“Smart hotel in great location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #124 of 1,087 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“Smart hotel in great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Small rooms but very nicely decorated and well equipped. Excellent location in Covent Garden, surrounded by shops and restaurants and walking distance from many theatres. Staff were polite and helpful and breakfast was varied and of a good quality. Excellent choice for a short stay in London.

Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us at The Mercer Street hotel and for sharing your experience with us on Trip Advisor.

It is incredible to hear that you had such a great stay with us and that you found the staff amazing! Rest assured that the team will be recognised for making you stays so special.
Next time you are staying with us do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Port Moody, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have stayed in London several times, but this hotel is by far our favorite and we will return. There is really no reason to stay anywhere else. The location is perfect, the staff are amazing and the hotel is clean and modern. The room was a decent size, considering most European hotel rooms are quite small. We chose to book the room with our breakfast included. The breakfast selection was very good and it makes things so much more convenient to pop down for breakfast before going out for the day. This area is so perfect for walking around and felt very safe day and night. The tube station is only a couple of blocks away, which was very handy for our trip to Windsor Castle.

Room Tip: We upgraded to a "business class" room, which was bigger than the standard room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Susan C
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us and for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel.

It is delightful to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. I have to agree that the our location is indeed perfect and without a doubt the Mercer team never fail to deliver a excellent standard of service.

I do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you to the hotel in the near future. If I can be of assistance with making reservations do not hesitate to let me know.

Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We recently returned from our trip which included a few days at the Radisson Blu Mercer Street. At the end of our stay we had a very early morning flight, and in our rush to check out of the hotel, we managed to forget our passports in the room safe. We didn't realize this until we got to Heathrow! I called the hotel right away, and the manager (name Sofian?) was amazingly helpful and understood the seriousness of our dilemma. He immediately retrieved our passports, and arranged for a driver to bring them to us just in the nick of time to still make our flight, while keeping in phone contact with us to make sure they arrived. Customer service like this is invaluable and we were SO grateful for the professional and expedient assistance.

Yes, the rooms are a little small, but not bad for European standards. They were very clean and comfortable. The staff were all helpful with any questions we asked of them regarding transportation, restaurant recommendations and directions, to the point of walking out and hailing us a cab at one point. The location is a wonderful area of London for just walking around in the evening. It was about a 10 minute walk to Charing Cross station, where we did most of our tour commuting from. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Renech
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel and for taking the time to share such a positive review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted that you had such a graet stay with us!

If I can be of any assistance with making future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel reception.

Lincoln, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

Stayed here twice and would not hestiate to return when visitng London. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. On my first visit the room was not ready when arriving so was offered a complimentary drink in the bar which was subsequently put on my bill! Just a little thing but still annoying when you have to spend time arguing over the price of a couple of glasses of wine. Nevertheless, I returned to this lovely hotel and would not hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback with us on Trip Advisor and for choosing to stay at The Mercer Street hotel!

I am absolutely delighted to read that you would be happy to return once again, when you are planning your next trip to London do not hesitate to contact me directly via the hotel.

My apologies about the incident with the drink, however I am glad that you would still recommend us.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you to the hotel in the near future.

Warmest Regards,
Reading, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Me and my partner stayed at Mercer Street last week just for the one night. We got to the hotel, which looked lovely, the receptionist was very helpful and kind. Which was a good start, but it went downhill from there.

We got to the room, which was tiny. Me and my partner kept walking into the bed because the room was that small.

We then went to dinner at the hotels restaurant. The food was good, but the service was appalling. We waited about 30 minutes for someone to come over and ask us if we wanted any drinks. The waitress was too busy ranting about one of the other workers she wasn't paying attention to anyone in the restaurant ( which wasn't very busy so it's not like it's hard ! ) Overall me and my partner were sat at dinner for over 2 and a half hours because of how poor and long the service was.

I honestly would not come here again, and wouldn't suggest anyone to come here either.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank tashakate1
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My company put me up here recently and paid £240, the room was barely wide enough for the bed, there wasn't a bath only a shower. I was told on check-in that breakfast was included only to find out in the morning that it was not. I doubt I would have got reimbursed the £25 cost of the breakfast so went off to M&S in Covent Garden.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Manager-Mercer, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Please accept my sincerest apologies that you did not have an enjoyable with us and that the room allocated to you on this occasion was not to your complete satisfaction.

It is truly disappointing when a guest does not have the experience we strive to provide. I am aware we have contacted you via private message so that we can investigate further and hopefully make up for any inconvenience on future stays.

We genuinely care about our guests and always do our level best to take on board any guest feedback we receive as it is vital to the success of the hotel.

Warmest Regards,
Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first stay at this hotel but will not be our last. Great hotel in a great location. Rooms are very nice and quite a reasonable size for London. Staff were very friendly and very helpful. Close to underground stops. Many shops and restaurants very close by. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear David J,

Thank you so much for you kind review of The Mercer Street hotel!

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me directly via the reception.

Kindest regards,