“Great Location & well looked after”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #102 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Cumbria
“Great Location & well looked after”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 2 nights on a Thursday & Friday. The hotel staff were very helpful on arrival and we were given a deluxe room. This was well appointed, lovely bed, great TV, super décor, with a very clean bathroom tastefully done out. One thing we didn't do was eat in the hotel as we were quoted £23 for breakfast which is overpriced to say the least. On Monmouth Street there are 2 coffee shops one that serves Pastries the other breakfasts which were fantastic at a quarter of the price. Our room was made up and cleaned after our first night which was great clean towels etc. The location was fantastic 5 mins from Covent Garden Tube station and all of the shops. Tip Leicester Square tube is the same distance away and a bit easier to access in my opinion. We found the room quiet if the Window was shut but it was a bit noisy due to the adjacent pub if the window was left open. Simply put the next time we go to London we will be staying here again. The bar was very busy of an evening at typical London Prices.

Room Tip: We booked in advance an via 'Trivago' and ended in a deluxe room at a standard rate and much...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear HolidaytomCumbria,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us.
I am delighted to learn that you had a great stay and that the staff were helpful and took good care of you.
It is a pleasure to read that you loved the decor of the room and that you enjoyed the facilities.
The location is definitely fantastic: Covent Garden area is not only really central and well connected, but also a really dynamic and vibrant place.
As we are located in central London, the area might get a bit noisy, but, thanks to our double glazed windows, the room is really quiet, as you correctly said.

It is wonderful to know that you are going to stay with us again.
Please contact me directly for any future booking, I will be happy to personally take care of it.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Stayed for one night in a standard double room. Room was clean, nicely decorated and furnished but a bit compact to say the least which is becoming more common for London. The staff were very friendly and it offered everything you'd expect from a hotel of this type. Location was the best thing. Very close to Covent Garden and Soho.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Mayfair999,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience with us.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and that you liked the decor of our room.
On this note I would like to say that whilst we do have some smaller rooms, we have as well spacious business class rooms which make doing business a pleasure. Cutting-edge technology is in every room, and interiors bring together a blend of contemporary, classic style and comfort.

It is always a pleasure to learn how friendly our staff were and I will share the good feedback with them which is always a good motivator.
The location is without doubts really convenient, close to pubs, restaurants, shops and the lovely Covent Garden market.

May I take this opportunity to suggest you our new Scoff & Banter Restaurant, a completely new menu which offers exciting British Classic dishes.

I look forward to welcoming you back.
Please contact me directly for any future reservations and I will personally oversee a smooth running of your reservation and time with us.

Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Edwardian Blu in Mercer Street as a result of one of the secret hotel offers when needing a night in central London for a business trip.
I hadn't stayed here before but was very impressed when I arrived. Super friendly staff and was upgraded to a better room free of charge for a reason I can't explain.
My room wasn't huge but it was very smart, clean and had a very nice bathroom. All very modern. As I only needed the hotel for somewhere to sleep I didn't make use of any of the hotel's facilities or bar/restaurant but did look in and it was packed so I guess it must be ok!
The hotel is brilliantly located right on seven dials in the heart of Covent Garden, so if you're in London for the theatre it's a great location to stay. This is probably the best hotel I've stayed in in London and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Brian K,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and it is really rewarding to read how impressed you were with our friendly team.
I am really pleased that you found the bedroom to be smart and comfortable, it is always a pleasure to upgrade our guests when we have the opportunity.
The location is indeed brilliant, a step away from theatres, restaurants and London main attractions.

I hope next time you will have the time to try our new Restaurant Scoff & Banter and one of our amazing cocktails from the Bar.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact me for any future booking and I will personally make sure that you will have another enjoyable stay.

Thatcham, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Our room was everything we had hoped for. Excellent facilities, comfortable bed and not to small by London standards. We found the staff friendly which is not always the case when you are a young couple. Well located for theatres and restaurants

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear Porcha T,

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to supply a review of your stay with us.

It is always a delight for me to share such positive comments with the team & I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I am glad that you were kind enough to report that the staff were friendly & courteous as this is something we take immense pride in.

My hope is that you will choose to stay with us again & I would be very happy to handle your next booking personally so please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 13, 2013

given a champagne afternoon tea as a gift for my birthday. Pleasant surroundings, although chairs too low for the table! lovely food, typical afternoon tea selection, but awful service.
Had to keep returning to the bar to request drinks as waitresses ignored us.
The manager was happy to be filmed making cocktails and chatting to "pretend" customers but had no idea that customers were not being attended to.
We bought a bottle of champagne which they had the cheek to stick a 12.5% service charge for- refused to pay for this!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lindsey G
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Dear Lindsey G,

Thank you for your review of your recent visit to the hotel for afternoon tea.

Naturally I was disappointed to read that our service delivery was not at an acceptable level for you & I have passed your comments to the Food & Beverage Manager who offers his sincere apologies.

I do hope that you will return to us so that we have the opportunity to put things right & I would be delighted to assist with your booking should you wish to do so.

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here to visit theatre land. We have originally booked at the Radisson Leicester Square but took a room upgrade at Mercer street so they could cater for a group booking. Had a friendly greeting from the reception staff, one of which was originally from the West Midlands so he soon picked up on our accents.

Our room was 117 which was the first floor suite - if you go there, get this room and watch out for the Cobra ! The bed in this suite has a cobra headboard and is something very different. the room was equipped with two showers a lovely bath in a large bathroom, a front room/living area and a changing room with a wonderful union flag Smeg fridge. Bar and breakfast excellent.

All very good, the only small and almost irrelevant issue was there was no bottle opener in the room and every time we needed a beer opening someone had to come and open it (they wouldn't leave me the bottle opener - it must have been the only one in the hotel !!).

Verdict: stay at this hotel, it is warm, friendly, has nice staff and is located very well indeed for Covent Garden, Leicester Square, Chinatown, the theatres and the tube stations

Radisson Hotels - me and my wife love them !

Room Tip: Have a suite
1 Thank abe030
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Abe030,

Thank you for providing such a lovely review. I am so pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Among all of your positive comments I was delighted to see that one of our staff realised that you were from the same region of the UK.

Room 117 is one of my favourite rooms so naturally I was delighted to see that you enjoyed all of the facilities including our Union Jack fridge!

I appreciate your comment regarding the bottle opener & I have now ensured that all rooms have one available for guests to use.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I was invited for afternoon tea on Saturday 5 October 2013 to celebrate my granddaughters 11th birthday and thoroughly enjoyed the way the staff welcomed us in the restaurant and really made a fuss of us.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Marylyn V
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Dear Marylyn V,

I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your recent visit for afternoon tea.

The team take immense pride in delivering the finest service & it is very rewarding to read such positive reviews.

I do hope that you plan to return for another afternoon tea & I look forward to welcoming you back.