“Great Place to Stay in London”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #92 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a really nice hotel in a great location for exploring and enjoying London.
Situated in Covent Garden, it is very close to Theatres, restaurants and bars and within easy walking distance of many of the main sites of interest.
The rooms are nicely furnished and very clean, and the staff are friendly and efficient.
It is quite expensive, but for a 'special' weekend it is an ideal place to stay.
The only negative comment I have is the dining area where we were served breakfast. It looks quite downmarket, like it belongs in a low quality three star hotel and not a very expensive four star hotel...with tasteless decor and very close together tables...
(and the breakfast is not cheap at £23 per person for a fairly standard breakfast that you would get elsewhere for about half the price).
They also had a very slapdash waitress who cleared the crumbs from an adjoining table by sweeping them all over the seats, where somebody else would be sitting......
But generally a very nice hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us,

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel. However we are very disappointed with regards to your rating of our restaurant.

The inspiration behind our design is quintessential 'Covent garden'. The floral theme throughout the restaurant is essential to our 4 star deluxe boutique feel. To my understanding of your comments this was not of your inclination.
With regards to the breakfast, i am sorry to hear that you found us too expensive however our prices reflect the quality of our product and also the competitive prices of our competitors in London.
Please be rest assured that I will convey your feedback to our restaurant team in our daily forum so that further coaching is put in place to improve our guest feel while experiencing the breakfast service.

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,027)

Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've reviewed this hotel previously - I stayed here in September 2011, for quite a long stay, and thought it was excellent. I've just stayed there again, sadly for only one night - and it's still great. The refurbishment is holding up well, and everything still looks sparkling and new. Carpets are springy, linen is lovely. I stayed in a Deluxe King, and was on the 5th floor, with a nice view of London's rooftops and the London Eye in the distance. Things I love about this hotel: when I arrived, I was greeted by name, with a 'welcome back'. There was a plate of strawberries and chocolates in my room waiting for me, with a card wishing me a pleasant stay. The food is excellent quality. The room service staff - the same ones as last year, so clearly the hotel is able to retain its staff, which is good - are so polite and helpful. Staff and service are generally excellent: when I arrived I discovered that I had forgotten to pack an adapter plug, and i phoned the concierge to ask if they knew a nearby shop that I could buy one. Within 10 minutes a staff member was at my door, bearing with him an adapter plug. So impressive. On my last visit, the fitness centre was closed for reonvation; it's now been re-opened, and is excellent. If you are staying for business, the hotel provides wifi free of charge, which for me is a big plus. The room rates are certainly on the high side, but it's London, and you get a lot of amenities for the price (plus reasonably sized rooms). The location is unbeatable, only 2 minutes walk from Covent Garden. I'll certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

'Wow'. Thank you. We feel very humbled to receive such great comments.You are one of the main reason why we believe that our Radisson Blu Edwardian core values are so important.

As you mentioned above the caring nature of our staff in ensuring that you are recognised and looked after on your second return is second to none. This just shows the commitment and passion for hospitality and our place in it. 'Treat others as you wish to be treated' and here at the Mercer street we treat everyone as 'VIPS'.

As a regular and valued guest of our Radisson Blu Edwardian Hotels it will always be a great pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

A lovely hotel which is in the ideal location for Covent Garden and its surrounds. Room size was very pleasing and the decor was stylish and very comfortable. There was no noise at all. The staff could not do enough to help you and on our day of departure they stored our luggage all day so that we were not having to take it with us, and we collected it in the evening on our way to the station. It was only a few minutes walk to theatres and there are plenty of restaurants and coffee shops very close to the hotel. We felt very safe in the area and it was easy to get around. The hotel will provide you with maps and give you directions. We did not have breakfast in the hotel but the menu was varied and room service was available. Plenty of choice of drinks in the bar at reasonable prices. It was a lovely way to relax after the theatre. We will definitely stay here again. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank angleseypat

Dear guest,

Thank you for such lovely feedback with regards to your stay ,

We are delighted to hear that you would highly recommend us to other fellow reviewers,

As you said the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street is located in quintessential 'Covent Garden'. The most sought after location for business and leisure travellers.The rooms are designed to give the utmost comfort while allowing you to learn and become a technology 'savvy'.

We pride ourselves for being there for you in every occasion. From the time you check in until you leave us. And while you staying with us you get to experience the amazing 'lifestyle' at the Mercer Street hotel which stays with you as a 'memoir' until your next visit to us as you gladly referred here on trip advisor.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us, and we look forward to welcome you back to London in the near future.

Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Beautifull hotel 4 star deluxe in the most amazing location by covent garden London. Its location is un paralleled right across the street from the Cambridge Theatre and about a 2 blocks from the covent garden market. Walking is perfect in this area...charming, full of life, shopping, restaurants..just amazing. Lovely Anabelle showed us the facilities. modern rooms, clean and spacious...with the most confortable bed, Apple TV, Free WiFI. lovely Gym and a superb restaurant (Dial Restaurant) with excellent food and generous portions. This hotel earned the 5 stars and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to be in the middle of the action close to the best turist attraction without having to pay the 5 Star Hotel rate. 2 minor issues, because I like to be precise in my reviews...I had a hard time turing the TV on, and could not do so the first night..i had to stand right by the TV for the remote to turn it on. The scent that the hotel Chain uses is lovely, but until you get used to it, it can make you sneeze...the scent is used via air conditioning and its in all public areas of the hotel...once I got used to it...i stopped sneezing.
These issues in now way detract from the quality offered in this hotel.

Room Tip: the Deluxe king is amazing...great size and super confortable.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street,

I am delighted to hear such great comments. Surely it won't go unnoticed to our fellow reviewers, as you gladly shared our amazing ''lifestyle'' experience at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel.

Be rest assured that I will convey your delightful feedback to Annabelle and the rest of the team in our daily forum.

Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we all look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed May 27, 2012

Located superbly in the Seven Dials area of Covent Garden we found the hotel excellent. Room was tight but with lovely furnishings. Service very good, but best part is location. Excellent cafes and shops around.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager-Mercer, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us,

We are glad to hear that you have discovered an 'oasis' in the middle of quintessential 'Covent Garden'.All our rooms are very well designed in order to provide every guest with a wonderful stay.

We love to share our service and location as they are all part of our 'lifestyle' experience at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street.

Regards,

Reviewed May 27, 2012 via mobile

I had never stayed in a Radisson Hotel before loved the hotel and layout to the room. The staff made us very welcome especially receptionist Mariella. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and they could not have been more helpful. Hotel ideally situated for Coventry Garden, Leicester Square, Trafalger Square. Will stay here again no problem.

• Stayed: May 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on a very special occasion,

Marielle and the Mercer street family is very humbled to receive such kind comments.

We pride ourselves for being part of the Radisson Blu family but also leading our London hotels on what we believe and as mentioned are the core values of hospitality.

Our service, location, rooms, food and drink are all part of what makes us different from others but wonderful in every way.

Once again, thank you and we look forward in having you back at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street hotel.

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Oh my goodness where do I start on this review?..............The location is perfect for theatre land and all things 'west end'. I believe it's been recently refurbished - this hotel is a modern,trendy place with old fashioned values. The staff are friendly and efficient,the decor in the public rooms is great - check out the 'Alice in Wonderland' chair in the foyer.
Our room was classy retro,but alas with a rather disappointing stain on the carpet! Looking out onto the street it was quiet for a Central London hotel.Quiet from the outside that is - the internal noise needs addressing - my girlfriend and I were awoken by the couple in the room above practising for the forthcoming Olympic marathon - I think she got there first! Sound proofing is definitely required.
Finally and this beggars belief - I asked on two occasions for 'ice' to be sent to the room only to be told the had 'run out of ice'......I was incredulous at this,who can't do ice in the 21st century , c'mon Radisson,get yer finger out!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us,

We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed our location, friendliness and courtesy of our staff.

On the other side, I am quite saddened to hear all the less impressive comments with regards to your room which was not as pristine as you expected, and at the level of our high requirements at the hotel. As for the noise experienced, we will be looking into it to see where improvements can be made in our existing soundproof walls.
With regards to the ice, 'ice' is always available at the hotel however there is a only a limited number of ice buckets that we can provide at a time specially when there is a high a volume of requests.I dearly apologise for this inconvenience as you should not have experienced such a little but niggling issue on your stay.

Please be rest assured that i will convey your comments to our highly experienced management team in our daily forum so that we can delight you on your next visit to London.
Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to welcome you back in the near future.