Novotel London Waterloo
  • Pool
$347
$215
  • Restaurant
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$185
$164
Very Good 4/5
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Lancaster Gate(London)(Great Value!)
$252
  • Room Service
$261
$242
3,179 results
All reviewslambeth palacelondon eyebig benseparate toiletminute walksouth bankthe sofa bedbakerloo linethe nearest tube stationthames rivertrafalgar squarebus stopexecutive roomthe hotel is cleanfamily roomgood nights sleepparliament
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Very good location, almost on the banks of river Thames. A 10 minutes walk to House of Parliament & London Eye. Good Hotel, friendly staff. Clean rooms. Good English Breakfast. Try Pizzas in their restaurant. Try to get rooms on higher floors (4th floor+) to get a good view.

Room Tip: Try to get rooms on 4th floor or higher
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Traveller8137
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review and for choosing Novotel London Waterloo when visiting London. I can assure you that my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back again very soon. Kind regards, Bernard Panisse General Manager

Reviewed September 17, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for a week. (14.8-20.8)
We got to the hotel late at night and the staff told us that there are no available rooms and they will send us to another novotel for the night. We were very angry but the staff was so caring and they helped us with everything. They gave us wonderful room and called and payed a taxi for the other hotel.
For the rest of the week we stayed in an executive room with a view of Big Ben and london eye. The room was amazing with wonderful view, it was very clean, comfortable and large.
The breakfast is pretty good - very diverse.
The location is amazing - you can go by foot to the big ben and london eye, then walk in the park nearby - Realy good! And the metro station is really close.

Again i want to say that the staff was very nice and helpful and despite the incident with the room at the first night we were very happy with our stay and will recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: If you are a family take an executive room with a view to the big ben
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to Novotel London Waterloo. Please accept my sincere apologies for the relocation of the first night, on a positive note I am happy that the staff was caring and helped you with everything.
I am very pleased that our central location was so convenient to you; on the doorstep to the River Thames and just a couple of minutes walk away from some of London’s most famous landmarks such as Big Ben and London Eye. Also, I particularly pleased that enjoyed our Executive room with Nespresso coffee machine, Bose Ipod docking station, extra bathroom amenities, bathrobe & slippers. Finally, it is a great satisfaction to see that you will choose us again and that you are recommending us to others.
It was our pleasure to look after you and we hope to welcome you back hopefully for your next trip to London and would indeed recommend to go on the Novotel website to get the best rates.
Kind regards

Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here in July with my daughter and grand children. We asked for a family room, which we got but it was so small.. No air con in the room, on a very hot July night wasn't comfortable. Food at breakfast was ok, but had to wait for bacon, fruit, plates etc to arrive. Requested drinks more than once. Not very good for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for air con rooms
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

We were in July in the high season and breakfast times get busy but nevertheless is quite a holiday mood atmosphere and very family friendly.
I am suprise regarding your comment on air con as our hotel offer air con in all rooms and public areas.
We appreciate your feedback, and I hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you back to the Novotel London Waterloo.
Kind regards,

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Stayed at this location for 6 days. Nice hotel, clean, nice size room. Comfortable bed. Friendly helpful staff. We enjoyed the stay. It was close walking distance to the EYE, and right at the River Themes. Bus service very close. Underground trains close as well. Short walk across the river to Big Ben, Westminster Abbey, Trafalgar Square and other places. Good restaraunt too. Best Cheesecake I have ever eaten!

Room Tip: Nice place to stay, excellent price, quiet and convenient.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
bernard p, General Manager at Novotel London Waterloo, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind review and for this excellent 5* rating, left on Tripadvisor following your stay in our property.
What a great pleasure to read that you were fully satisfied by our property, enjoying the room and our confortable bed . I am also very happy that our staff made all the difference by being so were very friendly and extremely helpful.
It was a real pleasure looking after you during these 6 days and we will be very pleased to welcome you back to the Novotel London Waterloo for your future trip in London.
Kind regards

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My 2 teenagers and I spent 4 nights at this hotel and really enjoyed our stay. Check in was great and I was given a lot of information about location, buses, breakfast, etc. Upon entering my room, I was ecstatic! I had requested, and received, a "room with a view", and there was Big Ben (Elizabeth Tower) outside of my window! (My profile picture is one I took from my room.) It only took us 10 minutes to walk to Houses of Parliament, along the Thames, so I really liked the location of the hotel. While there is not much around the hotel, you are only a short walk away from restaurants and convenience stores, plus Houses of Parliament, Westminster Abbey, The London Eye, and there are several bus stops around the hotel which we used, a lot! We never took a cab, but it seemed there was always one or two parked out front.

If you have stayed at Novotel hotels before, you know the rooms are nothing fancy, but roomy and clean. We had one queen bed plus a queen sized sofa-sleeper and we never felt crowded. The bathroom was good sized and well stocked with towels and shower amenities. The toilet was in a room by itself, which was convenient. We had a small fridge, a hot pot for making instant coffee or tea, closet, desk and chair, a laptop-sized safe, and plenty of outlets for all of our devices, and we never had a problem with the free wi-fi. Housekeeping did a wonderful job, and our room was cleaned, spotless I might add, and stocked daily. We had breakfast 2 mornings, and it was good and plentiful, and the gal pouring coffee was so pleasant and came by frequently!

All of the employees we came in contact with with very friendly and helpful, but one stands out for me, Sharon Magwaza. One morning I had many questions, and she was very polite, patient, and helpful, especially explaining all of the different ways we could get to Heathrow. Before we left to sight-see for the day, she told me she would "still be here when we returned to collect our luggage if I had anymore questions". That was comforting.

We spent our last night in London at a hotel by Heathrow for an early morning flight (I would have stayed at Novotel if our room was available for the extra night), and I realized then that I had left behind clothing and a souvenir I had picked up in Paris, my first trip there, so I was a little distraught. It took a few days of calls and emails before someone got back to me and they apologized, more than once, for the delay in communication and trouble. I told them I was the one who needed to apologize as it was my fault for leaving my items and causing them the trouble. They asked me to described what I had left, they then told me they had found my items, and within two weeks of checking out my things arrived at my U.S. address - I was relieved and elated! Thank you to all involved who helped return my lost items.

I know when I return to London I will also return to the Novotel Waterloo.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much you for taking the time to review our property online following your stay and rating your experience with 5 stars.
It is such a great satisfaction to see that you appreciated our central location, close to all public transportation, making it the perfect base to discover London. I am happy that you liked so much your "room with the view". I will share your positive comments with Sharon. I am sure that this feedback will serve her as an encouragement to continuously improve the quality of her service.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Novotel London Waterloo for your next stay in London.
Kind regards,