“Pricey but you get what you pay for .”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #120 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Gravesend, United Kingdom
“Pricey but you get what you pay for .”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Had an incredible stay- and memorable experience - on arrival upgraded to a suite as felt first room (delux double) although beautifully decorated was a bit dark and it was our anniversary weekend away so treated ourself . ALL the Staff so courteous - and bent over backwards to help - room was so comfortable - pillows and bed wonderful - coffee maker - comp water - good facilities generally in the room (conditioner not just shampoo) got given £15.00 per night complimentary drinks which we enjoyed in the scoff n banter bar - thankyou raddison for such a memorable experience xx

• Stayed September 2013
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear KentHappytraveller,

I was delighted to read your kind comments following your stay with us & I am so glad to see you enjoyed your anniversary!

It is always a pleasure for us to upgrade our guests whenever we have the opportunity & it is lovely to see that we managed to do this for you on a special weekend.

I have shared your review with the team who find it so rewarding to see that their humble efforts are appreciated.

Thank you again for your kind words & I will be only too happy to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Another stay in this comfortable and friendly hotel, on business this time. The location is great, along a street ful of small shops, a bakery, a pub. Not the usual big names, which gives the area its own atmosphere. Seven Dials square makes it perfect. The hotel has everything you need, is very clean and staff are friendly. As in almost every other London hotel now, the staff are from all over the world, but not the UK. I have found in other hotels that language is a problem and can make communication rather unfriendly, with people shouting that they need your passport immediately. Not so in this hotel. Great people, allways willing to help out. I like the place and will be back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JosvanderMeche
Dear JosvanderMeche,

Thank you very much for your delightful review of your recent stay with us at Mercer Street.

As you mentioned the location is perfect for sightseeing and also business in London & I am pleased to see that you found the hotel to your satisfaction.

It is true that many London hotels employ staff from across the globe & naturally we are keen to ensure that our team is dedicated to delivering the finest service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel & it would be wonderful to handle your next booking personally.

Kind regards,

darlington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

On arrival staff make you feel so welcome ~ very nicely furnished ~ ideally situated for Covent Garden and Theatre. After looking around London for a day it is so pleasant to return to this Hotel ~ where nothing is too much trouble. The atmosphere is fantastic. Thankyou.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Dear Pudicat,

Thank you very much for this kind review.

It is always a pleasure for both the team & myself to read such positive and constructive comments regarding our hotel & service.

We would be delighted to welcome you back to stay with us & I look forward to meeting you.

Lymm, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed a weekend here for a theatre visit. Nice modern rooms.
Staff were friendly, and efficient, except the night barman, who on both evenings was quite ignorant, and served me only when he had done all the other things he wanted to do...and then I had to go to the bar to order.. and when he had poured them, asked me to take a seat so he could bring them to me !!
Apart from that, I would recommend the hotel, it is really nice hotel, in a perfect location...almost all the sights, restaurants, theatres and some nice pubs, are within walking distance.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shuttie,

I am very grateful to you for taking the time to provide a review of your stay with us.

At Radisson Blu Edwardian we pride ourselves on delivering exemplary service so naturally I was rather disappointed to read that one member of the team failed to live up to the expected standards.

Despite this I do hope that you will consider returning to the hotel so that we will have the opportunity to put things right.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013 via mobile

It's a chain hotel trying to be boutique and failing miserably. For the room rates it is asking, it should be special - instead it's aggravating in its ordinariness. It simply doesn't come together and you will be disappointed.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Solipsist2013
Dear Solipsist2013,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us at Mercer Street.

Guests opinions are highly valued at Radisson Blu Edwardian and naturally I am disappointed to see that your stay did not live up to our usual high standards.

We are very proud of our hotel but I appreciate that you did not enjoy your time with us as you should have & I would be grateful if you would be kind enough to contact me directly to elaborate on the points you have mentioned.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Salisbury UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This is a very nice hotel in a great location at Seven Dials, very convenient for Covent Garden and most theatres. The room we had was excellent. Very helpful and friendly reception and bar staff and a great breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mike & Julia,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our wonderful hotel.

I am delighted to read your positive comments & I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Hong Kong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

I stayed at the Radisson Blu Mercer Street for 2 nights at the end of July. I chose a King Deluxe Room. Check in was very quick and staff very helpful. They gave me a room on the 6th floor. The room was quite spacious which was a nice surprise for London hotels. Given I was on higher floors, I had a nice view over looking Covent Garden and the room was lovely and bright. There is free wifi. I was given a coupon to use at the bar too! Location was amazing as I could walk everywhere. AC worked fine even though the weather was quite hot. All in all, it was a great stay and I would definitely go back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Dear StefW,

Thank you so much for providing such a lovely review of your stay with us here at Mercer Street.

It is a pure delight to read such nice comments about the team & the hotel in general & I have passed this feedback on to my colleagues.

At Radisson Blu Edwardian we strive to deliver the finest service at all times & I am always so pleased to see that our guests are happy with their stay.

I do hope that you intend to return to us in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you personally to the hotel.