3,262 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationcovent gardenjunior suitenational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landlondon eyebig benregent streettheatre breakbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancestandard rooman upgradebooked this hotel
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I last stayed at this hotel in 2010 and returned in the hope that the service would be on par with my last experience.
The location is superb for all areas of central London and perhaps that is why there appears to be the perception that they do not have to deliver any type of service because of that.
However, although reception and breakfast staff are fantastic, upon visiting the outside bar area and wanting to start my mini break with a snack and nice bottle of wine I was very disappointed .
We were the only table of two at the time and upon ordering a bottle of Nobilo Sauvignon Blanc were informed after 15 minutes that " the cellar staff have not done their job properly, we have Nobilo, but they have not chilled the wine so I cannot serve it to you".
We ate elsewhere in the evening and decided to have a nightcap in the bar.
We thought that the Nobilo ( not my favourite choice of New World Savignon
Blanc, however the only one one to be offered in a 5 star London hotel) would now be cold enough to be served.
NO IT WAS NOT!!
Mistake.
We are " women of a certain age" ( although I must now point out are directors of a multi million pound business who travel extensively and spend in excess of 50k annually in hotels in the UK alone) and between arriving at approx 2.30 pm and entering the bar post evening meal we spent £130 . Despite the area being extremely quiet, and attempting to attract the attention of the male bar staff by initially smiling and then actually weaving my arms in the air I still had to approach the bar to order a drink!
This afternoon I tried the outside terrace bar again ( same male staff), ordered drinks AND snacks which did not arrive after 20 minutes.......
When I asked for the bill no mention was made about the non appearance of the bar snacks....if I ran my business like this I would be laughed at in my market sector.
Poor rooms, bad service, great central location........what happened to the fantastic doorman....

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us.

You have probably read other reviews on this site on the many positive comments we receive on my team and service and it is disappointing to hear that we have let ourselves down.

That said, it does pain me that our customers feel disappointed in our hospitality as we have worked tremendously hard to ensure very guest stay is a memorable one. Our recent reviews on this site is testament to that statement.

Please feel free to contact me directly at the Hotel should you wish to discuss this in more detail.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite back in the future.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed in room 520 in June 2013. Location of the hotel is GREAT and difficult to find better in London. First impression of the hotel was good and service at check-in/out was very friendly and welcoming. I believe that the receptionist was called Emma and she is a valuable asset of the hotel! Service at breakfast was very good, but the breakfast it-self was very ordinary. Normally, the breakfast buffet is of really high standard at Radisson hotels, but this was not the case. The main reason for my "average" review of the hotel is very much linked to the room we got. Size was ok, but it was very dated and the furniture was very old and "used". This was not at all what I see in other 5 star hotel where the room quality is much better. The bathroom was ok, but had a terrible smell. All in all, I would say that service and location is great, but the room really needs an update. Until that happens, I would probably not come back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete via Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience encountered during your stay with us.

Whilst I was disappointed your stay was not 100% perfect, I am very pleased you acknowledged our service ethics.

I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms from spring 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us in the future.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I do not usually write but this time it was very disappointed stay.we stay at a few Radisson/Park Plaza around the world and always get good service.this time both rooms we had were very basic more like a 3star hotel.quite a few stains on the carpet and very small rooms .bathroom was even smaller than ours at home so not good for a 5 star hotel.We got told we got upgraded to a de luxe room with view of the square so not sure how a standard room would have been?the second room had the flag flapping all day and all night so should be taken down at night to allow some sleep.lucky enough we only stayed there for 1 night .It was also part of my 50th birthday and all i got was a tiny birthday cake on sunday afternoon when we had the champagne afternoon tea which was a bit of an insult.also when I went to pay for the afternoon teas i was charged a lot more than what I was told when I made the booking so had to sort out so not very good when it is supposed to be an enjoyable day .the only nice thing about the hotel was the location !!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pc239

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Hampshire Hotel of late, The team and I are very grateful for your feedback.

The Hampshire Hotel has a long history attached to it, the building originally housed the much acclaimed Royal Dental Hospital many years ago. Whilst many improvements have been made over those years some of the layout of the building has remained the same which goes some way in explaining why some bedrooms are larger than others.

Whilst design is a very subjective issue, I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms at the beginning of the new year.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that we will have the oppportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On work trips I have stayed at this hotel for just over 100 nights a year. The location is great, once you actually get out of Leicester Square, which is a bit of a dump. But on your doorstep you have Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and the West End. The hotel itself is getting towards the point where it needs to be refurbished. But the fittings are good quality. Staff are excellent and the food is pretty good as well. It's pricey but then the location dictates that. It is in a noisy setting to don't expect silent nights of sleep but then it is in a very central location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the square on film premiere nights. Always good for celeb spotting
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your recent stay in London.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

It is even more pleasing when you have acknowledged our service efforts as we have been working very hard as a team to ensure we personalise every stay to every guest.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and your continuous custom.

We should be in a position to confirm the renovation works in the Winter period very shortly. This will include full renovation of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and looking forward to making it 200 room nights very soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Radisson Blu in Leicester Square while traveling for work. You are right in the heart of the action, my first night there Brad Pitt was across the street doing a movie promotion. The hotel behind two amazing museums and Trafalgar Square, a walk away from China Town, St James Part, Buckingham palace, Soho Square amongst many other points of awesomeness.

The staff was super helpful and friendly, I did have some AC issues that were immediately addressed.

One note, this hotel is not clearly marked as "Radisson Blu" - I spent an hour circling the square looking for it. Locals working at the restaurants nearby didn't even know where it was. It's the big hotel in the corner with the huge letters "HAMPSHIRE" and the very tiny "Radisson Blu" on the doors.

Enjoy your stay, it's the perfect place to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Further to your recent experience at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding my team and the service we provide. We have been working extremely hard to focus more and more on our customer experience. It's very pleasing that all the efforts are beginning to pay off.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards