“Attitude was so bad”

Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Notting Hill
Reviewed December 11, 2013

called them to book a table, a female assistant answered the phone, the line was not stable so that I can not hear her very clear.
After only TWO times of repeating the times available, she was like shouting at me, like, 'I said 12.30 I never said 7.30, I told you already we can't do dinner on that day.' Her voice was so loud so that I have to put the phone off my ears while she was shouting. I was like a child did something wrong and has been disciplined by the parents. I then replied after her shouting, 'OMG, I can't believe this, your attitude was so bad.' She was like, ' oh really? i never knew that'........ I really don't know what to say. That was absolutely a horrible experience.

5  Thank Tina H

Reviewed November 27, 2013

Have been here for an invitation from my work's partner last month. The restaurant was small and quiet but cute and Japanese door reminded me the time I stayed in old house in Japan. Every dish were smart and elegant, it was one of best meal I have had for a quite time.

1  Thank Natalie C
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If you like Japanese food (and especially raw fish) raise the £250 or so required for the 12 course menu for 2 and go immediately. Can't quite see the point of the sushi course near the end, but that's my only criticism. Superb. Just go and marvel.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

A very memorable dining experience - had the 12 course tasting menu which was a little pricey but not when you consider the freshness of the ingredients and detail that goes into each course. Would definitely recommend for a special occasion and hope to return soon.

Reviewed May 30, 2013

After reading a reveiw in the Guardian we booked for the Kaiseki Kokoro menu and it was lovely.
Japanese food is cooked with seasonal ingredients- always a good thing. Our hostess was attentive, friendly and entertaining and very knowledgeable about the dishes.Every thing arrived in a beautiful dish or bowl and as always with Japanese cuisine beautifully presented in a dining room decorated in the simple.japanese style with shoji screens along the entrance walls. Perfect.
Thank you for a lovely evening.