“Perfect Location - everything else is a bit hit or miss”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #109 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 26, 2013

My expectations of central London hotels is somewhat tempered by knowledge of how difficult it can be to find what I'm used to in other cities. That said, this hotel has the following positives:

1. Location, Location, Location - it simply cannot be beat. Easy walking access to everything in the West End, prime tourist areas, etc. Great Tube access
2. Decent-sized bathrooms for London
3. Great bed/sheets

It does have a few negatives:

1. There are clear attempts to upgrade the hotel as the common area has a modern look. The rooms have new TVs, bedding. However, the bathrooms and furniture seem tired.
2. Silly half-glass door in the shower. Why do Europeans insist on this ineffective contraption? Water still gets everywhere. I had a puddle on the floor every day after my shower.
3. My room unfortunately had the smell of smoke coming in from the vent - this was pretty offensive

I really wanted to like this more than I did. Would I stay again? Probably, as the location can't be beat.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

I was so pleased to read the positive aspects of your stay and I would like to thank you for sharing these with us. It is great to read that you liked our bathrooms and beds and we hope you had a comfortable stay.

I was very sorry to hear of the negatives experienced with your room and I would like to thank you for bringing these to our attention. I am pleased to advise we are now investigating all of these points and all action will be taken to ensure these problems do not reoccur for any future guests.

It is great to read how much you enjoyed our location and I am pleased to see you would like to return to stay with us again.

Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your next visit so that I may personally ensure your next visit is to your complete satisfaction.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Alice chiplin
Guest Relations Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (3,040)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

I am a regular loyal Radisson customer. Unfortunately this hotel has changed my mind. Was put in room with noisy air conditioning from outside that vibrated the floor. Second room we were given backed onto a passage that was noisy with people screaming outside. No sleep. Staff are great. Rooms noisy. Never again.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
2  Thank Chris D
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Dear Chris,

Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I understand that since posting this review we had the opportunity to speak in person and I wanted to thank you for bringing these issues to my personal attention. I was so disappointed to learn of the problems you had encountered, however very grateful to be given the opportunity to rectify this during your stay. I was very glad that the room allocated to you for your second night was to your complete satisfaction and that you had a peaceful and enjoyable remainder of your stay.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider choosing to stay with us on a future occasion. You now have my direct contact details so please do not hesitate to contact me upon making any future booking so that I may personally ensure your next stay is to your complete satisfaction.

I hope to hear from you soon

Reviewed December 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 1 night(14th Dec).The correspondence beforehand from Alice the Guest Relations manager to ensure our stay would be comfortable was most impressive.Nothing seemed too much trouble.We were greeted by courteous and efficient staff from a very speedy check in right through to checking out.We were very lucky to recieve a complimentary upgrade to a one bedroom suite which over looked Leicester Square.It had the most comfortable bed we had ever slept on!Our evening meal at Scoff & Banter was superb.Lovely staff and quick service.Will most definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kim E
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2013

Dear Kim,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay at our hotel. I was very sorry not to have had the chance to meet you during your visit but I am delighted to learn you enjoyed your time with us.

I am so pleased you liked you room, we think that our suites overlooking the square are some of the best and it is great to read how comfortable you found the bed. Thank you also for sharing such kind comments regarding our team here at the Hampshire, it gives us great joy to know that our service has enabled such an enjoyable and memorable stay.

We hope you will return to us again soon and please do not hesitate to contact me for any assistance with your booking.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

This hotel was perfect - location very good - easy to get to from heathrow- good service - nice room- good breakfst - a nice outside cafe a very happy ambiance . we have allready booked our next stay

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2013

Dear Christopher,

I am absolutely delighted to read you enjoyed your stay so much that you have already booked your next visit!

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to advise of any requests and preferences to ensure your next stay is just as memorable.

We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Spent four nights recently. Upgraded to large high floor room for having the Club Carlson card.
Staff was extremely polite and helpful. If you are in London for the theatre, it is hard to find a better location. The Leicester tube station is 2 minutes away and the Piccadilly Line runs directly to Heathrow Airport. The only downside to the otherwise great location is that Leicester Square is extremely crowded and can be loud. So if you are a light sleeper, take some ear-plugs and enjoy this fine hotel.

Room Tip: High corner rooms have the best view and are probably quieter.

Dear Guest,

I am thrilled to read how much you liked your stay and I am glad our location was everything you were looking for. If you are in London on a theatre trip we quite agree we couldn't be more conveniently placed.

We hope you will be back to stay with us again soon. Please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival to ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

Reviewed December 6, 2013

I always stay here when in London. Big wins for me are the staff, who are always friendly and welcoming, and the free wifi. Thanks for really understanding what people need! It's in a great location, 2 minutes walk to the tube and easy strolling distance to the shops and nooks and crannies in this part of London. Good room facilities and they always look after me well and that's a nice feeling.

Room Tip: Rooms on the front (Leicester Square side) you can see some of the action if there is a film premier...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Baxterdog8
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

I am delighted to learn you always choose our hotel for your visits to London and we thank you for your continued loyalty.

I am so pleased to read that we are able to provide enjoyable stays time and time again. All of our staff share a great passion for excellent customer service and it is so rewarding when this is reflected in our guests satisfaction.

We hope you will return to us again soon and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 3, 2013

My partner decided on a spur of the moment theatre trip down to London from Lancashire (via his son's place in Cambridge). So before we set off I found a "Secret Hotel" near the theatre venue for one night, and I was happy to find we had booked in to the "Hampshire".

Very pleased with the friendliness of staff, cleanliness and style of the room (on floor 5) and the view over many of London's landmarks (although Nelson had his back to us! lol).

Everyone was very helpful and room gave us a very comfortable night's sleep. I would visit again -- but only if I could get a good deal -- as on this trip!

Room Tip: Good view from higher floors (we were on level 5)
1  Thank Maryhazel
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Mary,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience of our hotel on Trip Advisor, I am delighted to read you enjoyed your visit.

We are very lucky to be afforded with views of both Leicester Square and the city of Westminster and I am so pleased you liked your room, despite Nelson’s rudeness…

I hope you will have the chance to return to us again, upon your return you may like to try our new restaurant Scoff & Banter. This is a new addition to the hotel and serves delicious traditional British cuisine.

For any assistance with any future booking please do not hesitate to contact me.