I agree with most of the other reviews - good location, if you don't mind walking a bit to get to the nearest Tube station.
If you need a real landmark, the hotel is right next door to the Royal Pharmaceutical Society of Great Britain. If you pick up the free London map found all over town, the Royal Pharmaceutical Society is on the map, located on the east side of Lambeth Bridge. We took the Tube from Heathrow (Piccadilly Line) to the Piccadilly Circus station and changed to the Bakerloo line, and got off at the Lambeth North station. Exit the station, walk down Kennington Road, turn right on Lambeth Road, and walk toward the Thames. The hotel is around one-half mile from the Tube Station on the left. If you have a lot of luggage, it is a bit of a walk but we managed just fine.
The hotel itself was fine. Friendly staff. Good sized room for London. Quiet area - no street noise. The bed was comfortable. Heating and Air controls were good. Small fridge, safe; love-seat was nice addition so you didn't have to sit on the bed while watching tv. Bathroom had shower and bathtub, but strangely the commode was in a separate room with no faucet. No big deal, but I would definitely pack some Purell for all the contact surfaces since there is no way to wash up on the spot.
We passed on the expensive breakfast and never ate dinner there so I cannot comment on the quality of the food.
Proximity to the Embankment was wonderful. Walked everywhere and enjoyed our stay very much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just one step away from the River Thames, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and minutes away from the London Eye. Enjoy a fantastic stay in our spacious air-conditioned bedrooms, with an exceptionally comfortable Queen size bed, en-suite facilities, LCD TV, large desk and a laptop size safe. Some rooms offer amazing views of the London skyline. Be tempted by our varied buffet breakfast and our tasty international cuisine served in our Elements Restaurant. Sit back and relax with a cocktail in our Elements Bar. Up to 2 children (under 16 years) can stay free (with breakfast) when sharing a room with adults. Access to kid’s play corner, an Xbox console, Vauxhall City Farm and other family friendly activities mins away. Unwind in our In Balance Fitness and Wellbeing centre, complementary for our guests. Convenient links to the heart of the city within walking distance to underground stations, bus stops and city rental bikes. On site paying car park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, ACCOR, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Novotel London Waterloo reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel London Waterloo Hotel London
- Accor London Waterloo
- London Novotel Waterloo
- Novotel London Waterloo England