3,263 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationcovent gardenjunior suitenational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landlondon eyebig benregent streettheatre breakbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancestandard rooman upgradebooked this hotel
Reviewed June 13, 2013

On work trips I have stayed at this hotel for just over 100 nights a year. The location is great, once you actually get out of Leicester Square, which is a bit of a dump. But on your doorstep you have Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Piccadilly Circus and the West End. The hotel itself is getting towards the point where it needs to be refurbished. But the fittings are good quality. Staff are excellent and the food is pretty good as well. It's pricey but then the location dictates that. It is in a noisy setting to don't expect silent nights of sleep but then it is in a very central location.

Room Tip: Try and get a room overlooking the square on film premiere nights. Always good for celeb spotting
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on your recent stay in London.

Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

It is even more pleasing when you have acknowledged our service efforts as we have been working very hard as a team to ensure we personalise every stay to every guest.

I would like to thank you for this wonderful feedback and your continuous custom.

We should be in a position to confirm the renovation works in the Winter period very shortly. This will include full renovation of the bedrooms and bathrooms.

Once again, thank you for your wonderful feedback and looking forward to making it 200 room nights very soon!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I had a lovely stay at the Radisson Blu in Leicester Square while traveling for work. You are right in the heart of the action, my first night there Brad Pitt was across the street doing a movie promotion. The hotel behind two amazing museums and Trafalgar Square, a walk away from China Town, St James Part, Buckingham palace, Soho Square amongst many other points of awesomeness.

The staff was super helpful and friendly, I did have some AC issues that were immediately addressed.

One note, this hotel is not clearly marked as "Radisson Blu" - I spent an hour circling the square looking for it. Locals working at the restaurants nearby didn't even know where it was. It's the big hotel in the corner with the huge letters "HAMPSHIRE" and the very tiny "Radisson Blu" on the doors.

Enjoy your stay, it's the perfect place to be.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Dear Guest,

Further to your recent experience at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete online.

Thank you so much for your comments regarding my team and the service we provide. We have been working extremely hard to focus more and more on our customer experience. It's very pleasing that all the efforts are beginning to pay off.

Thank you once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

I have stayed at the Hampshire many times since my first time 1989 when it was part of the Edwardian group it is in probably the best location in the City
We were staying one night for a quick visit to the city on the 18th May 2013, we upgraded from a business class room to a suite for an additional premium of £60 (thus £370 per night excluding breakfast). There were in my opinion serious health and safety issue with the bathroom (risk of scaling, slip hazard from flooding) and some electrical items in the room. Reception were notified at each incident (4 incidents) and to their credit another room was offered but as we had unpacked, were dressed only in bathrobes we refused but decided not to use the bath or shower nor any electrical outlets in the room reception were aware of our decision and were to make notes on our account.
I made Sylva Patel aware of the issues on checking out and asked for the GM’s details (Simon Wong) so I could write to him formally. We were offered a free upgrade the next time we booked and I felt the continual (5 times in a row) asking ‘is that acceptable Mr Robson’ in an attempt to get my agreement was somewhat bullying and a way of possibly getting out of the Radisson 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee mission statement. I acknowledged the offer but did not agree that it was a fair compensation nor did it address the issues encountered. Three hours later I received an email stating my upgrade fee had been refunded. I emailed Sylva Patel on the Monday (20/5/13) morning and copied Simon Wong; both emails were opened by a Radisson employee. I acknowledged the upgrade offer and specifically asked in the email for the terms and conditions of the Radisson 100% Guest Satisfaction Guarantee to be sent to me, to date no emails have been received. I have waited 3 weeks just in case something was sent via snail mail. I have yet to write to Mr Wong formally as have been waiting for the information requested to be sent to me, I now feel my only option is to escalate this matter to the next level to see if my request for information can be fulfilled. Thus in my opinion if you want to pay £310 per night for a room that is substandard and in places dangerous, want to be ignored by the General Manager when you have an issue that needs resolving, book away; alternatively The Marriott County Hall is not far away. On a positive the Concierge service is excellent and Kieran most helpful

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review of the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel on Tripadvisor.

Naturally, I am extremely disappointed and apologetic for the experience encountered during your recent stay with us. As you can see on this site that I personally acknowledge all comments as well as all feedback from our customers.

I would gladly discuss this matter with you in person and kindly ask you to call me directly. Unfortunately, due to Tripadvisor regulations, I can not leave contact details on this forum.

I await your call.

Kind regards

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Not sure you can stay anywhere more central than this Hotel. The reception staff were magnificent, I had inadvertently booked a room on the 4th of July instead of the 4th of June (my 25th wedding anniversary) they saw the funny side of my error transferred the booking AND upgraded us as it was a special occasion. The room was fantastic, drinks at the bar which were included in the deal were top class, and breakfast beautifully cooked and presented. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this fantastic hotel

Stayed: June 2013
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your wonderful comments regarding our service on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

The team at the Hampshire are extremely passionate in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback on such public forums.

I'm so glad we managed to resolve the booking issue.

At Radisson Blu Edwardian, we strive to deliver 100% guest satisfaction and I encourage all readers to let us know any requests whilst in house; as we are pleased to help in anyway we can.

I'm so pleased we could play a small part in your 25th wedding anniversary celebrations. Congratulations!

Once again, many thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Not that I was expecting anything else, but this time, once again I was amazed by the brilliant service provided by Radisson Hampshire hotel employees! Not only that my reservation (a very last moment one) was dealt with within seconds directly by the Front of House manager, but everything else, check in, room service, taxi bookings was just perfect! There are very few hotels in London which you would remember as an absolutely smooth and hassle free experience and this one is definitely one of them! I would strongly recommend this to all of you who has high standarts and expect people going the extra mile with the service. You'll be pampered by Radisson Hamshire employees...and you'll most certainly love your "Leicester sq hot spot stay"

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments.

The team at the Hampshire do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

Whilst we are still not quite the finished article, it is very satisfying to learn that our hard work and efforts are making huge strides in the way we delivery our customer services. I'm so pleased with the positive responses and extremely proud of our development as a team.

Thank you for highlighted Kris, our Front of House Manager. He's a real asset to the hotel.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.