“Excellent hotel!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Ranked #88 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 26, 2011

We had previously stayed at this hotel about 3 years ago, before the refurbishment, and couldn't believe how much nicer the place is now! The room was stylish and clean with a huge TV and comfortable bed. The bathroom was very clean with lovely toiletries.
I sat in the bar on my own for an hour waiting for my husband before we checked in, although my glass of wine cost £9.65, I it was a nice comfortable, friendly bar. The next morning, after a great sleep, I had a continental breakfast sent to our room (my husband had left early to go back to work) for myself. I thought I was having the healthy option but I was given a huge tray with allsorts of cereal, toast, pastries, rolls, juice, yogurt, fruit, preserves, and a pot of tea!! Lovely !!
I would highly recommend this hotel, ideal for theatre stays - we will back soon to see 'Ghost the musical'!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank becca_stu
kolombo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback on the Radisson Mercer street hotel.
I was so happy to hear you loved our refurbishment, it features Pierre Frey ‘Toile de Jouy’ wall fabrics, Zimmer & Rhodes fabrics and hand painted silks from Noblis Fontan, Bathrooms are by Phillipe Starck and its sleek furnishings, marble bathrooms, and crisp linen add to the luxury environment.
As you mention our bar its a friendly environment which you can just seat and watch the world go by, our breakfast is both tasty and sumptous which can fulfil anyones need.
We are really are looking forward to welcome you back on your next visit.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,081)

Reviewed September 25, 2011

We arrived off the red eye from the US and let us in our room at 9am, no questions. We were offered a choice of rooms which was nice. Modern and clean, though the deluxe was what I would call smallish. Staff were great. Location superb. Quiet at night which we wanted, but all the trappings of London near by.

• Stayed: September 2011
4  Thank mamasad
kolombo, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to express your views and delights on the Radisson Mercer Street hotel, I was happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay and how our staff were accommodating to your needs.
Please be advised that we do offer a wide range of rooms to satisfy every need.
We really look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Brand new after recent refurb. Carpet in room nice and soft, comfy bed, small room but great facilities, Flat screen TV with apple DVD player and wifi. Small but perfectly formed bathroom, only let down were the shampoo dispensers-but I suppose keeps costs down, towels new, big and fluffy!! In fact couldn't fault the room and was very impressed. Turn down service at night.

Only thing better than hotel was the location, within 5 minutes walking great shops, bars and restaurants and theatres. Saw Blood brothers which was great then Jamie Oliver's italian restaurant which made for a great night out.

Good cocktails in hotel if a little expensive, didnt have breakfast but the monmouth coffee shop just next door made up for it!!

Room Tip: top floor rooms give views of london eye
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jfrancombe
kolombo, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2011

Dear docjimbo,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and for letting us know that you enjoyed the hotel and facilities.
As you mention we do have some great technology in the rooms, we also have a wide variety of room sizes to satisfy and delight every individual. Our shampoo dispensers are there in order to help the environment, however we have the smaller bottles upon request.
Covent Garden is such an ideal location to shop, eat, sightsee and it's right at the heart of theatre land.
The Dial Bar & Restaurant is alive with the spirit of the fruit, flower and spice stalls of the market that inspires its cocktail list which you enjoyed so much.
We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a week. It's freshly renovated and everything is very shiny and new - the carpets are springy, the bed linen is lovely, the lobby looks sparkling... Overall, it was a very positive experience: comfortable beds and pillows, well-equipped rooms, excellent service, decent food, fantastic location. The only negative for me was that the gym is currently under renovation - I did not know this when booking and had selected the hotel partly because it had a gym. being able to use the gyms in either of the two sister hotels doesn't compensate - it's a hassle to have to leave the hotel in exercise gear and walk 10-15 mins to the gym. So I ended up skipping the workouts, which was a bit annoying. Still, the renovation will no doubt be finished soon. But if you need the gym, check with the hotel when you book!

The location: in Seven Dials, unbeatable. Central to everything. Be warned that there can be some exuberant street noise, especially on Friday and Saturday nights, but if this is a concern, ask for a room on a higher floor or towards the rear of the hotel. I was on the 6th floor, and noise was not an issue - I was able to sleep with my window open, for example.

The room: lovely. I had a great view over the rooftops, and could see the Shard building and the Eye. I was able to watch the Thames Festival fireworks from my window!

Service: excellent. The staff go all out to make your stay pleasant. Upon arrival, the room I was given was a little noisier than I was hoping for (I needed to sleep after a long haul flight) and I was immediately shown two alternative rooms. Especially helpful were Nelson, Charlotte and Luis. Danny from room service was also wonderful.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone seeking a luxurious, comfortable, and calm haven in the midst of central London.

Room Tip: I had a king deluxe room - it had plenty of space (I was able to do yoga exercises in it). I was on...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank scot_in_oz

Dear scot_in_oz,
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on the hotel, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially that the staff went out of the way to make your stay memorable. Nelson, Charlotte, Luis and Danny thank you for your great comments and really look forward to welcome you back in the not too distant future.
Regarding the gym we are close to completing its refurbishment and we will have the latest machines available to the guest, at the moment we do ask our guests to use the facilities of our sister hotel which is 5 minutes away.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

I was staying here as I was travelling with a client that had already booked here. The hotel itself is well located in the Theatre district. Unfortunately, I have mixed views.

The room I ended up having (622) was probably one of the smallest hotel rooms I've ever actually stayed in. So small, that there was barely room to move around the bed. No desk or seating area whatsoever as the room was that small. The telephone is placed on a bedside shelf, and in order to use it, you need to get down on your knees next to it.

The bathroom was also extremely small, but funcational which is fine. However unfortunately, the shower, (that has a hand held shower as well as the fixed shower head), when turned on, with the hand held shower in it's fixture on the wall, pours water all over the bathroom floor.

On checking-out, I had a couple of problems, 1) it took the reception staff far to long to make a small change on my invoice, and 2) the printers weren't working properly and they had trouble getting me a new copy.

Finally, for the price paid, £276 plus VAT (total £331) it just wasn't worth it. And, when I checked out, they tried to charge my credit card €399, an exchange rate of €1.20/£ which was roughly an additional €20 on my bill.

(Incidentally, I know that overcharging foreign currency credit cards by inflating the exchange rate is a widespread practice in the U.K., but it's still wrong, and I don't understand why far more people don't complain about this practice generally.)

I got a feedback email following my stay and complained about all of this. I wouldn't normally have expected any reply, but I got a prompt response from the Hotel Manager, Dawn Thomas, and spoke to her about my stay.

So all in, I do think that they are trying hard, and I'm pleased that the hotel got back to me after my complaint. However, for this sort of price, and for the room I got, it just wasn't worth it.

The manager did suggest that next time I stay, I book directly with the managers office, and I may try that if I decide to go back again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank TravellerBEurope
Manager-Mountbatten, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2011

Dear Guest

It as a pleasure to speak with you and thank you for taking the time to give me your feedback personally. i do look forward to hearing from you and would look forward to meeting you personally on your next stay with us.

kind Regards

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Great hotel, cannot fault it at all - the only hiccup was that they didn't have my reservation when we were checking in but the staff soon sorted that out. The room was great, staff friendly and helpful and the location is excellent. You are just a few minutes walk from Covent Garden Underground and shops, bars, restaurants etc. but also not far from Leicester Square and Picadilly Circus. All in all a very enjoyable visit and will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in London.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Fashionista09
kolombo, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 20, 2011

Dear Fashionista09,
Thank you for your recent feedback, I was glad to hear that your small inconvenience was quickly and efficiently dealt with by our front office team.
As you mention we are ideally located in Covent Garden for all your fashion needs and more.
We really hope to see you soon.

Reviewed September 12, 2011

According to my friend Liz, the Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel (there's a mouthful) has just undergone a major overhaul. The results are a hotel that is crisp and modern and has all the room conveniences you could want, including plugs for US electronics and free Internet access. Having lived and stayed off the Old Brompton Road in the past, I didn't know what a treat it can be to be smack in the middle of Seven Dials. I always thought it would be too tourist-y but it's a lovely area with the theaters right there, shopping and restaurants.

Liz went to three shows while in London....all within a short walk of the hotel, which is so discretely tucked into Mercer/Carlton Street that even the black cab drivers can be confused about its location (it helps to tell them it used to be the Mountbatten).

Although in the heart of London, the rooms are quiet (save the noise of the construction crews which were still refurbishing the hotel in Aug. 2011). But the fruits of the refurbishment are terrific with spa-like bathrooms and all the bells and whistles. Like many new European hotels, lights, etc are accessed by putting your room "key" in the slot at the door. It only takes once to find out that you don't want to remove that key while in the room. It's really difficult to locate it again in the pitch dark!

I would definitely stay at the Mercer Street hotel again.

Room Tip: We were on the 4th floor - very quiet. Our friends on the second floor heard the construction crew.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank LilyK88

Dear L K,
Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback on the Mercer Street hotel and your friend Liz, definitely has good taste, after our £15 million refurbishment we endeveoured to satisfy all our guests needs and we were glad we exceeded your expectations.
On behalf of the entire Mercer Street we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.