As I approached the hotel in my taxi I thought "Hmmm, not the best area!". If you forget the slightly dodgy housing estate to the east of the train tracks, the view from the hotel is actually pretty nice. My room had a view of Lambeth Palace, Westminster and the London Eye. Walking up to Waterloo on the West side of the park felt much safer.
I never understand why hotel rooms would, on purpose, put artex or textured paint on the walls. Novotel is guilty of this crime here... plain white paint would do fine. Apart from this there were no decor disasters. The Bathroom was split into WC and Bath/Sink, and the WC was a very tight squeeze.
The sofa bed in the room was useful, and great if you are travelling in a group. I had a friend stay at the room one night so I just asked them to make up the sofa bed on our way out that evening.
The restaurant was pretty good. I liked the single diner tables with TV and headphones. Reminded me of a business class airline seat. Distracted me from the fact I was eating alone, though they really need more TV channels on there!
I'm not sure I'd rush back, but for the price and level of comfort it's a pretty good hotel choice near Waterloo.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one step away from the River Thames, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and minutes away from the London Eye. Enjoy a fantastic stay in our spacious air-conditioned bedrooms, with an exceptionally comfortable Queen size bed, en-suite facilities, LCD TV, large desk and a laptop size safe. Some rooms offer amazing views of the London skyline. Be tempted by our varied buffet breakfast and our tasty international cuisine served in our Elements Restaurant. Sit back and relax with a cocktail in our Elements Bar. Up to 2 children (under 16 years) can stay free (with breakfast) when sharing a room with adults. Access to kid’s play corner, an Xbox console, Vauxhall City Farm and other family friendly activities mins away. Unwind in our In Balance Fitness and Wellbeing centre, complementary for our guests. Convenient links to the heart of the city within walking distance to underground stations, bus stops and city rental bikes. On site paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, ACCOR, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Waterloo Hotel London
- Accor London Waterloo
- London Novotel Waterloo
- Novotel London Waterloo England