Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #88 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Stayed here for a birthday treat with friends and what an amazing treat it was.
Very modern chic hotel. Our room was bright and comfy.
Fantastic location for our trip to see Jersey Boys.
Loved the area. Didnt eat in the hotel. Far too much choice out and about and with the weather so nice this weekend it was great to take in the pavement cafe culture. Covent Garden being my favourite place this hotel was ideal.
Would definately go back.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nangie1967
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for staying with us at The Mercer Street hotel.

I hope you enjoyed Jersey Boys and had a very Happy Birthday!

Next time you stay you absolutely must dine in our restaurant ‘Scoff & Banter’…the best place to have cocktails or a glass of fizz or two. The ambiance is so relaxing yet fun and the food is delicious; whether you choose to dine inside or soak up the sun outside and people watch.

If I can be of assistance with making reservations please don’t hesitate to let me know via the hotel reception.

Warmest Regards,
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,081)

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Everything about this place is just great! Booking at the last minute, we have been pleasantly surprised, the studio room we had was much more than we have been expecting :)

We have checked in earlier than 3pm, room was ready, check in took a minute, the lady at the reception was really nice and helpful.

Comparing to other 4 and 5 stars hotel in London we have been using, the studio room at Radisson was huge!

The concierge is worth mentioning here, he provides an outstanding service with a smile.

Breakfast - huge variety of food, lots of fresh fruits, the service at breakfast was very efficient and the ladies serving our teas, toasts and hot chocolate have been ever so nice and helpful!

The pleasant surprise - after our check-out we have been informed that they can store our luggage and we can collect it later during the day! What a great idea! That allowed us to do some more stuff without dragging our suitcase with us...

Overall, second to none, we will definitely come back!

Thank you very much for making our stay so wonderful!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ColchesterMummy
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed here about 4 yrs ago and was totally satisfied therefore booked again 19th June for 3 nights. I knew it had been refurbished and had a slight name change but it was still Radisson. The dissapointment when we saw the room was matched by our disbelief that they could charge hundreds of pounds for a 'cupboard'. The room was a 'double' but appeared to have two child sized beds under the eaves. The shower room was modern and of normal size.
Reception said they would upgrade us to a king size room for a reduced fee of £45 extra a night. We agreed as 3 nights in the cupboard was not an option. The king size room was ordinary size but with a tiny,tiny bathroom; I imagine no-one over size 16 could squeeze into the toilet space. Never again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights with the main objective of being close to the Theatre for Jersey boys.We arrived early lunchtime and enquired if we could leave our luggage as too early for check in. The girls on reception were lovely.They told us our room was ready and we could check in-perfect.So we threw our luggage in our room and had a good explore of the area.Convent garden just round the corner, walking distance for the main tourist area's, Buck palace, Westminster, Piccadily etc.
The breakfast is superb , plenty of choice.Staff all friendly and polite.The accommodation is lovely and if I could have nicked the bathroom in my luggage I would have done, it was lush.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mandrew465
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest,

WOW! What a great review, thank you for choosing to stay with us- please visit us again soon!

I’m delighted you got to check in early, when available we are more than happy to do this for our guests. The décor of the rooms is beautiful, even if I do say so myself.

For future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

A traveler be aware:
- a room with two twin beds is 10'x9.5' - I was so shocked by such a tiny room that I went through the trouble of measuring it;
- there is no one singe shelf in that room, so you can't unpack your suitcase; there is a closet with hangers, but there are no shelves in that tiny closet and there is no dresser in any of the hotel rooms;
- you have to lay down on the floor of that room to use the safe (I am not kidding!); the safe is on the bottom of the closet (as there is no room for it anywhere else)
- the entrance to that room is so incredibly narrow that in order to open the door of the room from the inside you have to take the room card out of it's place (for those who have not been in European hotels -- you have to have your room card inserted in the special place in the wall at all the times while you're in the room in order to have the electricity of the room on); it causes no problem if both of you leave the room at the same time; but if one of you is resting (and want the lights and/or the air-conditioner on) and the other one wants to leave the room, then the one who stays has to get up, let the other one out, and then to re-insert that card.

Room Tip: The king size rooms of the hotel still have no dresser, but there are 2 shelves in the closet, you c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alloverNewYork

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at The Mercer Street hotel and for sharing your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

My sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your experience with us. This is truly disappointing as we never like to have a guest unsatisfied with their stay.
Please note I have discussed your feedback with the hotel management team so that we can avoid such incidents in the future. With regards to the room size, the rooms do vary in size and layout due to this historic nature of the building, however with this in mind, I am confident we can find a room that meets all your preferences. I hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the hotel so that we can reinstate your faith in the organisation.

If I can be of assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have stayed here multiple times and cannot recommend it highly enough. It's location is perfect. The hotel has a wonderful mixture of the big chain feel whilst still keeping its unique feeling. It has a perfect little gym and a nice friendly staff team.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

What a great review! I am delighted that you enjoy our hotel so much.

This is exactly what we are striving for – The Mercer Street does have a special atmosphere, its not surprising considering the amazing location we have. In the mist of Covent Garden, surrounded by the wonderful shops, bars and restaurants!

If I can be of assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We unfortunately were only able to stay here for one night as we would have loved to stay much longer.

The rooms were on the small side, but really well appointed and very clean and comfortable.

The service was excellent wherever we went - in the restaurant for breakfast and afternoon tea, the bar, and the reception area.

The food was really good. There was something for everyone at breakfast with a very good buffet as well as a la carte for hot food. The afternoon tea was big with a really good selection of cakes and teas.

The location is wonderful, with all the key attractions of Covent Garden on your doorstep, but still amazingly quiet. We thoroughly enjoyed wandering around the area on the Sunday morning.

I would definitely go back again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor.

It is a pleasure to read that we have made a guests stay WONDERFUL. Please note, that I have passed on your comments to the rest of the Mercer Team so that they know there efforts have been recognised.

Please do not hesitate to contact me for future reservations via the hotel reception.

Kindest regards,