“Excellent Location/Amenities”

Ranked #148 of 1,067 Hotels in London
New York City, New York
“Excellent Location/Amenities”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Spent a week end of September 2013. Had a great room, right on the Square, but still very quiet. Enjoyed a drink in the bar and ordered room service one morning. Friendly, thoughtful housekeeping staff. I would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read you liked your stay with us, it is great to read each element of your stay lived up to your expectations.

I am so glad you enjoyed one of our rooms that overlook the Leicester Square and could experience all of the hustle and bustle of the square, without the noise.

We look forward to welcoming you back and hope you will have the opportunity to return to us again soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
charlottesville, va
Reviewed November 6, 2013

The hotel is splendid and located perfectly for us who like getting theater tickets at the half-price booth a few steps away. The plumbing was only fair for us in our particular room, but the best thing about the hotel was the assistance we received from David and Keirnan. They gave us restaurant advice, direction-to-walk advice, and tips on enjoying London. Being in the heart of Leicester Square is a definite plus too if one likes people and the theater.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing such positive comments of our hotel on Trip Advisor.

It is really lovely to read how helpful David and Keiran were during your visit. It seems as if they really made your stay and I will be sure to share your feedback with them. I know they will both be so pleased to read your comments, with so many restaurant options and places to see and explore we quite understand how important advice is to make the most of everything the area has to offer.

We hope you will be back again soon to see another show and we look forward to your return.

kent
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I came here recently with a group of friends for a birthday afternoon tea, and was extremely pleased with the whole experience. Having had enjoyable teas on a couple of previous occasions in other London hotels, I was slightly nervous about whether this would live up to my expectations, but it surpassed them. We were presented with a wonderful array of sandwiches, scones and cakes on a huge 2-tier cake stand, and everything was delicious. I felt that the cake selection was also the best I have yet had - there was perhaps a slightly smaller range than at other similarly-priced locations (a jelly with fruits in, an iced carrot cupcake, and an iced vanilla sponge), but for that I think the quality and standard of these were better. The scones were also delicious - freshly baked and served with both strawberry and raspberry jam, as well as cream. And the sandwiches were great too. We also had the option of tea or coffee. As most of us opted for tea, it came in a huge bucket-like teapot, and was constantly replenished. The staff were very friendly and helpful too, and seemed genuinely interested in our and other guests' welfare. We were also impressed by the look of some of the main meals going past. Overall we spent 4 hours there, and felt in no way rushed or pressured to leave. The staff were also very happy to pack up the leftovers for us, which was much appreciated. Overall I would definitely recommend this as a location for afternoon tea, and hope to be back myself before too long. The location is very convenient too, directly in Leicester Square. The room was also pleasant, and the seats very comfortable, and the tables well spread so you didn't feel too close to other guests.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank happytravels352
Dear Guest,

What a fantastic review! I am delighted you chose our restaurant to celebrate such a special occasion and thank you for sharing your experience with us.

It is wonderful to read everything from the food to the service to the seats were to your complete perfection and I am so pleased you had such an enjoyable afternoon.

The team and I take great care in looking after our guests and to read that we have surpassed your expectations is very encouraging and I will be sure to share your positive comments with the team.

I am pleased you will be back to dine with us again soon, perhaps upon your return you will have the opportunity to sample our A La Carte dinner menu, I would highly recommend our fish and chips which are delicious!

We look forward to your return.

Cheshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I had a standard twin room. The room was not huge but tastefully decorated with nice shower and shampoo stuff in large bottles rather than the little plastic things.
I had a drink in the downstairs bar but didn't use the facilities of the hotel otherwise as I was barely in it except to sleep.
The service levels generally were what I've come to expect from a 5 star hotel, good without being too obtrusive.
The location can't be faulted. It's right on Leicester Square and would be particularly good for a leisure break as you can walk to so many places from there and the nearest tube station is minutes away.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor just off the square and it was quiet enough.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing our Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London.

I am so pleased to read you liked your room and the amenities we provide. It is wonderful to read such positive comments about our services and team and I will be sure to share your review with them.

I hope you will return to stay with us again soon and upon your return have the opportunity to try our restaurant Scoff & Banter. We offer a variety of delicious traditional English dishes and some wonderful cocktails too.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require assistance with any future bookings.

manchester
Reviewed November 5, 2013

Myself, my wife and two children (aged 8 and 10) recently had the pleasure of staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel for a half term break from school. This was our fourth stay as we find the hotel offers excellent value for money in terms of a family room sleeping two adults and two kids in Central London. The location is perfect, Leicester Square houses many family friendly restaurants, including TGI Fridays, Bella Italia, Pizza Hut and the Rainforest Café, so something to suit most budgets, as we were keen to make the most of our stay, we tended to grab a coffee and pastries for breakfast from one of the many coffee shops nearby to start off our day. The tube station is around 3 minutes walk away which meant you can get around London with ease, a family tube ticket costs around £14 for a day covering zones one and two which will give you access to all of the main tourist attractions, its a cheaper and faster alternative to taxi's. The square is safe and well policed throughout the day and night, we felt very comfortable in getting back at 10pm some nights with the kids. The location has the added attraction of being around 5 or six minutes walk to Hamleys, probably the worlds best toy shop, so it's not far to walk back to the hotel with bags of toys under you arms. The hotel staff were wonderful, everyone we came into contact with was very sincere and seemed genuinely intent on making our stay a very pleasant one, they made a fuss of the kids and nothing was too much trouble, the concierge was very knowledgeable and was more than happy to spend a good 5 / 10 minutes in planning the best routes to cram in the sights each day. The room was amazing, modern, clean, spacious and comfortable, with great views over the square it was a pleasure to come back to each night. It is rated as a five star and it's easy to see why, an understated luxury gives a classy yet comfortable feel. When it was time to go home, the doorman kindly ran through the square and brought a taxi to the door for us, they really went out of their way to look after us and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire to anyone looking for a great family room for a stay in the centre of London.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear Chris,

I am very grateful for the time you have taken to review our hotel and thank you for sharing such lovely comments with other travelers.

it is great to see that our location seems to have perfectly suited your requirements. We find being so close to such a variety of attractions very convenient, especially for those traveling with children.

I am delighted to read that each staff member contributed in someway to making your stay an enjoyable one and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you and your family back again soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

For many years, I have saved up my (now) Carlson reward points. I even bought some when they offered 2:1 offer. Eventually, I had enough to stay at this 5* hotel for free! My first reward stay, I was treated like royalty. For just £60 I could upgrade to a suite. It was grand. I noticed a light bulb was out, but hey! The whole stay was, as you should expect from a 5* hotel! just great.

This week I stayed again. Used the balance of my points. Oh dear. No upgrade offered, which is fine, but, stuck in a pokey 'deluxe' room which looked over the air conditioning units at the back of the hotel. Frosted 'glass' sticky plastic over the window for privacy. Again, a light bulb out. 5* remember! The floor boards creaked horribly every time I moved. God knows what the people below thought was going on. No slippers in the room, shower leaked badly onto the floor. Used all the towels to mop up. And, all night you get the hum of the 'farm' of a/c units buzzing on the roof just outside your window.

First stay was first class. Second stay so disappointing. Supposed to be 5* and should be like that all the time.

May sound ungrateful, but at £350 a night but should NEVER be average.

Room Tip: ALWAYS ask for a room with a view of Leicester Square. The rear rooms are so noisy with the a/c unit...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Phil M
Alice C, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Phil,

Thank you for reviewing your most recent stay at our hotel, we sincerely appreciate your feedback and we thank you for the time taken.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your first stay with us so much and that you chose to stay with us again based on this experience. I am however very disappointed your return visit did not live up to your initial expectation.

We quite agree that your second experience should have met the standards you first encountered and I would like to sincerely apologise for the shortfalls experienced upon this occasion. Whilst, depending on availability, we are not always able to offer upgrades I am sorry that your room was not your liking. Please rest assured i have brought the rooms failings to the attention of the hotels management team to investigate and address as soon as possible to ensure these do not affect our future guests.

I sincerely hope you will choose to give us another credit of your trust based on your first experience with us. We have several variety of room categories that vary in layout and design and please do not hesitate to contact me prior to your arrival so that we may ensure we have all of your preferences in place.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel in July 2013. So far the best Hotel that I have stayed in, in London. The location is terrific, really close to the Tube, walking distance to the Thames, around the corner is Trafalgar Square, very close to Covent Gardens, close to Theatres, lots of Bars & Restaurants. The Hotel was a delight. The room was quiet, clean, fresh water every day, good sized room, we looked over Leicester Square. The service from the staff was wonderful. I will stay here again next time I'm in London.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

To read that we are the best hotel you have stayed in in London makes me and the team incredibly proud and we are so delighted you enjoyed your stay so much.

Thank you for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor and for such a fantastic review, we couldn't have described the hotels location better ourselves and we hope you enjoyed your time in London.

It is lovely to hear how well appointed our rooms are and I hope you will have the opportunity to return to us again soon.

If you require any assistance with future reservation please do not hesitate to contact me.