3,289 results
All reviews leicester square perfect location covent garden junior suite national gallery west end piccadilly circus theatre land london eye big ben regent street theatre break birthday treat within easy walking distance standard room an upgrade booked this hotel
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Stayed in room 520 in June 2013. Location of the hotel is GREAT and difficult to find better in London. First impression of the hotel was good and service at check-in/out was very friendly and welcoming. I believe that the receptionist was called Emma and she is a valuable asset of the hotel! Service at breakfast was very good, but the breakfast it-self was very ordinary. Normally, the breakfast buffet is of really high standard at Radisson hotels, but this was not the case. The main reason for my "average" review of the hotel is very much linked to the room we got. Size was ok, but it was very dated and the furniture was very old and "used". This was not at all what I see in other 5 star hotel where the room quality is much better. The bathroom was ok, but had a terrible smell. All in all, I would say that service and location is great, but the room really needs an update. Until that happens, I would probably not come back.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete via Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience encountered during your stay with us.

Whilst I was disappointed your stay was not 100% perfect, I am very pleased you acknowledged our service ethics.

I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms from spring 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us in the future.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

I do not usually write but this time it was very disappointed stay.we stay at a few Radisson/Park Plaza around the world and always get good service.this time both rooms we had were very basic more like a 3star hotel.quite a few stains on the carpet and very small rooms .bathroom was even smaller than ours at home so not good for a 5 star hotel.We got told we got upgraded to a de luxe room with view of the square so not sure how a standard room would have been?the second room had the flag flapping all day and all night so should be taken down at night to allow some sleep.lucky enough we only stayed there for 1 night .It was also part of my 50th birthday and all i got was a tiny birthday cake on sunday afternoon when we had the champagne afternoon tea which was a bit of an insult.also when I went to pay for the afternoon teas i was charged a lot more than what I was told when I made the booking so had to sort out so not very good when it is supposed to be an enjoyable day .the only nice thing about the hotel was the location !!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pc239

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you kindly for staying at the Hampshire Hotel of late, The team and I are very grateful for your feedback.

The Hampshire Hotel has a long history attached to it, the building originally housed the much acclaimed Royal Dental Hospital many years ago. Whilst many improvements have been made over those years some of the layout of the building has remained the same which goes some way in explaining why some bedrooms are larger than others.

Whilst design is a very subjective issue, I am pleased to announce that we have been given the green light to fully renovate our bedrooms and bathrooms at the beginning of the new year.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I do sincerely hope that we will have the oppportunity to serve you again in the future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 13, 2013

On work trips I have stayed at this hotel for just over 100 nights a year. The location is great, once you actually get out of Leicester Square, which is a bit of a dump. But on your doorstep you have Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and the West End. The hotel itself is getting towards the point where it needs to be refurbished. But the fittings are good quality. Staff are excellent and the food is pretty good as well. It's pricey but then the location dictates that. It is in a noisy setting to don't expect silent nights of sleep but then it is in a very central location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the square on film premiere nights. Always good for celeb spotting
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your recent stay in London.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

It is even more pleasing when you have acknowledged our service efforts as we have been working very hard as a team to ensure we personalise every stay to every guest.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and your continuous custom.

We should be in a position to confirm the renovation works in the Winter period very shortly. This will include full renovation of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and looking forward to making it 200 room nights very soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Radisson Blu in Leicester Square while traveling for work. You are right in the heart of the action, my first night there Brad Pitt was across the street doing a movie promotion. The hotel behind two amazing museums and Trafalgar Square, a walk away from China Town, St James Part, Buckingham palace, Soho Square amongst many other points of awesomeness.

The staff was super helpful and friendly, I did have some AC issues that were immediately addressed.

One note, this hotel is not clearly marked as "Radisson Blu" - I spent an hour circling the square looking for it. Locals working at the restaurants nearby didn't even know where it was. It's the big hotel in the corner with the huge letters "HAMPSHIRE" and the very tiny "Radisson Blu" on the doors.

Enjoy your stay, it's the perfect place to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Further to your recent experience at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding my team and the service we provide. We have been working extremely hard to focus more and more on our customer experience. It's very pleasing that all the efforts are beginning to pay off.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampshire many times since my first time 1989 when it was part of the Edwardian group it is in probably the best location in the City
We were staying one night for a quick visit to the city on the 18th May 2013, we upgraded from a business class room to a suite for an additional premium of £60 (thus £370 per night excluding breakfast). There were in my opinion serious health and safety issue with the bathroom (risk of scaling, slip hazard from flooding) and some electrical items in the room. Reception were notified at each incident (4 incidents) and to their credit another room was offered but as we had unpacked, were dressed only in bathrobes we refused but decided not to use the bath or shower nor any electrical outlets in the room reception were aware of our decision and were to make notes on our account.
I made Sylva Patel aware of the issues on checking out and asked for the GM’s details (Simon Wong) so I could write to him formally. We were offered a free upgrade the next time we booked and I felt the continual (5 times in a row) asking ‘is that acceptable Mr Robson’ in an attempt to get my agreement was somewhat bullying and a way of possibly getting out of the Radisson 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee mission statement. I acknowledged the offer but did not agree that it was a fair compensation nor did it address the issues encountered. Three hours later I received an email stating my upgrade fee had been refunded. I emailed Sylva Patel on the Monday (20/5/13) morning and copied Simon Wong; both emails were opened by a Radisson employee. I acknowledged the upgrade offer and specifically asked in the email for the terms and conditions of the Radisson 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee to be sent to me, to date no emails have been received. I have waited 3 weeks just in case something was sent via snail mail. I have yet to write to Mr Wong formally as have been waiting for the information requested to be sent to me, I now feel my only option is to escalate this matter to the next level to see if my request for information can be fulfilled. Thus in my opinion if you want to pay £310 per night for a room that is substandard and in places dangerous, want to be ignored by the General Manager when you have an issue that needs resolving, book away; alternatively The Marriott County Hall is not far away. On a positive the Concierge service is excellent and Kieran most helpful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us. As you can see on this site that I personally acknowledge all comments as well as all feedback from our customers.

I would gladly discuss this matter with you in person and kindly ask you to call me directly. Unfortunately, due to Tripadvisor regulations, I can not leave contact details on this forum.

I await your call.