“Nice sushi/sashimi platter- slow service”
Review of Ten Ten Tei - CLOSED

Ten Ten Tei
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Soho
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Took an age to get our drinks order taken (by which point our food order ready to be taken too) but then things sped up.servive was friendly but hard to get attention of people.

The mixed sushi/sashimi was very nice and the prawn tempura hand roll yummy. Pork raman was a bit fatty and the grilled salmon nothing special. Go here for sushi- very fresh but comes when ready ( we wanted as starter but came after our mains in end!) Old scool feel to it but felt authentic. Lots of japanese customers too which is always a good sign.they do lunch deals too.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having lived in Japan for eight years, I long for the kind of food that is honest home-style cooking rather than the usual sushi/tempura/yakitori/noodles (although they offer this on their menu too!) that is widely appealing to "gaijin"/foreigners. For the price that you pay, you have a wide selection of Japanese food that is not easy to find outside of Japan. Delicious, honest and value for money. One of my favourite restaurants.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I stopped in here when we happened to be pottering through Soho; it doesn't immediately draw you in from the outside, and inside the decor is pretty spartan. We went on a weekday lunchtime, so service was of course rapid and attentive.

But that's not what you're here for, you're here for the food, which is delicious. I had a mixed sushi plate for under a tenner with well-sized, tasty nigiri and a range of rolls. The fact you could see the fish being prepared practically in front of you was reassuring and added to the feeling of freshness. The wasabi was punchy and rich. My girlfriend had a Beef Teriyaki, which she reported back positively on. Overall, we were both filled up with tasty food and a beer each for under £30, which is pretty awesome for a treat lunch in the middle of London. Recommended.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Only ate there twice but will never go back again. The service was slow and as soon as we finished eating the rude manager practically threw us out! Understand they were busy as it was Saturday night but they should never speak to a paying customer like that. Very disappointed.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I eat here probably once a week. The more often I go the better it gets. I wish I livd upstairs I would eat here twice a day.