“Afternoon Tea” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #132 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Newcastle upon Tyne
“Afternoon Tea”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

We visited the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire for afternoon tea. We were very late due to bad weather and our table had been given away however the staff kindly set us another one and brought us a glass of champagne.
The staff were friendly, attentive and courteous and the setting was lovely. We also had a mojito which was one of the best I have tried.
The afternoon tea itself was a little disappointing. The sandwiches were slightly dry as if they had been left out a while, the cake was nice and the scone was probably the best one I have ever eaten (and I've tried a few) but there wasn't a pastry option which would have been nice.
I would return here as we did have a lovely time and I would hope my comments to the waitress were taken on board as it was a shame our meal was spoiled by such a small yet important detail.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Katie,

Thank you for choosing the Hampshire for your Afternoon Tea Experience. I am so pleased you found our staff friendly and attentive, I have been sure to share your feedback with them and they are delighted to learn how much you enjoyed your time in our restaurant.

I am very sorry to hear you found our sandwiches dry. I would like to assure you all of our sandwiches are made fresh to order, however I have been sure to pass on your feedback to our Head Chef to ensure our high standards are constantly maintained.

I am very pleased the rest of the meal met your expectations and especially thrilled to learn our scones were the best you have eaten!!

I hope you will dine with us again, perhaps upon your return you would like to try our new spring menu which will are launching at the end of the month.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (437)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stockholm, Sweden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

If the point with your stay in London is to be close to all things, if it is a soft place to fall after a long day, if you mean to make the most of London in just a few days and you really need to combine proximity with comfort and good, genuine service - then this is your place. Bring children, or don't - either way you'll be happy when coming and reluctant when leaving.

M. Bergalw
Sweden

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Dear Mr Bergalw,

Thank you for sharing such a charming review of your stay at the Hampshire hotel on Trip Advisor.

I was so sorry not to have had the opportunity to meet you in person at the hotel following our prior correspondence. I am however delighted to learn how much you enjoyed our hotel and your stay. I know you were traveling for a special occasion and we were so pleased you chose our hotel for such a celebration. It was our pleasure to assist during your visit and reading such a review is extremely rewarding.

I hope you will have the opportunity to stay with us again and I hope on your return we will have the chance to meet properly!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2014

I have to start by saying we were upgraded, so everything is coloured by that. Room 107 has to be one of the best in the world. You look onto Leicester Square and the Odeon and watch all that London has to offer, but thanks to geat soundproofing you will sleep well. I have forgotten their names, but every member of staff I met was superb, so much so that I was even escorted to the local shop to get what I wanted. If you are a first time visitor to London pick this hotel or its sister The Kenilworth, which sounds a bit far off, but is only 10 minutes walk to Covent Garden and all its varied and FREE entertainment. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Rob,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a fantastic review following your stay with us.

I am so pleased you liked your room and were able to enjoy a view of Leicester Square without any noise disturbances. We love seeing the interesting characters of the square and we are proud to be able to offer a haven from the hustle and bustle of activity outside.

It is a pleasure to read how you found each of our hotel staff superb. This is absolutely the service we aim to deliver and it is our pleasure to be of assistance in any way we can during your stay.

We in turn can’t wait for your return and please do not hesitate to contact me so we can ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

Elk Grove, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

This is a Beautiful hotel that is close to entertainment, dining, sights & shopping. Truly an excellent location. We had trouble connecting to the wifi system and our satellite tv only had intermittent service. Overall it is a very comfortable hotel.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased you had a comfortable stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire and that you thought it was a beautiful hotel. This is really great feedback and a pleasure to read.

I am very sorry to hear that you experienced issues with our wi-fi and satalite television during your stay. I am pleased to inform both problems have since been resolved and should no longer be an issue for any of our future guests.

It is fantastic to learn how much you liked our location. Being so central has so many benefits, like only having a short walk when you are laden down with shopping bags!

I hope you will return to us again and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Rugby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

This was booked for me by an agent so I did not pay attention and my expectations were average, boy was i wrong! This is probably the best located Hotel in London where you walk directly onto Leicester Square.

Reception was superb (almost too helpful as the lovely conversation was making me late!) this included a free upgrade to a suite (which is always nice) the room was fantastic.

Room service spot on, restaurant excellent for both dinner and breakfast.

If i was trying to impress someone for a night out in London book room 311 (whose big sah windows overlook Leicester square and you can watch the red carpet Premieres.

Could not fault the stay

Room Tip: Room 311 overlooks Leicester Square and is a people watching dream........
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Dear Martin,

Wow! What a superb review, To read that you could not fault your stay is an absolute pleasure…we really cannot ask for much better than that!

It is fantastic to read that we surpassed your expectation and I am so pleased we were able to provide such an enjoyable and memorable stay. It is great to read our service was so helpful and I hope we didn’t make you too late!

I am delighted you liked our restaurant Scoff & Banter. If you are looking for simple but fresh and tasty British cuisine this is certainly the place for you. We think our traditional classic English dishes are just the ticket after a long day sightseeing.

I certainly hope you will have the chance to stay with us again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for assistance with your booking.

Solihull, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

set in the hart of Leicester square, all within walking distance to shops restaurants,theatres & tube station. Just outside hotel there is a half price theatre booking ticket office (very handy!!)
Our room need some updating(wallpaper had started to get worn out)more noticeable on the corners -where perhaps people/cases have brushed past. This is a very nice hotel-food excellent service/staff excellent -although a little pricey this is London!!!(have stayed here a few times & always have been welcomed- & I will be back!!)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Roy,

Thank you for continuing to choose the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your visits to London. It is truly lovely to read how much you enjoy your stays with us.

It is great to read you are able to take full advantage of our location in the heart of ‘Theatre Land’. With so many of the greatest theatres within walking distance, you are spoilt for choice, and the half-price ticket booth makes them even more appealing!

I am so pleased to read how much you enjoy our food and services and it is a pleasure to read you will be back to stay with us again.

We look forward to your return!

Launceston, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2014

Lovely hotel. Given a complementary upgrade for my daughters birthday. Beautiful room,huge bathroom and a very comfy bed. All the staff from reception, waiters, doormen, housekeepers,, bar staff were very friendly and pleasant. Nothing was too much trouble including getting us a brolly! Can't go wrong if you stay here, very central but not noisy.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel to celebrate your daughter’s birthday. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted you liked your room and great to read how comfy you found the bed… a must after a hard day celebrating!

Thank you for such positive feedback regarding our staff, the team shares such a great passion for customer service that it is fantastic to read this made your stay even more enjoyable.

I hope you will choose to stay with us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.