“Location, Location, Location”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel
Ranked #112 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 25, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights. Owing to some isues (subsequently resolved) we were upgraded from a standard room to the "business" room, which was a good size with a large bathroom. The room wasn't ready when we arrived (09.00) so we were offered a standard room to shower and get changed in. The standard room was typical London hotel size. The staff were all pleasant and helpful, and a full buffet breakfast was included. We also had an evening meal here and it was good. Ours was a frequent flyer points booking so I don't know what the rate was. Friends who stayed in the standard room paid GBP200.

Room Tip: If it's not too expensive go for the "business room"
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johnny Red Tips
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Dear Johnny,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel and for sharing your comments on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to read that you found our staff pleasant and helpful, the team and I take great pride in looking after our guests and it is great that this has definitely been the case.

I am pleased you enjoyed your room, for guests looking for that extra space I would recommend our business class or deluxe rooms which boast larger beds and a more spacious bathroom.

I hope you will return to us again in the not so distant future and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here for four nights, Thursday to Monday. The hotel is located in between of the tube stop for Leicster Square and Picadilly Circus, with only a couple of minutes of walking distance to each one of them.

Despite staying in the first floor (118) it was little noise and the room was very spacious compared to a typicall London room. The room was very clean and obtained the standard I would expect from such a hotel like this.

It seems to me that this hotel must have been quite a high standard hotel in its time. Even though the staff does what they can to keep standards up to date, I cant help but feeling that the hotel is a "has been". Maybe a much needed rennovation of the rooms would take the hotel furhter up on the list.

The service and the staff treatment at the hotel was up to standard.

The biggest drawback for me was the beds; they were much harder than what I am used to and after 4 nights the body felt less than good. Soar neck, back and shoulders was not the way I wanted to end my stay in London.

All in all, it is a hotel I can recomend! Would I stay here next time...? Unless they change their beds I will propably avvoid a longer stay at this hotel, which is a shame because it is a quite nice hotel with and exellent location!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Erik,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel. I am very pleased to read that the location was an excellent choice for you, as well as our prime location we have many great transport links close by with fast and easy access to the rest of the city.

I am really pleased your room was to the standard you were expecting and you found it quiet and spacious. I am sorry that the beds were not to your liking and I have spoken to our head of housekeeping about the issues raised and I am pleased to confirm we are in the processes of replacing many of the mattresses in our rooms.

Thank you for recommending our hotel and I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

We wanted to stay in this part of London, and found this hotel to have a superb location. We got a nice spacious corner room (218) with view towards the square. The bed was was big, but too firm to our liking, which we felt very much after 4 nights. It seems this is quite typical on the European continent.
The staff were very polite, friendly and service minded.
There are no traffic or cars outside this hotel, meaning that it was quiet and peaceful in the morning.
As mentioned, the location of this hotel is fantastic, with a very easy access!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

It is such a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the Hampshire hotel and thank you for sharing your feedback with us.

It is great to hear you found the room spacious and quiet and that you were able to enjoy a lovely view of the square. I am pleased to let you know since your visit renovations to the square have been completely finished and now looks even more splendid.

I certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again soon and explore even more of our fantastic location.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

Not sure what I was expecting upon arrival as I have stayed in plenty of Radisson Blu's and for the most part they are really nice. It was unexpected. Firstly you are greeted by one of the nicest "door men" ever, just made you feel instantly welcomed. Inside was stunning. The room wasn't very big, and unfortunately I didn't have a really nice view (however this could have been my own fault as I have thing about elevators so asked for a room on the lowest floor so I could walk, and I think this was all they had left, so the view could have potentially been better). It was very clean though, bathroom despite small was really really lovely. There is a gym, not big and not a lot in there, but more than enough for a good workout. The restaurant staff where truly wonderful, so helpful, friendly and always smiling (actually that also goes for the reception area). Breakfast was really nice to, good choices and everything tasted really nice. Would highly recommend it, as for those who are not familiar with London it's right in Leicester Square which is great.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

It is wonderful to read we were able to surpass your expectations of our hotel. I am so pleased from the moment you entered our hotel you felt welcome; this is truly the experience we like to create for all of our guests.

I would like to apologise you did not like the view from your room, perhaps upon your return visit you would like to book one of our deluxe rooms at the front of the hotel. These rooms boast a larger king sized bed, a more spacious bathroom and a lovely view directly overlooking the square.

Thank you for recommending us so highly to other travellers and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We had pink afternoon tea here for a friend's baby shower and had a lovely time.
The staff were very courteous and helpful. The afternoon tea was very nice and the staff were very helpful in providing and changing the menu for certain dietary requirements. The carrot cake cupcake was delicious and there was a variety of beverages included in the offer. The price of the afternoon tea was good and I look forward to going there again!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Happycake2013
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing such lovely feedback following your afternoon tea experience. I am so pleased you enjoyed our food and that our staff were courteous and helpful.

We find our afternoon tea is a popular choice for various special events and I am delighted you chose our restaurant to celebrate your friend’s baby shower. It is a pleasure to learn we were able to assist in making your visit a memorable and enjoyable occasion.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the restaurant soon.

Reviewed September 16, 2013

You know that to stay in the heart of Leicester Square will be expensive so there is no point in going on about that. What I will say is that this our second visit and again it was just perfect for our requirements. We could walk to our chosen show (Stomp) and there are so many options for food and drink you are spoilt for choice.
We had room service on our fist night as it was quite late when we got there and the club sandwich at £10.25 was good quality and fairly priced. £37 for two buffet breakfast was a little expensive but it was good quality and I suppose if you have a big appetite you could have as much as you could eat for that price. We had our pre theatre dinner there, both had steak, sirloin and ribeye which were well flavoured but I can not stand food served on wooden boards. It came to £57.95 for the steaks, two sides and two glasses of wine but on top of that they added £7.24 service charge so £65.19 for one course was expensive.
The room was small but comfortable and they did provide complimentary bottled water.
The next time we visit London I am sure we will stay here as we love the location but maybe we will eat at one of the many bars and restaurants that surround it.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gill,

I was delighted to read about your return visit to the Hampshire hotel and thank you for your on-going loyalty. It is great to learn we are perfect for your requirements and I am so pleased you will continue to choose our hotel for your trips to London.

I am glad you liked our room service options; we are very pleased to be able to offer good quality food 24 hours. I have passed your additional comments about your pre-theatre dinner to our head chef and restaurant manager, please be advised our service charge although automatically added to the bill, is completely discretionary and can be removed should you prefer not to pay it.

We are thrilled you love our location and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Hotel staff were very friendly and allowed us to leave our bags pre and post stay whilst we were sightseeing, at no extra cost. Room was lovely, clean but not as opulent as it first looked. The bed was ENORMOUS! Lying widthways I couldn't reach both ends of the bed. Breakfast was not worth the extra cost, especially as there are so many eating places around. The tube is a 2 minute walk away. And the ticket booth outside (underneath the clock) sells last minute show tickets for less than half price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel for your recent stay in London.

We certainly appreciate the importance of a good night’s sleep when our guests are with us and it is great to hear you liked our large beds.

I am pleased you liked the location of the hotel; we are surrounded by great transport links as well as having a wide range of attractions such as theatres and restaurants all within walking distance.

We hope to see you again soon at the hotel and please do not hesitate to contact me should you require any assistance with future reservations.

Guest Relations manager