Booked 2 rooms for 2 nights as attending The National TV Awards in the O2. Booked well in advance online with Ibis and got the £59 rate per room per night. Thought this was excellent value considering the prices of most hotels in the area. Rooms were compact, adequate and clean and yes you only get one towel and one pillow, but remember this is a budget hotel and doesn't pretend to be anything else. If you want more towels or pillows just ask - we did. We have stayed in an Ibis before so we knew what to expect and were happy with the standards. We found the staff helpful enough with any questions we raised.
We chose to go out for breakfast as Cafe Rouge charges £8.50 for the usual cooked less for Continental. If you want really cheap Weatherspoons 'The Gate Clock', a few mins down the road, do a value full English for £2.99 (poor quality sausage though), but the locals are usually in there drinking by 10 in the morning! and it soon fills up with students breakfasting. If you want a quality full English 'The Green Cafe' across the road is excellent - very tasty food with pleasant service, but a full English there is £7.95 so you're back up to the price of Cafe Rouge. We had intended having dinner out the first night at Pizza Express, but due to it being temporarily closed for a refurb, we went to Cafe Sol nextdoor instead and enjoyed a good Mexican meal in a buzzy atmosphere as very busy. Plenty of variety of other restaurants/bars just minutes walk away to choose from. We also had lunch in the Beachcomber which was a reasonable value fish meal.
A taxi to the O2 was £15 so obviously the local bus is a lot cheaper. If you want to do some proper London sightseeing you need to catch the DLR to Canary Wharf and then connect to the tubes from there which is easy enough as Greenwich Maritime Station is again just minutes away. Parking was £3 a day and we found it easy enough to get a space - maybe we were lucky though.
So, all in all, we were happy with choosing the Ibis. Last year we stayed in the Holiday Inn Express much closer to the O2, but that was more expensive and we didn't like its position virtually in the middle of industrial wasteland.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ibis London Greenwich is an economy London hotel, located in the historic centre of Greenwich, close to Maritime Museum. Your hotel puts you close to Cutty Sark and Royal Observatory. You can easily access Canary Wharf, the O2 Arena or Excel Ehxibition Centre via local transport links. Hotel is within short ride from London City Airport and the Olympic Park. Relax in the bar with a coffee or a glass of wine, and choose from a range of bar snacks and light meals. Paying outdoor parking available. The hotel is located in historic Greenwich, close to Greenwich Park and the River Thames. Riverboat services to Tower, Westminster and Waterloo piers. Also services east to the O2 Arena. Inviting, modern and cosy, with a comfortable bed and a functional bathroom. The ibis room has got everything you need for a pleasant stay. Hotel 100% non smoking.From central London by car: Follow Waterloo Bridge, Elephant & Castle, New Cross and A2 to Greenwich. From M25: follow A2 Central London. 15 min. by train from Waterloo East or Charing Cross. Underground: 2-min. walk from Greenwich Train Station and fromthe Docklands Line (Stop at Cutty Sark Station).GPS: N 51° 28' 47.83'' W 0° 0' 33.74'' ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, ACCOR, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Ibis London Greenwich reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ibis London Greenwich Hotel London
- Accor London Greenwich
- Ibis London Greenwich England