Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel
Hazlitt's(London)
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
3,200 results
All reviewscovent gardengreat locationleicester squareapple tvwest endtheatre landdeluxe roomlovely hotelcentral locationhotel baran upgradewould highly recommend this hotelfull englishrooms are smalllondon hoteltube stationlondon eye
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 24, 2011

Down the years I've stayed in many London hotels and rarely had a really positive experience. Not only did the facilities at this Radisson Edwardian meet all my needs but the staff, from room cleaners all the way up, could not have been more helpful and friendly. On top of that the location was perfect and also the quietest at night. I can't wait for the next trip!

Room Tip: When checking in ask for a room on the Seven Dials side of the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
kolombo, Front Office Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2011

Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for your feedback, here at the Radisson Edwaridan Mercer Street hotel we pride ourselves on our high calibre of service making sure that guests who visit us experience a memorable journey in London. I will pass on your kind remarks to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed July 23, 2011

I stayed here with my boyfriend on a friday night in july. We had a superior double room. The room was clean and tidy, just not that big. We were staying as we had a Ball to go to and in all honestly the room wasnt big enough (we were falling over each other, there was no room to move about and no dressing table).
The staff were really courteous and polite. The breakfast in the morning was good.
My tip for this hotel is get a deal on it on one of the late availability websites, I did this and for the money I paid the hotel was in a great central location (close fo Covent Garden and Leicester Square) and I was pleased with it. I probably wouldnt have been so happy if I had paid the price that the hotel were asking. It had been recently modernised, so is bright and boutique in style.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street hotel and that you found the location to be great. I was sorry to hear that you felt the room which was allocated to you wasn't big enough, please be advised that we do offer a wide variety of room sizes and you're always likely to find a great promotion on our Radisson Edwardian website. I look forward to welome you back once again in the near future.
Regards,
Jorge Sandoval, Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 22, 2011

My wife and I stayed in this recently refurbished hotel for 8 nights in June while I attended a conference. We loved it. We would have had an even higher opinion if we had been eligible for one of the timed special prices but such was the luck of the draw.

Our room was about the size of a comparable hotel in North America ie large by london standards). It was an upgrade and I was not sure if my membership in the Radisson frequent stay program was the impetus for that or not. The bathroom was very nicely done. We found prices for breakfast, which arenot included in the room rate, to be on the high side so we only ate there twice in the morning and once for lunch. Food quality was excellent.

Service was very good and the hotel recovered very nicely when it failed to deliver a message that had been left for us on the day of our arrival by providing free full breakfasts for both for the next day of us with sincere and repeated apologies.

The location of this property right on the Seven Dials is exceptional. You can walk to Covent Garden in five minutes and to any West End show in no more than 20. The area abounds in pubs, cafes and restaurants and is incerdibly alive.I thought it was well worth the money and if your budget can stand it or you hit a great promo price I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: There may have been a link between Carlsson Club membership and room upgrade.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback, I'm so happy to hear that you had an enjoyable stay at the Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street hotel. As you mention we do pride ourselves on our high customer service, as well as our high food quality, the hotel and restaurant will always have something that will exceed your expectations and if anything does go wrong we find a way of making it right.
I look forward to welcome you once again in the near future.
Regards
Jorge Sandoval Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I'm a regular guest of this hotel, for which I'm really fond, but during my last stay I loved it even more. I've been there immediately after its complete refurbishment and I was fascinated by its new look. The rooms are extremely nicely furnished with all the possible comforts. New and freshly colored blankets, relaxing athmospere and a wonderful brand-new bathroom. This time I had a room at the top floor with a magnificient view on the London Eye... fantastic. You could stay in your bed and just admire it. The staff is alway extremely kind and helpful. By stepping in to this hotel, I really feel myself like at home. Fantastic hotel with a enviablecentral position !

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your feedback and continous patronage of the Radisson Edwardian Mercer Street hotel. I'm so happy to hear that you have loved the changes we have made during our £15 million refurbishment. It is always nice to hear from those guests who has seen the total tranformation. As you mentioned one of the few things which has not changed is our hight customer service which we are so proud of. I will pass on your kind comments to the staff and I look forward to welcoming you back for many years more.
Regards,
Jorge Sandoval, Front Office Manager

Reviewed July 18, 2011

Stayed for one night in a deluxe room with my 2 children. All the staff were exceptionally accomodating, especially Jorge. The room was nice and modern with a fancy Apple TV gadget which I am still trying to figure out how to use! :-)

The room was clean and very little noise can be heard from the street due to the super glazing, lol. I had never stayed there before the refurb, so can not compare but it is very high tech and beaufitful now. I love the fact the there was no mini bar (as my little one tends to root around in them and can cause all manner of problems if an automated one) but the fridge is left empty for you to store your personal goods.

Breakfast was nice and I asked for extra for my toddler and this was given without problem. Only given a 4 out of 5 due to drilling that was going on and from what I gathered was looked into once I told reception. Once building works are finished which should be pretty soon I would think it very hard for anyone to find fault as long as they keep up the standards I received.

Great location, nice friendly staff, better than the Mayfair which is a 5*!! Keep up the good work guys!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Manager-Mountbatten, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Mercer Street Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback it is always nice to hear from guests who have enjoyed their stay with us and be able to share this with the team here in the hotel.

We do look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the Mercer street very soon!

Regards