3,262 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationcovent gardenjunior suitenational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landlondon eyebig benregent streettheatre breakbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancestandard rooman upgradebooked this hotel
Reviewed July 27, 2013

After reading the latest review's i am actually starting to wonder if certain people actually stayed at this hotel? We could not fault this hotel at all, We stayed here for my birthday, July 26th and from check in everything was perfect, The room was stunning and presented how a 5 star should be, Very clean & Modern with a lovely view looking over Leicester .

The bar was fully stocked with a good selection of drinks & snacks. There was a free complimentary bottle of water along with a bottle of blubbery for my birthday, Nice touch.

The bed was big & comfy and after visiting a west end musical we come back to find our bed had been turned ready for bed.

I simply can not fault this hotel, Stunning modern and crisp clean, The staff couldn't do enough for us and I want to thank them for making my Birthday special .

The only bad points were the guests next door coming in at 4am making lots of noise with music until the early hours ( I should have complained but didn't want to bother staff). Also the maid started Hoovering the room next door at 8am which was slightly annoying as we wanted a nice lay in but this didn't ruin our stay.

We will return

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room over looking the square.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2013

Dear Guest,

Wow, it is such a pleasure to read such an excellent review! Thank you for providing us with such great feedback and for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor. It is always so nice to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us and I will be sure to pass on your kind comments to the entire team. We were delighted to have learnt you had chosen the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire hotel to celebrate such a special occasion and it was our pleasure to look after you whilst you were with us.

I hope that you will stay with us again in the near future and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Should you require any assistance with any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Arrived at the restaurant Saturday evening to find some good food that was tainted by very poor service, we had to clear our own plates away to make room, go to the bar to get drinks after the initail order, go and ask for the bill that then included a service charge, not at any point did any person ask us if we enjoted our meal, which would imply to me that no one actually cared if we enjoyed our meal ! if you want to just watch the sights and buy one drink then its probably ideal as i would imagine no one would bother you all night but if you want to eat at the same time and enjoy some sort of service then I suggest you try elsewhere.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Our guest's feedback is vital to the success of our restaurant and I thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience.

I am aware that we are now in contact via private message and please once again accept my apologies for the service you received, and rest assured this conduct will not be repeated.

We genuinely care about our guests and I hope given our investigation into the matter we will welcome you again to our restaurant and make up for the inconvenience caused.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Great location. Very central and tube just around the corner. Location can't be beaten.

We arrived well before noon and I knew that check-in time is at 3pm so we were prepared to leave our luggage at the hotel, go out and return in the afternoon. At check-in we were told, however, that our room will be ready at noon. When walking out, first impression of the hotel was very good, said my friend. As we were supposed to get our room quite soon, we decided to stay in the neighbourhood and returned quarter past noon. The room was not ready. The trainee at reception said it'll be ready in 15min and offered us complimentary coffee in the lounge while waiting and that he'll come and tell us when our room is finally ready. After 35mins of waiting, close to 1pm, no sign of him and I went back to reception counter to ask again, obviously he had totally forgotten us. And naturally, we didn't get that complimentary coffee either, in the lounge it took more than 20mins before anyone showed any interest on us. At check-in we weren't told anything about breakfast, wifi, check-out time or anything of those normal practicalities. Comment from my friend was that how easy it is to ruin the good first impression: If they promise you something they should also keep those promises and at this time they failed 3 times: twice with time the room was to be ready and once with that complimentary coffee.

The floors are like a maze, luckily the hotel is not big, as otherwise one would get lost with no signs to rooms at all, except in the elevator lobby. The room itself was smallish, but I think that is expected in central London, and old-fashioned. When we arrived in the room, the safe was left open but with the locking bars in locked position, thus unusable. Had to get maintenance to fix that. Why don't they check that kind of things when preparing the room for next customer? The bathroom was small, and very unpractically decorated: towels for drying hands were under the sink constantly wiping the floor, shower towels above the toilet seat unpossible to get them after shower without getting out of the tub and thus watering the floor.

Turn-down service worked some evenings and some evening not. Bottle of fresh water was provided every other day, not daily.

Good beds. Sound isolation is rather poor, as in the evening noise from the streets and in the morning noise from delivery trucks can be bothering, and at least woke us up. Also everything happening in the corridor can be heard in the rooms, and I guess the other way round as well. Arriving in the room at dark it is very difficult to find the slot for the key card to get the lights on, as there is total darkness.

Concierge was very good and helpfull.

Overall experience was very doubtfull. Have been used to expect more from Radisson, especially as they claim to be a 5-star hotel, which this hotel is not even close to. Fine if you are ready to pay for the location, but the hotel itself is definately not worth the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Purjelentaja
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for providing us with feedback on your recent stay at the Hampshire Hotel.

I am pleased that you found our central location to be convenient and that you enjoyed our comfortable beds.

I am however naturally very disappointed to learn that your check-in experience was far from a smooth one. Our guaranteed check in time at the hotel is 3pm however whenever possible should a guest arrive earlier than this time we endeavour to have the room ready as soon as possible. There appears in this instance to be a lack of communication between our teams in regards to having the room ready at the promised time and receiving your complimentary coffee. There is no excuse for this and I shall be taking up these grievances with the respective individuals and further training will be provided to ensure there is not a repeat of this service. We take great care and pride in looking after our guests therefore it is with regret to learn that we failed to adhere to our usual high standards of customer service.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback in regards to all elements of your stay, our guests' comfort and enjoyment is of utmost importance therefore I shall be sure to address all points you have raised with the individual heads of department.

I am delighted to hear that despite the shortcomings of your stay you found our concierge helpful and will be sure to pass on these comments to the team.

Please once again accept my sincere apologies that your stay fell short of not only your, but also our own expectations of our hotel.

I hope that you will reconsider staying at our hotel in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel should you wish to discuss this further.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

I been to many hotels and this one definitely sits in my top 10. The suite that we had was spacious, clean and well maintained. The staff were very friendly and helpful and the hotel location was perfect - close to everything. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay on Trip Advisor. It is always a joy to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay with us so much.

I am glad that you found our rooms to be spacious and clean and the staff friendly. We take great care in looking after each of our guests and I shall be sure to pass on your kind comments to the whole team.

We hope that you will chose to stay with us again here at the Hampshire in the not so distant future. Should you require any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Great staff, great location and nice room- definitely recommend it here. Right in the centre of Leicester Square so easy to walk around the main shopping areas of regent street, oxford street and the more trendier carnaby street and Mayfair

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Hampshire hotel for your recent visit to London. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our fantastic location. We have a great concierge team here at the hotel who know the area inside out and are dedicated to making sure our guests can take full advantage of being so centrally located. If you ever run out of things to do I can assure you they will give you a hundred more ideas!

We hope that you have an excuse to come back to London soon so that we can welcome you back to the hotel.