3,289 results
All reviews leicester square perfect location covent garden junior suite national gallery west end piccadilly circus theatre land london eye big ben regent street theatre break birthday treat within easy walking distance standard room an upgrade booked this hotel
Reviewed July 1, 2013

As the title says. Miserable service and very poor quality food and drink. We stopped off between London sights and were very disappointed by the service and quality. Being a Radisson Blu Hotel, I expected much more. But the food was awful and the coffee, Irish and other liqueur, were cold and badly made. I can accept that alone, but the employees were so miserable they were grumpy. Not what a top hotel like this should be about. Their front line workers should buy into the brand concept.

• Stayed: July 2013
Simon W, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback, I appreciate the time you have taken and would like to thank you for making us aware of the issues experienced.

We strive to exceed our customers’ expectations and I was very concerned to read your feedback. Please be assured your experience is very important to us, and one I take very seriously.

I was disappointed to read your feedback regarding our staff, we constantly strive to provide a friendly, efficient and quality service and I am very sorry we failed to uphold our high standards on this occasion. Please be assured we have followed up on every point highlighted and following your comments have further trained and coached our front of house team.

I am however pleased to let you know that we have recently launched our new restaurant ‘Scoff & Banter’ which has a completely fresh menu of traditional English cuisine and we are confident that this new concept will provide not only excellent food but also an efficient and quality service.

One again we are very grateful for your feedback and we hope that you will consider to staying at the hotel again.

Alice Chiplin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We had a great stay here. The staff were fantastic. They were so helpful and couldn't do enough for us. The room was clean and we had a great view of the London skyline from the 7th floor. The only downside was the bed...it was too soft and seemed to sag in the middle. Otherwise excellent location and first class service from the reception staff.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments about your most recent stay with us. It is always a delight to read such positive feedback as we take great pride in the service we provide. I am so pleased that you were able to experience one of our spectacular views, a real treat when staying in such a great location.

I am disappointed to hear you were uncomfortable with our bed quality, we are constantly looking to update and improve our rooms so all feedback is integral to making each stay as comfortable as possible.

Thank you once again for taking the time to leave your comments and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Alice Chiplin
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed June 27, 2013

We enjoyed our stay here and had a great room overlooking Leicester Square. After a hiccup with the type of room we wanted the general manager took care of the problem and moved us into one we wanted.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank California1111
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer (my apologies I can't address your name due to tripadvisor regulations)

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments.

The team at the Hampshire do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

I'm pleased I could assist you personally and found the room to your liking. I preach all our readers and guest to let us know if there are any issues whilst in house with us so we can rectify the problem and ensure your stay is most comfortable.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.

Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms average. Beds comfortable but I do not expect to hear footsteps and floors groaning from rooms above. Windows filthy and took 20 mins to get tv working. Not worth the money. Staff extremely helpful though. Nice position but outside seating wasnt put out til mid afternoon even on sunny day

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Hampshire Hotel of late, The team and I are very grateful for your feedback.

The Hampshire Hotel has a long history attached to it, the building originally housed the much acclaimed Royal Dental Hospital many years ago. Whilst many improvements have been made over those years, some of the layout of the building has remained the same which dates back over 300 years. So my apologies for the odd creaking noise.

Whilst design is a very subjective issue, I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms at the beginning of the new year. This will include new smart TV as well as new windows.

Your feedback regarding my teams helpfulness is very appreciative.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that we will have the oppportunity to serve you again in the future.

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having stayed here in 2011, and it's sister hotel round the corner in 2010, we were really looking forward to coming back to the Hampshire. However, this visit really was disappointing! This just doesn't feel like the same place! There are positives - the reception staff are lovely, as are the staff at breakfast. The breakfast itself is also very good and of course, the location is great for visiting all over central London. However, this hotel is NOT five star anymore - looking at other reviews now, this seems to be a recurring thread throughout the more recent comments. Our 'deluxe' room was incredibly disappointing, thank goodness we weren't in a standard! Having already been lucky enough to stay in some fabulous five star hotels this year, this hotel just doesn't match up in any way. Even the toiletries provided are of a poor quality - and even the body lotion is attached to the wall in the bathroom! Dull rooms, generally poor service (again must impress not reception or breakfast staff), tired overall look and feel. The bar still looks nice, but the service, especially by a certain younger male member of staff leaves a lot to be desired. We were really looking forward to this trip, and prepared to pay the high cost of staying here, but unfortunately we won't be returning to the Hampshire, there are plenty of comparably priced, centrally located hotels nearby which really are five star. Sorry Hampshire, time to clean up your act!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you kindly for staying at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your most recent visit, I was really disappointed to read of your recent experience whilst you stayed here, especially given your previous visits were so positive.

As a frequent traveller I am sure you will appreciate it is possible for things to go wrong, although as General Manager it is my responsibility to ensure that you do not have the same experience repeated here at the Hotel especially fundamental standards. I will assure we will work extremely hard to go back to those great standards you used to enjoy.

I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms from winter 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and do not hesitate to contact me via the Hotel to discuss this further. I really do hope we have the opportunity to serve you once again in the near future.

Kind regards