3,265 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationcovent gardenjunior suitenational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landlondon eyebig benregent streettheatre breakbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancestandard rooman upgradebooked this hotel
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Check-in was not a great experience. Having booked the room through lastminute.com over a week in advance and for the rate to be a full non-refundable deposit, I was less than impressed when checking in at 3:30pm (30 minutes after the hotels check-in time) that I was informed that the hotel was overbooked and would I mind moving to their sister hotel next door. I made it clear that I didn’t consider this to be the level of customer service one expects from a 5 star-hotel. As a frequent traveller I understand hotels and airlines regularly overbook as they know they will have “no-shows”, they do normally service customers on a “first-come” basis. After much grinding of teeth and muttering under my breath, low and behold a room was found and in fact I was quietly upgraded to a superior room. Once checked in, “normal service” resumed – and the staff were attentive and pleasant. The room was of a good size and the bathroom well equipped with a walk-in monsoon shower. The hotel is an excellent location right on Leicester Square. Putting aside the issues at check-in I have to recommend the hotel; but there remains a bitter taste from the initial encounter with the reception staff, and therefore only a vgood as opposed to excellent.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at the Hampshire Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you feel your stay was tarnished by your initial arrival to the hotel. It is unfortunate that on rare occasions we do have to book our guests out to our sister property and we always strive to ensure that this is done with minimal disappointment or inconvenience to our guests; therefore I am delighted that in this instance you were able to remain at our hotel.

I am pleased to learn that the rest of your stay was of the calibre that we expect from our team and hope that you will return to the hotel soon so that we can once again give you an enjoyable and memorable stay, minus the initial hiccup.

Please do not hesitate to contact me should you require assistance with making any future reservations.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed overnight Friday 21 June. Perfect location right in Leicester Square. Ideal for theatres (we were seeing a play at the Wyndham which turned out to be literally 2 minutes walk away). London hotel rooms are never huge, but despite the fact we had booked one of the standard rooms we were pleasantly surprised. Decent sized room overlooking Leicester Square. Despite it being very busy in the square during the evenings we never had an issue with being disturbed. Very friendly, efficient and helpful staff both on reception and around the hotel. Didn't have breakfast in the hotel or use the restaurant/bar so can't comment on those. Lots of places to eat and drink within a very short walk. Leicester Square tube station only 2 minutes walk.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for recently choosing to stay with us at the Hampshire Hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to give such positive feedback. It is such a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to take advantage of our great location in the heart of London.

We take great pride in the service we give and it is all the more rewarding and inspiring for our team when it provides such a memorable experience for our guests.

We hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon and upon your return would recommend you try our new restaurant 'Scoff and Banter' which has been recently launched at our hotel and is truly delicious!

Reviewed July 1, 2013

As the title says. Miserable service and very poor quality food and drink. We stopped off between London sights and were very disappointed by the service and quality. Being a Radisson Blu Hotel, I expected much more. But the food was awful and the coffee, Irish and other liqueur, were cold and badly made. I can accept that alone, but the employees were so miserable they were grumpy. Not what a top hotel like this should be about. Their front line workers should buy into the brand concept.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate the time you have taken and would like to thank you for making us aware of the issues experienced.

We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and I was very concerned to read your feedback. Please be assured your experience is very important to us, and one I take very seriously.

I was disappointed to read your feedback regarding our staff, we constantly strive to provide a friendly, efficient and quality service and I am very sorry we failed to uphold our high standards on this occasion. Please be assured we have followed up on every point highlighted and following your comments have further trained and coached our front of house team.

I am however pleased to let you know that we have recently launched our new restaurant ‘Scoff & Banter’ which has a completely fresh menu of traditional English cuisine and we are confident that this new concept will provide not only excellent food but also an efficient and quality service.

One again we are very grateful for your feedback and we hope that you will consider to staying at the hotel again.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a great stay here. The staff were fantastic. They were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The room was clean and we had a great view of the London skyline from the 7th floor. The only downside was the bed...it was too soft and seemed to sag in the middle. Otherwise excellent location and first class service from the reception staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your most recent stay with us. It is always a delight to read such positive feedback as we take great pride in the service we provide. I am so pleased that you were able to experience one of our spectacular views, a real treat when staying in such a great location.

I am disappointed to hear you were uncomfortable with our bed quality, we are constantly looking to update and improve our rooms so all feedback is integral to making each stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and had a great room overlooking Leicester Square. After a hiccup with the type of room we wanted the general manager took care of the problem and moved us into one we wanted.

1  Thank California1111
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer (my apologies I can't address your name due to tripadvisor regulations)

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments.

The team at the Hampshire do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

I'm pleased I could assist you personally and found the room to your liking. I preach all our readers and guest to let us know if there are any issues whilst in house with us so we can rectify the problem and ensure your stay is most comfortable.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.

Simon Wong