“Not too big, great for a lovers trip!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #114 of 1,063 Hotels in London
The Netherlands
“Not too big, great for a lovers trip!”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Located on a nice little square in the area of Covent Garden and Leicester Square you can find this hotel. The hotel is not too big, which is a nice advantage. The building is typical Edwardian style but the interior is highly modern.

After a nice and swift check in you arrive in your room, which was in my case small....very small! I do believe this room is for solo use only. But this is London, not the city known for the large rooms. The room itself is tastefully decorated, yet small. The bathroom is smallest of all. At first you come in the bathroom and seems ok, until you realise there is an enormous glass wall. The soap is great, nice mint smell! Another nice detail in the room is the TV set, a nice modern LED TV with a mac Mini.

Breakfast is served in a rather small restaurant, with a sign at the entry that it can get extremely busy. The "continental" Breakfast items can be found at a rather small buffet. English Breakfast can be ordered apart. Not the best the part of this hotel!

Conclusion: a great hotel, especially for a romantic trip! Location is great, with a nice pub right across the street. But, breakfast experience could use some improvement! But still a place to get back to!

Room Tip: When traveling alone, expect a small room. If you prefer a bigger room, purchase an upgrade.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for stayin with us here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel during your last visit to London.

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay. The hotel has recently been refurbished and it's facilities are impeccable. We do have a wide range of rooms ranging for Double rooms for single occupancy to Deluxe rooms and Suites. Please let me know the next time you are going to stay with us so I can ensure you are staying in a larger room.

As you mentioned the location is perfect and our team prides itself with a highly personalised service.

Thank you very much for your feedback and I look forward to welcome you back soon again at The Mercer Street Hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Dusseldorf, Germany
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very nice hotel with friendly and helpfull staff! Very nice location, very nice and clean rooms! Comfortable beds! Very nice breakfast! I stayed several times in different hotels in London, but this one is the best, what I had untill today. The location is very convenient for walking around. A lot of typical pubs and bars around the hotel you can use and relax after a stressy business-day. I will visit this hotel more often.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Businessman2209
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

thank you for staying in the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel during your last visit to London.

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out the location is indeed perfect as we are close to the the shopping areas as well as in the heart of the theatre land. It is great to see that you have enjoyed the Gym as well as the other facilities in our newly refurbished hotel.

Croxley Green, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Stayed here during London Mens collection week, in a superb location this hotel offers a real boutique feel in central London. Well appointed this is really well interior designed. The bedrooms are quiet and comfortable, mine faced the main streeet with plenty going on but good double glazing stops you hearing this. There is a small fitness room which I used and was fine but probably not for the uber fitness type. There are a couple of nice pubs across and round the corner and plenty of boutique shops nearby. Staff here were friendly enough but seemed distracted, I think maybe by dealing with too many customers daily.
Ate at the restaraunt which was excellent but a bit pricey especially the wine.
Good atmosphere in the bar in the evening with many rop in customers
In summary really snazzy jazzy nice hotel with an absolutely cracking location. Would definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MikeB998
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for staying with us here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel.

It is great to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you rightly pointed out the location is unbeatable as we are in the middle of the theatre district but also are in a walking distance to SoHo/ Leicester Square or the main Highstreets.

Thank you very much for your feedback and we hope to be able to welcome you back soon again at The Mercer Street Hotel.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Very central location and warm welcome from reception, fantastic room with lots of space plus a large bathroom with bath and shower, all impeccably clean.

Great toiletries, aromatherapy-style and dispensers for the bath, shower and basin, heated towel rail for lovely warm towels.

Breakfast was very disappointing (though not busy) - over half-an-hour to wait for a coffee, 45 minutes for the hot food leaving me three minutes to eat. Everything else was great.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Singly
Manager-Mercer, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out the location is indeed perfect as we are close to the the shopping areas as well as in the heart of the theatre land. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast with us. Please let me know the next time you are staying with us so I can make sure you are looked after especially at breakfast.

Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 12, 2013

I live in the country outside London but regularly visit for social and cultural weekends, and the Radisson Mercer Street is my regular hotel. The location in Seven Dials is amazingly central and convenient for shops, theatres, bars, etc, and for the location it is very reasonably priced. The staff are always helpful and friendly, and the rooms are modern and stylishly decorated. The hotel bar isn't my favourite in the area and I tend to pop out for breakfast if I don't fancy the full works, but the fact I stay there whenever I am in London says a lot.

Room Tip: Higher floors at the front have good views across the rooftops of London without being noisy
3 Thank IPC74
Dear Guest,

I am glad to see that you have enjoyed your stay with us. As you pointed out the location is indeed perfect as we are close to the the shopping areas as well as in the heart of the theatre land. I am sorry to hear that you are not enjoying our bar however we are changing our concept in March so maybe give it a try when you stay with us next time.

Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed February 12, 2013

One of the best hotels I've experienced in Europe, especially in this relatively moderate price range. From entrance to the room, the hotel gives a true boutique vibe, with a combination of quality design, attentive professional service, and unparalleled location.
The service at reception was quick and efficient, with the receptionist (Tracy(?)) giving us a warm welcome and escorting us to the elevators.
The room (superior) was very big and had all usual amenties, but excelled in its modern design, cleaniness, and comfort. The wide screen Samsung/apple TV was a nice touch and the complimentary wifi reliable and fast. The bed was great and the room, although forward facing, was quiet and allowed a good night's sleep. Breakfast was good (maybe the only point to improve - could use more fresh produce). The location is the best in London - a stone throw away from Leicester Square and Soho, but in the quiet part of Covent Garden, in the village-like Seven Dials area.
Highly recommended for both leisure and business stays.

2 Thank TLV72
Dear Guest,

thank you for taking your time to provide feedback on your recent stay here at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us and found the hotel and all its facilities impeccable. As you mentioned the hotel has been recently refurbished over a period of six months. Certainly the style, service and location are only a few of the great advantages of our hotel. I have also passed your feedback on to my new Guest Relations Manager Stacey as this kind of feedback always is a great motivation.

If you have some time on your next stay please be our guest in our Restaurant Dial which serves contemporary british food and has a great atmospehere.

I do hope to have the chance of welcoming you back soon again.

Sliema, Malta
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for the weekend for my wife's birthday we had an excellent time. The room was great, the location cannot be better and the staff were immensely helpful especially since my luggage came a day late. Definitely will come again.

1 Thank Chris M
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you have enjoyed your stay with us. My concierge has been made aware of your feedback and it is great to see they could help you with your luggage as our staff is trying to go the extra mile at all times.

We hope to see you soon again back at The Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.