“Good hotel”

Novotel London Waterloo
Ranked #323 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 17, 2014

After finding London hotels to be expensive we stumbled on Novotel Waterloo. All we want with a hotel is for it to be clean, have a decent standard of room and quiet. we got all this plus check in and staff were great, the gym is decent, and location was very good. Its pretty much opposite westminster and the tube station is 5 mins walk tops so great to get around. Perfect just to walk down the Thames as well with the London eye about 10 mins away. Breakfast was okay, a buffet. We went down about 9.30 and found it a little cramped and the toaster takes forever so average but not great.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank YorkshireRedSox
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded May 8, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel London Waterloo.
I am pleased to hear that the location of our hotel was ideal for your visit to the main London touristic attractions.

Kind regards
Bernard Panisse

Write a ReviewReviews (3,055)

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Perfect base for work or pleasure in London. I arrived and my key wouldn't work but the staff accompanied me back to the room and sorted it out - very good service. The restaurant staff were also lovely and I highly recommend the food. The rooms are well appointed with sockets next to the bed for phones and tablet charging and there are lovely big white bath sheets in the bathroom. The only downside was the scarmbled egg - hard and yukky - come on chef it's not hard to make good scrambled egg!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank mitchell251106

I very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at Novotel London Waterloo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I would like to confirm that we have taken note of your comment regarding the scrambled eggs and will address it accordingly.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed with my son for 1 night. Check in was swift and reception staff were very welcoming. All information regarding the hotels facilities were given to me. The room was very clean and functional. Air conditioning needs updating as it didn't really make a difference to the room. In general, I would recommend and I would stay here again. A good, clean hotel in Central London.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Thank you for pointing out your very satisfactory stay at Novotel London Waterlooo in your positive feedback. I hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again. Kind regards, Bernard Panisse General Manager

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Not to far from Westminster bridge station cross river on the oppisite side road from Lambeth Palace or less ten mins from Lambeth North station, so a great location. I found the Staff to be polite and helpful and booking in had no problems. The room was clean and more than adequate for my needs. There is free wifi that I used and this was perfectly ok, I also used. TV package as I wanted watch a football match only paid one day there are free channels. The food in restaurant was good and set meal good value. Breakfast standard buffet most things you would want can get busy if every body decides go at 9am but staff try clear tables quick possible. Checking out would like see filter system as there are 3 desks I joined slowest and many people who joined other desks after me left before. Overall for London hotels good hotel for price with good hardworking friendly staff enjoyed my stay.

Room Tip: Try get front room looks over river Houses Parliament.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank jackalice123
NovotelWaterloo, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on our team work and services.

We are very pleased to hear that we made your stay enjoyable and that all the services you used were at your satisfaction.

Reviewed April 11, 2014 via mobile

Arriving from a transatlantic flight, once off the flight one could be very exhausted and jet-lagged. Most hotels make you wait for the standard afternoon check-in time. Novotel Waterloo London did not. In fact, they offered an available room and an upgrade for a small charge. Dealing with a lot of hotels from the beginning this was a very enjoyable experience. Many organizations can learn from the staff. They were well trained and extremely professional. I had a lot of request on this trip and they exceeded my expectations.

The rooms were very clean and had a very modern look. We had an executive suite that overlooked downtown London. The TV was a little small. We were offered free movies with our room, but I could not seem to get it working. Additionally, there was only a few channels. However, since I spent most of my time within the city this was not a factor.

Overall, I would definitely return. Novotel Waterloo London is just minutes away from most attractions. However, I would take advantage of the breakfast offer at check-in. If not, you pay double the price and it can get very pricy.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Allan G

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that we were able to offer you a room upon your earlier arrival.

Reviewed April 10, 2014

As I approached the hotel in my taxi I thought "Hmmm, not the best area!". If you forget the slightly dodgy housing estate to the east of the train tracks, the view from the hotel is actually pretty nice. My room had a view of Lambeth Palace, Westminster and the London Eye. Walking up to Waterloo on the West side of the park felt much safer.

I never understand why hotel rooms would, on purpose, put artex or textured paint on the walls. Novotel is guilty of this crime here... plain white paint would do fine. Apart from this there were no decor disasters. The Bathroom was split into WC and Bath/Sink, and the WC was a very tight squeeze.

The sofa bed in the room was useful, and great if you are travelling in a group. I had a friend stay at the room one night so I just asked them to make up the sofa bed on our way out that evening.

The restaurant was pretty good. I liked the single diner tables with TV and headphones. Reminded me of a business class airline seat. Distracted me from the fact I was eating alone, though they really need more TV channels on there!

I'm not sure I'd rush back, but for the price and level of comfort it's a pretty good hotel choice near Waterloo.

Room Tip: Get a room overlooking Lambeth Road for a view
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo
NovotelWaterloo, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your kind review. It is much appreciated and I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

Reception staff were warm and welcoming and check-in was easy.

The room I was given was on the first floor and had no view worth mentioning, but it was clean, quiet, spacious and the bed was firm and comfortable.

If I'm hunting for possible areas of improvement, the aircon was making minimal difference, even at maximum output and lowest temperature setting. This was ok at the start of April, but I'd have complained if it was warmer outside.
You need to ask for access to the hammam, steam room and sauna, which doesn't cost any extra, but I didn't get the chance to try them.

Worth looking at this hotel.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Novotel London Waterloo. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.