“Cool, relaxed and great atmosphere that makes you happy to be staying here!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #88 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 31, 2013

Booked as a surprise for my wife's 30th. Really great experience from the moment we arrived. Turned up hot, bothered and in a rush for the theatre and was checked in quickly and shown to the room in time for a quick freshen up. On returning to reception was handed a second key, a glass of water and a map with directions to the theatre. Stayed in a lovely Junior Suite which highlights the cool touches this hotel has to offer with the Union Flag SMEG fridge. I'd say that service and style run through this hotel and that created a nice relaxing, happy to be here atmosphere. A great breakfast laid out with cool individual little milk bottles and once again the staff are helpful and smiley.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly we hope your Wife had a fantastic Birthday with us here at The Mercer Street hotel! May we also take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, the team here are just as great to work with as they are to our guests – thank you for taking the time to recognize them.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,083)

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Never tried a Radisson so thought i would! And i was having my haircut across the road so very handy! :)
Reception staff were lovely, very pleasant! And also gave me a tour of the hotel. Room was a double standard. Gifts in room were standard nothing special, but room service were excellent at keeping me stocked up with milk and ice... 10/10 for them!!
Two negatives were faulty wire on side mirror light in bathroom, and bathroom was really small, otherwise pleasant stay and if i had the money, i would stay again!
I earned Virgin miles too!! :)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Firstly HAPPY BIRTHDAY from all of us here at The Mercer Street hotel!

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street. Rest assured I will pass on your kind comments to the rest of the team.

My apologies that you felt your gift in the room was standard, I will look into this to see if there is something we can do which can make our guests feel extra special in the future.

However I am happy that you enjoyed our location and the perks of our combined loyalty schemes with air miles programs.

I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights as it was close the the Palace Theatre. The location could not have been better, the rooms were lovely and clean and the service was fantastic. Would highly recommend!

One small gripe is the bed was only a double :)

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying with us here at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 27, 2013

On arrival the reception was very small and I found it hard to understand the receptionist. Her pronunciation of English was poor. The twin room was on the small side albeit the bathroom with its walk in shower was a nice touch.The beds were very comfortable. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. A smile from the waitresses would have been nice. Non cooked items was a small area with only two selections of cereals, with other liquid items open to the elements.Cooked breakfast for both mornings of our stay were wrong and this area needs sharpening up. The hotel location couldn't be better for all the shows and shopping and all other London activities. The hotel just lacked something, it had no feel or charm, no warmth that some other hotels had.

Room Tip: Room 316 is on the third floor. With the windows open you can see and hear the hustle etc from the C...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing you feedback with us and for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel.

I must say, it is disappointing to read that we have had a guest leave the hotel feeling we could have done better, please accept my sincerest apologies that we failed to give you a memorable experience, this is far from our usual standard of service. Your feedback has been discussed with our Head Chef who will make sure he and his team avoid such complaints in the future.

On this note, I do hope you consider returning to the Mercer Street hotel, as I can assure you that upon your return we will make sure you have an incredible experience with us. For future reservation do not hesitate to contact me directly so that I can over see every aspect of your reservation.

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Stayed here tons of times now, always satisfied in terms of value, location, room, service. Indeed always look forward to this element of the trip as this is a great place overall. The Seven Dials roundabout location is almost Parisian in style, very pleasant and European. Reception staff here are efficient and friendly but it overly pally, similar to all central London Radissons, which is indeed good in our books. The rooms are still new of course as this was only opened last year, so are fresh, modern, sleek, comfy, classy in many ways. Bathrooms also well appointed. Good sound insulation by the way, not always a given in London.
This time there was one mishap, namely a shower head entirely missing but only noticed when A shower was actually needed and then was already in a rush. Berated the front desk staff who apologised and explained that the shower heads were being replaced that day in all rooms, mine had maybe been overlooked so far (my assumption, not theirs!). They offered a complimentary breakfast as compensation as I was so angry, and I accepted. On check out, the breakfast had of course been charged to the room though so had to explain it all over again.
Still, will come back as this was one blip among many very good experiences here.

Room Tip: Never had a bad room as such here!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LeenaSK
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights for my 30th birthday ... From arrival to check out the staff where all pleasant !!
The hotel room was beautiful decorated lovely.. Very boutique styled hotel!
Great destination round the corner from covent garden tube.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY on behalf of the Mercer Street Team! We hope you had a fantastic day and we are delighted that you had such a great stay with us.

Thank you for your lovely feedback. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 years in a row when I went to London for business trips. Overall good location and value.
Pros:
- Hotel is modern and clean
- Front desk staff is helpful and nice
- If you go to the hotel bar and and ask for bottled water (im glass bottles) they will give it to you for free
- about 10 minute walk to covent garden which is super convenient, the area near the hotel (seven dials) is also very nice with lots of boutiques and restaurant (recommend Monmouth coffee and there was also an Italian restaurant on the street but I forgot the name, reasonable price and yummy food!)
- also not a super long walk (20 minutes or so?) if you want to go to other main areas like Oxford circus
- ordered room service a few times and the food was really good
Cons:
- a bit pricey
- the hotel room is very small, I stayed there alone and have only one suitcase but still feel
A little claustrophobic. Would recommend a bigger room if you have more than one person.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Mercer Street hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is great to read that you choose our hotel when your travel to London for business. The Mercer Team will also be delighted that you found them helpful and friendly – they really are a great bunch to work with. I have to agree, the location of the hotel is simply fantastic, obviously for the reasons you mentioned, but also just the positive atmosphere that just surrounds Covent Garden!

My apologies that the rooms allocated to you have not been to your complete satisfaction. However upon your return do not hesitate to contact me directly, as I am confident we can find a room that will be spacious and comfortable.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.