Excellent location on the south side of the Thames less than one minute walk to Lambeth Bridge. This means less than 15 minutes walk (with 2 children) to Westminster, Vauxhall or Lambeth North tube stations & the same to the London Eye.
Secure & very accessible car parking available but pricey (£24 for 24 hours = £72 for 3 days stay in our case) given it is the hotel's own car park; this would cause me to look around next time rather than book again without question.
Reception, lounge & dining areas spotless as were the lifts, toilets & bathroom. Although carpeted areas in upper floors & bedroom could have done with a more frequent hoovering.
Family room consisted a double bed & a double sofa-bed & as such the room was very cramped with little space for bags other than leaving on floor & stepping over them. Also wardrobe space extremely limited for a family of four (space for 6 hangers if I recollect correctly). At the same time, if like us you intend to be out all day from just after breakfast to bed-time this was not a deal-breaker.
Very sensible arrangement of separate rooms for toilet & bathroom (BIG plus for me!). Bathroom roomy, clean & superb shower
Excellent breakfast (although if you like tea, make a pot yourself rather than accept the stuff they pour out for you!), very good service & very quick.
Vey helpful & friendly staff who seemed to understand most languages thrown at them.
So overall a very positive experience with only the cost of the car parking & the size of the family room a negative
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one step away from the River Thames, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and minutes away from the London Eye. Enjoy a fantastic stay in our spacious air-conditioned bedrooms, with an exceptionally comfortable Queen size bed, en-suite facilities, LCD TV, large desk and a laptop size safe. Some rooms offer amazing views of the London skyline. Be tempted by our varied buffet breakfast and our tasty international cuisine served in our Elements Restaurant. Sit back and relax with a cocktail in our Elements Bar. Up to 2 children (under 16 years) can stay free (with breakfast) when sharing a room with adults. Access to kid’s play corner, an Xbox console, Vauxhall City Farm and other family friendly activities mins away. Unwind in our In Balance Fitness and Wellbeing centre, complementary for our guests. Convenient links to the heart of the city within walking distance to underground stations, bus stops and city rental bikes. On site paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Accorhotels.com, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Waterloo Hotel London
- Accor London Waterloo
- London Novotel Waterloo
- Novotel London Waterloo England