“Lovely!”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 4, 2014

After shopping from the nearby Madeira Deli, I knew my tastebuds now only wanted to taste 1 thing, comida portuguesa!

Thus, I entered the Pico bar & grill but then decided only to order a bifana sandwich & a bottle of water. It tasted great, only salad was missing but I guess I should have specified I wanted salad inside it.

The service was great & I liked the decor of the place. I felt guilty for not tipping but I will be back again to watch the Selecçao or maybe even take out my namorada or better yet minha mãe. If your a fan of portuguese food or just good food/restaurants in general give this place a go.

Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were walking along the embarkment last Fri (18/1/2014) and decided to eat here. What a great idea. The place was busy and buzzing . We thoroughly enjoyed our food both main course and dessert. Followed by coffee in the main bar area so we could watch the rugby on their large screen.
Lovely waiters, prompt service and a very reasonable bill. Would definately go again if staying at the nearby Travelodge(Vauxhall).

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am a regular of this place which i think is the best portuguese restaurant in london.
Food is always amazing, tasting fresh and served in very generous portions. They could improve a bit in the decor which is not very stylish but when I want to eat good, this is the place i go!!!

Reviewed January 12, 2014

We pre-booked for 18 people and this went up to 23 on the day. It's spacious and I'd eaten there before - previously, good food and efficiency service.

However, it couldn't cope with such a big group. The waiter had a problem understanding our choices from the menu and wrote the whole item down in long-hand. And this was after we were waiting for over 30 mins. Food arrived intermittently and some had finished before others had been served theirs. Feedback on the food was mixed - some were very disappointed and for others it was so-so.

I'd go back as a couple (or 4 people) as it's a good location in Vauxhall and the menu is varied. I shared a paella last time and it was very good.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Really great place to go for a little bar snack and a glass of what you like, when on the way back from a days shopping. Particularly like the fact it is near to where we stay for our weekend away. Very close to the Vauxhall underground station.