“Bravo”

Morito
Ranked #818 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Neighborhood: Clerkenwell
Description: Spanish/Moorish tapas and Mezze bar. Opening hours: Lunch: Monday - Sunday, 12pm - 4pm, Dinner: Monday - Saturday, 5pm - 11pm. Bookings taken for lunch only. Dinner is first come first served; if we're full when you arrive, we'll take a name and number and give you a call when we have space.
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This is a genuinely authentic Sevilla-style tapas experience. It is also a Moorish-fusion tapas bar. That is not easy to carry off. I have travelled a great deal in Spain and I loved this place. The food is really good. I've read reviews that say that the portions are small and this is true but they are either rich and filling or, in the case of the ham, of very high quality. I did not find it over-priced. In fact, for London, it was quite a good deal. Most of the dishes were around £4-5 and the only one in the £10 range was ham of the higher quality - you would pay alot for this in Spain as well. The service was workmanlike but proud, they care if you like the food. I will go here again many times in the future.

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Saw this place recommended in the Times and visited midweek about 6pm. As there were only two of us we had to sit at either the bar or the window no biggie if you are a people watcher like us. Chairs were uncomfortable and didn't encourage you to hang around. By 7pm the place was packed and turning people away.
The food we had was good and I would particularly recommend the pickled globe chilli, goats curd & pine nuts. Small but gorgeous. The beetroot borani looked great but disappointed a bit more feta wouldn't go amiss.
We would definitely go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

I had heard of Morito from a number of good reviews. I was not disappointed. Quite simply, the best tapas I've ever had in the UK, and better than much I've had in Spain, and at a reasonable price! The food was delicious, accompanied by a good quality red, and followed by an excellent cortado. The service was brilliant, and the staff particularly helpful. I'll be back!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

Great place for tapas, imaginative dishes and cool atmosphere. Be prepared to get there early unless you want a long wait. Prices are a bit on the steep side so it's not somewhere to go all the time, but for a special occasion it's great as a fun destination. Try the rebojito to drink too - very Spanish and unusual (based on sherry).

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We arrived at around 6.30 on a Thursday evening. The place was very quiet, but as we were only 2, we were only offered seats at the bar or window. What was a bit annoying is that once all the window and bar seats were taken, other diners who arrived in couples were of course then seated at the tables, which we would have preferred. Having said that, we had a great evening and really enjoyed the food. The service was quick and friendly and overall it was a very relaxed eating experience. The location in lovely, and on a warmer night it would have been great to sit outside in the bustling atmosphere of Exmouth Market.

1  Thank Obalagbe