3,265 results
All reviewsleicester squareperfect locationcovent gardenjunior suitenational gallerywest endpiccadilly circustheatre landlondon eyebig benregent streettheatre breakbirthday treatwithin easy walking distancestandard rooman upgradebooked this hotel
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We booked last Thursday to stay at the Radisson on Leicester Square on Friday night through lastminute.com using their 'Top Secret' hotel deal. For £140 we got room only in a standard double. I'd agree that the hotel is in a brilliant location. Carparking is just around the corner (literally) and cost £35 for 24 hours. The staff were excellent, doorman, reception - very helpful. There are only two lifts and they seemed to take a long time each time we used them (minor issue in the big scheme ...).

Our room (which overlooked the square) was adequate size but the decor was rather tired and old and the bathroom had a stale smell to it. Other reviews had commented on the noise from the square but we didn't notice any noise late at night.

Overall, I'd stay here again if I could get a deal but I wouldn't be happy paying the rack rate for a standard room and ending up with the room we had.

Room Tip: Other reviews suggest that rooms overlooking the square are noisy. We stayed on a Friday night overlooking the Odeon where Skyfall was showing all evening and late into the night and we didn't hear a thing! Maybe other reviewers were on lower floors? We were on the fourth floor at the front.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

I am delighted that you chose the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel and thank you for your wonderful comments.

The team at the Hampshire do take pride and joy in delivering the best service to our customers and it becomes more satisfactory when we receive wonderful guest feedback.

As just mentioned on my earlier reviews, we are aiming to start renovation works from spring 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Thank you once again for your wonderful comments and I hope to see you in the very near future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed October 30, 2012

Just returned from a one night break at the Radisson Hampshire. The hotel is superbly positioned on the corner of Leicester square. Staff are very friendly and attentive.
We booked via last minute.com and secured a great rate on a standard room. Our room was small and on the rear side of the hotel, but that is what I was expecting having paid a discounted rate (I would not have wanted to pay the full price for this room - far too small for the list price). It reminded me very much of what people say about hotels in Manhattan, ''great locations but small rooms''. I had read on Tripadvisor about a guy staying in room 104 that had also booked via lastminute.com and like me had put two and two together and assumed low rate = small room. We were directly above in 204 and I would agree that our room was small and located above the alley where the staff take a break near the bins. We were not disturbed at all by this being on the second floor.
We enjoyed our stay very much ''the bed and bedding is superb''. If you want a place to crash after a busy day in central London then this place is great.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your most recent stay on tripadvisor.

I have just read your review and are delighted to hear that you had a really enjoyable stay here in London. The Hotel team and I are really pleased that we could play a role in making your time here special!

As previously discussed on this forum, The Hampshire Hotel is a listed building and not purposely built as a hotel – this of course lends itself to a lack of uniformity among some rooms. We have a variety of different rooms varying in size, style and layout in different areas of the Hotel.

We do hope to welcome you again soon, London is really gearing up as the festive season is fast approaching, so never a better time to come and enjoy all the capital has to offer.

Thank you again for your feedback, We do look forward to seeing you soon at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire.

All the best

Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

Just been working in London for a week ..last few years always stayed radisson hotels .second time this year at Hampshire in Leicester square. Really needs overhaul ,rooms very tired and had to argue with staff to get promised vouchers. Not 4/5 star service but expensive .still great position on the Square so will have to look for new hotels in the area.

• Stayed: October 2012
Simon W, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2012

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel.

Naturally I am disappointed given that you had given us 5 Stars on your previous stay in June and my utmost apologies for any inconvenience we have caused you.

Knowing that price is a very subjective issue, we do regularly check our room rates against other comparable Five star properties to ensure that we reflect the right level of tariff and we are considerably favourable in current high demands for London.

As just mentioned on my previous review, we are aiming to start renovation works from spring 2013. More so, our company recently purchased the majority of the Southern Terrace of Leicester Square as a further commitment to the excellent location with the aim of opening what promises to be a very special new landmark Hotel for London.

Once again, thank you for your invaluable feedback and I do sincerely hope we have the opportunity to invite back in the future.

Regards

Reviewed October 24, 2012

This hotel pretends to be 5 stars. It is not.
Whilst the location is excellent for out-of-towners going to the theatre, and the staff are pleasant, the rooms really let the hotel down.
In the room I occupied the air-conditioning did not work. The shower temperature could not be controlled properly. The light in the wardrobe was permanently on because the doors would not shut properly. The carpets need replacing.
Excessive noise from chamber maids slamming the doors and constantly talking loudly did not make for a quiet stay.
The Breakfast Buffet in the morning is GBP23.00 and just not up to standard for that price.
The photo displayed on Tripadvisor must be a recently refurbished room. My room was decorated in depressing dark browns which is standard Edwardian decor.
With refurbishment, better, more attentive management, it could get close to 4 stars.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Further to your recent stay at the Radisson BLU Edwardian Hampshire Hotel, I am in receipt of your feedback which you very kindly took the time to complete via Tripadvisor.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for the experience encountered during your stay with us.

Please rest assured that I have communicated your comments, like all comments on Tripadvisor, with my team to ensure we eradicate issues more effectively and efficiently from here onwards.

On a more positive note, we are looking to start renovating our bedrooms from spring 2013.

Thank you again for your feedback and I sincerely hope we have the opportunity to have you back with us in the future.

Our Warmest wishes from the Hampshire and Leicester Square Hotels.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Superb hotel the good things are too many to say .this was the 3er visit and i love it everrything is verry good the food the sevice and the staff the hotel is in center of london i would definately recommend to others and thank you to the management

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lahcen161

Dear Reviewer,

Whilst we are still not quite the finished article, it is very satisfying to learn that our hard work and efforts are making huge strides in the way we delivery our customer services. I'm so pleased with the positive responses and extremely proud of our development as a team.

Your comments will just motivate us more to work even harder

Kind Regards