. It couldn't make me more happy to know that the room was perfect for your needs: from the easy to use walk-in shower to the comfortable bed and the many pillows.
I am glad that you found the bar easy accessible and that you had the possibility to try and enjoyed our room service food.

The team and I hope to welcome you back very soon! Please contact me for any assistance, I will personally make sure you will have another fantastic time with us.

email:maidab@radisson.om

Reviewed December 30, 2013

The Radisson Blu Edwardian is a nice looking hotel set in a central location of the seven dials, idea for shopping and west end shows ,Hotel is very central being very close to Covent Garden and Oxford street shopping . When we arrived we were greeted by nice helpful staff and check in was easy and fast excellent service.
Our room was on the fifth floor,this being easy to get too with the lift behind reception next to the bar and restaurant.
The room was small ( as mentioned by other reviews) but compact with everything you needed for a weekend city break,(most people i know don't spend much time in a hotel room)
Hotel room and bathroom was spotlessly clean and modern.
The bed was comfy and pillows good ,perfect for a good night sleep ,Bathroom was very small
which was fine for us but if you are of a very large build then maybe a tight squeeze.
Not much in the way of hanging space for clothes if you where staying more than a week you might struggle 2 people sharing a small wardrobe with a hairdryer,mirror,safe and tea/coffee tray all in one cupboard in the corner.
We went out for the afternoon and when we came back to our room the bed had been turned down for the evening and the bin empty and new glasses provide a nice unexpected touch.
The television was a good size and positioned at the right height when your in bed straight in front of you .
The free bottle of water tea and coffee was good ,(only thing i would say is not enough milk cartons could have done with and extra couple.)
Breakfast wasn't included with the deal we booked and i didn't feel £23 per head was good value ,So we went to a lovely little place about 10 min walk called The Breakfast club
amazing breakfast but get their early as you might have to Que.( its that good and half the price).
Overall a great stay in a excellent location, nice modern hotel, good service and spotlessly clean , i would recommend anyone stay here if your looking for the above on a city break.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear Paul W,

Thank you for sharing such a lovely feedback with us and with the Trip Advisor users.

It is really rewarding to know that you found the team nice and helpful, that you received an excellent service and that the turndown service was a lovely unexpected touch.

I am happy to know that you found the room well-appointed with everything you needed, even though small. As I previously mentioned, we do have different room sizes, please do not hesitate to contact me next time and I would be glad to accommodate any of your request, such as a larger room.
I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the hotel excellent location, its general décor and service.

Thank you again for your detailed and constructive feedback and I hope to welcome you back soon. Please contact me for any future booking, I will be glad to personally take care of your next stay.
Warm Regards and have a happy 2014!