“perfect location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #95 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 8, 2013

All round very good and perfect location. Even bumped into johnny depp outside!
Got all the hustle and bustle of Covent garden right outside! Can walk to Oxford circus in a few minutes. Would also reccomend Bills for breakfast.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RobDes74
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear RobDes74,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor.

I am really glad that you and your partner liked the Hotel and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
The hotel is really convenient located: walking distance from the main London attractions, restaurants and shops, perfect location indeed!

I hope that the team and I will have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future and perhaps next time you would like to try our new Restaurant "Scoff & Banter" which serves British Soul Food cooked with great passion!

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and please let me know if I can assist you with any future booking.

Warmest Regards,

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

Reviewed December 6, 2013

Fortunately we were told about this hotel by friends when looking for some where to stay when travelling to London. The area is so wonderful. Cobbled streets with individual shops old London pubs and restaurants meet at the seven dials monument The hotel is situated on one corner across from an old London pub with the show Matilda on another corner. This area is on the edge of Covent Garden and Soho. We went to Ronnie Scott's and also to see Jersey Boys which were only 5 minutes walk away The area has several theatres pubs and restaurants within easy walking distance.
Back to the hotel which made our stay so good. The staff were first class and nothing was too much trouble The hotel was spotless and our deluxe king was very roomy and again spotless I could most certainly recommend this hotel and would not hesitate to book again if I go down to London To add a further comment It was a magical time around the area with streets lite up for Christmas and finding this hidden gem

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Glenis19,

Thank you for sharing such a wonderful feedback!

I am thrilled to read that you found our staff first class, the team and I are really passionate in delivering the best customer service and it is really rewarding when our guests notice it.
I am really pleased that you liked both the hotel and the area: it is indeed really magical during Christmas time!

Thank you very much for staying with us.
We look forward to welcoming you back and please contact me for any future booking, I will personally make sure that you will have another lovely stay in your hidden gem.

email:maidab@radisson.com

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Stayed here for the first time in some months again after a while of staying elsewhere in London. This radisson still rates as our current favourite in central London amongst 4-5 star establishments of "normal" central London price level. We got our room immediately upon arrival even at 10am on the Friday, thanks to very helpful front desk staff. The rooms are still 'crisp' as the place still has that new feel. Our late checkout also helped a lot, meaning we could get straight back to our return train after checking out. Location is great, and the vibes of Seven Dials and the pedestrian areas as well as Covent Garden are still a pure buzz. That unique Radisson public areas fragrance also nowadays feels almost normal and nice!!
In the vicinity, down the next cobbled street off the Dial roundabout and a couple of blocks off towards the Holborn / Kingsway direction generally, check out the pub Cross Keys on Endell Street. Sublime outside and inside, complete with some glorious overheard stories of escapades of regulars. Well worth the lower than usual London pint price!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2013

Dear LeenaSK,

Thank you very much for such a lovely review.

The team and I are thrilled to learn that you and your partner came back to visit us and not only you enjoyed your stay but also we are still one of your favourite hotel.

I am pleased to read that the we were able to check you in early in the morning and that we had the possibility to give you a late check out, we take great care in looking after our guests and it is really rewarding receiving such a positive feedback.

I am delighted to know that you found the team very helpful and that you enjoyed our services and the great location.

I hope you will come back to stay with us in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance you might need.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

The hotel is located in the middle of the action near Covent Garden, close to theatre district, shopping and bars. The rooms are renovated, stylish, and calm. I will go back to this hotel for my next stay on London. Really enjoyed it.

1  Thank I A
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2013

Dear I A,

Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us and with the Trip Advisor followers.

It was a pleasure to learn that you and your partner enjoyed not only the really central and vibrant location of the Hotel but also its style and décor.
The team and I are thrilled to read that you had a great time at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and that you will stay with us again.

Please contact me next time you are coming to the Hotel, I would be happy to look after your reservation and your time with us.

Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel on Saturday 23rd November. I couldn't recommend this hotel enough. The location was the first thing we noticed and just how amazing the hotel looks with all the Christmas lights around it!
We were greeted with a very warm welcome at reception and although we had booked a standard double room we received a complementary upgrade to a King Deluxe. The room was well decorated and quite spacious with a nice large bathroom. There was even an apple TV box. Whilst we were getting ready to go out for the evening, we received a knock on the door and it was a lovely surprise... two complementary cookies with a nice "thought for the day". A lovely touch. Whilst we were out we received a turn down service. Just a two minute walk away is a lovely place called Bill's to have breakfast! Amazing food! (just next to Jamie's Italian). Would certainly recommend this hotel!

Dear Sara B,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am so pleased that you had an excellent stay! I could't agree more about the Christmas lights: they make the Hotel and the Covent Garden area look magic.
I am delightful to read that you liked the room and that we were able to upgrade you to a bigger one, we like to spoil our guest when we are able to do so.

I hope to welcome you back soon and perhaps next time you would like to try our Restaurant Scoff & Banter, new concept and new tasty British menu.
Thank you again for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me for any future booking or any assistance you might need.

Reviewed November 22, 2013

Excellent location, very central, easy access to absolutely everything, hotel style is a successful mixture of modern and cosy, main street is quite quiet and we had a lovely view over the surrounding roofs and the London Eye in the distance, room wasn't huge but spacious enough for two, bathroom was particularly nice and practical, staff was professional and friendly, and last but not least, breakfast was particularly well served, everything very fresh and tasty. Been to quite a few 4-5 star hotels and never bothered leaving a review on tripadvisor but this one deserves to be praised. I won't bother going anywhere else next time I'm in London!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2013

Dear Charline F,

Thank you for taking your time to write your feedback on Trip Advisor, it really means a lot.

It is a great feeling reading your lovely review and that you will come back every time you will be in London.
I am pleased that you found our staff professional and friendly and that you enjoyed the beautiful view from your room .
I can happily see that you tried our breakfast and that you enjoyed it, perhaps next time you would love to try our recently lunched Scoff and Banter Restaurant with its fresh and new British menu.
Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel and please contact me next time you are coming to stay with us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Just returned from a 3 night break staying at the Mercer street hotel and I most say that this is the area you should stay in for Central London and the west end, great shops, coffee shops and bars and only about 250 yards to Convent Garden tube station. The hotel has a decent bar(Scoff & Banter), and we had 3 excellent nights sleep(not sure if that was the drink). Although the bedroom was a good size, I have to say that of all the hotels I have stayed in, this hotel had the smallest bathroom you could imagine(no more than 6ft. x 4ft), I had great difficulty turning round without banging into something! Found the front desk staff a little cold, no good morning, the bar staff good and the the hotel and the rooms spotless! Tip for anybody staying in this hotel or in the area, have the porridge from M&S and then take lunch at one of the excellent restaurants in Covent Garden.

Dear Chinaboy7,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel.

The location is indeed one of the best: really vibrant, walking distance from theatres, restaurants, main London attractions and transportation links.
It is quite disappointing that you find our front desk staff little cold, I can assure you that these are not the usual standards, please accept my sincerest apologies.

I hope that you will stay again with us in the near future and I would love if you could contact me next time you stay with us so I could personally make sure that any of your request, such as a bigger bathroom, can be satisfy.
We always try to personalise our services and to accommodate any guest requests.

email:maidab@radisson.com