“Fantastic location”

Ranked #107 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Horsham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic location”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Booked this hotel last minute and was not disappointed! Fantastic location right on 7 Dials! Close to all theatres and covent garden. Clean beautifully decorated very comfortable beds! Although we didn't have breakfast we will be booking again!

• Stayed August 2013
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear Jess H,

This is a fabulous review – Thank you for staying with us at Mercer Street hotel, it is very much appreciated!

Next time you are planning a visit, don’t hesitate to contact me so that I can make sure you are well looked after and create even fonder memories of your time at The Mercer Street hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (395)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on several occasions and have found it to be an enjoyable experience every time. The hotel is situated on The Seven Dials near to Convent Garden and gives you a chance to escape the hustle and bustle of city life. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful. We have eaten in the hotel restaurant, the food was good and again the staff very upbeat and helpful especially Steve the restaurant manager.

Room Tip: Upgrade if you need to on arrival, some rooms attract a drinks voucher for the bar which covers the...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

May we thank you for leaving your feedback on Trip Advisor and for staying with us at The Mercer Street hotel!

I am delighted to hear that you enjoy our hotel so much and that you find the Mercer Team exceptionally friendly. Thank you for recognising Steve the Food and Beverage Manager – he is a true ambassador of ‘YES I CAN’ and always leads by example.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Just checked out of the Raddison Blu, Mercer Street. Stayed there as I wanted to be close to the Novello Theater for MaMa Mia, when checking in there was a really fresh smell in the reception area, call me mad but it was extremely distinctive, was actually really nice to smell a fresh hotel reception. When going up to our room itself it was quite spacious.. Everything was immaculately placed. The bath room was quite a squeeze, we stayed on the 2nd floor. Breakfast this morning was really good not sure if it was worth every penny but nevertheless was a pleasure. My only two negatives on this stay was the one house coat had stains on a few places which was quite off putting, and it disappointed me a bit due to the good standards that I had experienced. Secondly the front desk receptionist had her iPhone out and was texting whilst a reception trainee was dealing with my booking, in my opinion this is unacceptable there is a time and place to text and this is not on the front desk where customers are commuting through regularly. Overall good stay, I would recommend.

1 Thank TyroneRFowles
Dear Guest,

May we thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for staying with us at The Mercer Street hotel.

I am delighted you had a good stay and enjoyed the fragrance we have in the Lobby!

With regards to the service issue you experienced upon check in, my I assure you that this is absolutely not a true display of the standard of service we have, nor the amount of respect we show our fellow colleagues and guests. Note we will look into this and make sure we take the necessary corrective steps to ensure this does not reoccur. I am glad that this has not deterred you from staying again in the future.

If I can be of assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Vancouver, Bc
Reviewed August 10, 2013

The hotel is centrally located in a great location in Covent Garden. The room was quite small, but clean and the bathroom was well equipped with all the amenities. However, the room was dark and the windows were bare. As our room faced an office building, we had to close the drapes if we wanted to put the lights on. It would have been nice to have natural daylight so perhaps some sheers or privacy blinds would be nice on the windows. Otherwise, we really enjoyed the hotel and location.

Room Tip: Try a higher floor to have a bit more privacy from buildings across the street.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to share your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

My apologies that on this occasion the room allocated to you was not to your complete satisfaction, however I am pleased that you found the room well equipped and clean!

With regards to the privacy issue, I will discuss this with the Hotel Management so that we can avoid such incidents in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of assistance with future reservations, I can easily be contacted via the hotel reception.

Holmes Chapel, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Good location to get around london! Rooms have almost everything one.of the two rooms we had didnt have conditioner! Only hotel have stayed in where the pictures match the ones on the Internet staff very helpful

• Stayed August 2013
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you, this is a great review. Thank you also for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel.

I have passed on your feedback regarding the missing conditioner to the relevant Head of Department so that they can ensure it doesn’t happen again. However I am delighted it didn’t spoil your experience with us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Warm regards,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 9, 2013

What a great experience! We loved the all inclusive breakfast--divine! The staff was helpful and attentive to our constant questions about getting around--we walked everywhere! The Covent Garden Tube stop is a five minute walk. Trafalgar Square--also a five minute walk. Shops and restaurants are all nearby. The rooms are typical European small rooms, but comfy, neat as a pin, everything you need in the room (ironing board, safe, pot for tea, flat screen tv and free wifi).
Important, one side of the hotel faces a pub so if you want a quiet room ask for the back side of the hotel. Overall an outstanding value for us!!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful review and for staying at The Mercer Street – please come back soon!

I am absolutely thrilled that you had a great experience with us! I will pass on your kind comment to The Mercer Team who will be pleased to know they made a difference to your stay.

Head Chef will be glad to hear that you found his breakfast divine…I must say, it is delicious.

Next time you are visiting London please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance with future reservations.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Booked for 'Freebie Club Carlson Points' stay at the Mercer St Radisson Blu. Top end of Mercer St on the Seven Dials 'roundabout?'. Hotel is a 'New York/Boston....flat iron shape' which adds to its interest actually. Great vibey location, so many theatres, restaurants, bars within 5 minutes walk. Was recognicsed at check in as Carlson regular, given upgrade (thanks). Didn't stay so much in hotel after that. service good, breakfast excellent, would definitley stay again. (Concierge Member)

Room Tip: Saw there was gym but didn't use. 4th floor upwards, you are not overlooked by any neighbouring...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davebedford
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

May we thank you for staying with us at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to hear that we have succeeded in providing a great experience for one of our guests. Seven Dials is an incredible area, with so much to do and such a good atmosphere its not surprising people love our Location.

Please note I have already recognised the team for once again delivering on service and to encourage them to continue to strive for the 100% guest satisfaction.

Don’t hesitate to contact me for assistance with creating future reservations.

Kind regards,