3,290 results
All reviews leicester square perfect location covent garden junior suite national gallery west end piccadilly circus theatre land london eye big ben regent street theatre break birthday treat within easy walking distance standard room an upgrade booked this hotel
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Rooms average. Beds comfortable but I do not expect to hear footsteps and floors groaning from rooms above. Windows filthy and took 20 mins to get tv working. Not worth the money. Staff extremely helpful though. Nice position but outside seating wasnt put out til mid afternoon even on sunny day

• Stayed: June 2013
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Hampshire Hotel of late, The team and I are very grateful for your feedback.

The Hampshire Hotel has a long history attached to it, the building originally housed the much acclaimed Royal Dental Hospital many years ago. Whilst many improvements have been made over those years, some of the layout of the building has remained the same which dates back over 300 years. So my apologies for the odd creaking noise.

Whilst design is a very subjective issue, I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms at the beginning of the new year. This will include new smart TV as well as new windows.

Your feedback regarding my teams helpfulness is very appreciative.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that we will have the oppportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Having stayed here in 2011, and it's sister hotel round the corner in 2010, we were really looking forward to coming back to the Hampshire. However, this visit really was disappointing! This just doesn't feel like the same place! There are positives - the reception staff are lovely, as are the staff at breakfast. The breakfast itself is also very good and of course, the location is great for visiting all over central London. However, this hotel is NOT five star anymore - looking at other reviews now, this seems to be a recurring thread throughout the more recent comments. Our 'deluxe' room was incredibly disappointing, thank goodness we weren't in a standard! Having already been lucky enough to stay in some fabulous five star hotels this year, this hotel just doesn't match up in any way. Even the toiletries provided are of a poor quality - and even the body lotion is attached to the wall in the bathroom! Dull rooms, generally poor service (again must impress not reception or breakfast staff), tired overall look and feel. The bar still looks nice, but the service, especially by a certain younger male member of staff leaves a lot to be desired. We were really looking forward to this trip, and prepared to pay the high cost of staying here, but unfortunately we won't be returning to the Hampshire, there are plenty of comparably priced, centrally located hotels nearby which really are five star. Sorry Hampshire, time to clean up your act!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you kindly for staying at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your most recent visit, I was really disappointed to read of your recent experience whilst you stayed here, especially given your previous visits were so positive.

As a frequent traveller I am sure you will appreciate it is possible for things to go wrong, although as General Manager it is my responsibility to ensure that you do not have the same experience repeated here at the Hotel especially fundamental standards. I will assure we will work extremely hard to go back to those great standards you used to enjoy.

I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms from winter 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and do not hesitate to contact me via the Hotel to discuss this further. I really do hope we have the opportunity to serve you once again in the near future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited this hotel for afternoon tea for a friends birthday.Not impressed at all.When we arrived we sat in the bar/lounge and ordered a drink while we waited as we were a little early.Drinks were extremely exspensive nearly £10 each.We had just been in another bar in Leicester Square and the drinks were more or less half the price.
When we were show to the dining area and I use the term loosely ,it was not what I had expected,It was in a section of the bar/lounge area not the luxurious room we were promised!
We received a glass of champagne which was nice. When sandwiches arrived they were awful I would have done better myself-they looked like any other cheese and tomato sandwich nothing special definitely not luxurious
(looked like someone had nipped out to Sayers and cut them into triangles)
We then had scones and cream and cupcakes which were adequate but again nothing special-homemade lemomade and tea which was ok.
I am writing this because I have been to lots of different hotels, this one was not in my top ten didn't come close.
Save your money don't book afternoon tea! really not good.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Further to your recent afternoon tea experience at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete via Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the afternoon tea experience encountered during your time with us.

I believe our service delivery and attitude is fundamentally the most important aspect affecting a hotel stay and I am extremely disappointed with our lacklustre performance. Please rest assure that under no circumstances will these sub standards be tolerated and I have spoken to my team at length today to ensure great service and great food is afforded at all times, every time.

I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hampshire Hotel in person at some point in the future for you to restore your faith in the hotel. I am contactable via the Hotel should you wish to discuss your experience in more detail.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I last stayed at this hotel in 2010 and returned in the hope that the service would be on par with my last experience.
The location is superb for all areas of central London and perhaps that is why there appears to be the perception that they do not have to deliver any type of service because of that.
However, although reception and breakfast staff are fantastic, upon visiting the outside bar area and wanting to start my mini break with a snack and nice bottle of wine I was very disappointed .
We were the only table of two at the time and upon ordering a bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc were informed after 15 minutes that " the cellar staff have not done their job properly, we have Nobilo, but they have not chilled the wine so I cannot serve it to you".
We ate elsewhere in the evening and decided to have a nightcap in the bar.
We thought that the Nobilo ( not my favourite choice of New World Savignon
Blanc, however the only one one to be offered in a 5 star London hotel) would now be cold enough to be served.
NO IT WAS NOT!!
Mistake.
We are " women of a certain age" ( although I must now point out are directors of a multi million pound business who travel extensively and spend in excess of 50k annually in hotels in the UK alone) and between arriving at approx 2.30 pm and entering the bar post evening meal we spent £130 . Despite the area being extremely quiet, and attempting to attract the attention of the male bar staff by initially smiling and then actually weaving my arms in the air I still had to approach the bar to order a drink!
This afternoon I tried the outside terrace bar again ( same male staff), ordered drinks AND snacks which did not arrive after 20 minutes.......
When I asked for the bill no mention was made about the non appearance of the bar snacks....if I ran my business like this I would be laughed at in my market sector.
Poor rooms, bad service, great central location........what happened to the fantastic doorman....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us.

You have probably read other reviews on this site on the many positive comments we receive on my team and service and it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down.

That said, it does pain me that our customers feel disappointed in our hospitality as we have worked tremendously hard to ensure very guest stay is a memorable one. Our recent reviews on this site is testament to that statement.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel should you wish to discuss this in more detail.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed in room 520 in June 2013. Location of the hotel is GREAT and difficult to find better in London. First impression of the hotel was good and service at check-in/out was very friendly and welcoming. I believe that the receptionist was called Emma and she is a valuable asset of the hotel! Service at breakfast was very good, but the breakfast it-self was very ordinary. Normally, the breakfast buffet is of really high standard at Radisson hotels, but this was not the case. The main reason for my "average" review of the hotel is very much linked to the room we got. Size was ok, but it was very dated and the furniture was very old and "used". This was not at all what I see in other 5 star hotel where the room quality is much better. The bathroom was ok, but had a terrible smell. All in all, I would say that service and location is great, but the room really needs an update. Until that happens, I would probably not come back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete via Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience encountered during your stay with us.

Whilst I was disappointed your stay was not 100% perfect, I am very pleased you acknowledged our service ethics.

I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms from spring 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us in the future.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.