“Distinctly average”

Ranked #4,179 of 24,254 Restaurants in London
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The food here is pretty average and the bar staff can be rude and not very attentive or helpful. We finished our breakfasts before finally being given the hot drinks we had ordered, and only after I had reminded them. The breakfasts itself are pretty average - the eggs royal goes cold quickly as they use chilled smoked salmon. The fry up could have been nice but the patatas bravas are dry. The nachos with the burritos are stale.

The only saving grace is the community card which gets you five pounds off your first order. All well and good but the staff don't seem to want you to have one, insisting we needed to register it first. So we foiled their plan by registering on our phones. Not all the staff are like this though; one helpful chap offered an iPad to register on. The staff don't seem to have initiative either, not automatically offering a new community card customer if she would like to use her five free pounds when she didn't know about the offer.

I don't think I'll be returning.

1  Thank OmNomLondon

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

We've been going to the Big Chill House very often!!! However tonight (18.04) at the entrance the lovely Security Man distroyed my great opinion about the place....
Just arrived when he started with: " where do you think you go, pull out your ID quickly, how do I know how old are you, what's in your bag?!?!" This is not the way you should treat the customer, I just left, there are hundreds of Pubs in London!! I agree and understand the need of Security however they need to learn some manners!!! Be careful who you hire as security, could cost you a lot!!

3  Thank Erika871
Skye G, Marketing Manager at Big Chill Kings Cross, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

We are very sorry to hear that our security team have let down our reputation and lowered your opinion of Big Chill House. Please be assured that we will be looking into this matter further as providing the best customer service is what we strive to do. If you could please provide us with a rough idea of the time you arrived at our venue and a brief description of the security team in question this will help with our investigation, alternatively the We Are Big Chill email address is info@wearebigchill.com

Reviewed March 13, 2014 via mobile

I came in here to relax and chill and that's exactly what I did. I ordered baby calamari and sweet potato fries which were both really delicious! Loved the vibe in this place, friendly staff and great music.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

I hired the private room for my birthday party. I had been looking for the right place for months, all I wanted was somewhere to eat, drink and dance, you'd think in London that would be easy! Turns out it wasn't, then I found The Big Chill House. The party organiser was absolutely brilliant, helpful, kind, flexible and made the room look so pretty with little tea lights and low lighting.

She recommended a fantastic DJ who played all the music we pre-requested and made it a really fun evening.

The party menu was great, served throughout the night, mini burgers were particularly good.

All in all, my friends and family loved it, best night, totally chuffed!!

1  Thank SarahNjames
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We are a charity with staff working out in West Africa and as most of our workers were back in London for Christmas we decided to find an unusual venue for our staff christmas party. We were not disappointed.. at pretty short notice we were able to book the mezzanine balcony and our group of 30-40 were able to celebrate christmas in style. Great food, large selection of drinks, all in all a venue we aim to return to soon!

1  Thank GregHLondon2013