“Excelent location and price”

Equity Point London Hotel
Ranked #305 of 944 Specialty Lodging in London
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Near paddington Station and located near the hyde park! The staff was helpful with tips for transportation and what to do nearby. Didn't eat the breakfast but several guests sad that was really good. Towel is not included and wifi is extra.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,447)

Reviewed June 27, 2013

In the end I was very disappointed with this hostel. The staff member at reception when I arrived was unhelpful and disinterested. The room was small and cramped. The shower couldn't produce cold water and the hot water provided by it was too hot to shower in. The security was poor too. Whilst lockers are provided in the rooms (bring your own padlock) the 'secure' luggage area was far from secure. You would expect a staff member to have access to this area only but anyone could freely pick up the the access key and walk in unnoticed. I didn't have time to look around the social/communal areas so can't comment on those, but overall I was very disappointed.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I went with my college for a trip in December 2012 and stayed at Equity Point. The rooms were clean and the service was standard. It was all very average, especially the food which was a bit plain, but generally OK. The hotel is good value for London and in a good location. Just generally all OK, not spectacular nor disappointing.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My friend and I spent 3 nights in this "hotel" last May. I chose it because I read on its web page that it had a nice big kitchen available to be used by the guests. That's the only reason I chose it, If I had known before that THERE WAS NO KITCHEN I would have never booked with them. When I asked the girl at the reception desk why I could not use the kitchen she told me that it was closed because they weren't allowed to open it, They didn't have permission to use it! So... I'm thinking now..... Was that false advertising!

We arrived late (because of our late flight) and once there, our beds were taken, we had no linen for us (we shared with 6 more people) and at the reception they just told us to sort the problem ourselves, waking the rest of guests up... just like that! I had to wait more than 15 minutes to get clean sheets!
Breakfast was unhealthy. The minumum quality juice, some cereals, or toasts were the splendid variety they could afford. There was a different receptionist everyday so if I have a problem with anything I had to explain all again and again. In our 8 people room there was a very very tiny bathroom which I didn't find it properly cleaned. (you can see a couple of pictures)
I have to say that there was this one Italian recepcionist who was really nice with us. At least, it was nice dealing with him because he tried to help as much as he could. He was really apologetic for the inconveniences.

All in all was a negative experience staying there. For that same price you can get a much better hotel, hostel or b&b... keep on surfing the net.
I learnt a lot from this. WE WON'T GET FOOLED AGAIN.

It's a shame that my first review here is so negative :(

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

The only good things about this hostel were the comfy beds and decent location. Staff were rude, told us there was a kitchen when there wasn't. No free Internet and more rules than my parents' house. Wouldn't stay here again

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Harliiie
Reviewed June 7, 2013

The Breakdown:

Staff: Great Staff was very helpful and friendly! When they were fixing my booking they were very apologetic for it taking awhile and helpful! When the internet wasn't working on my comp they were helping me all the way till it was fixed! They were great overall!

The rooms: They are small so prepare to get cozy with the others in the dorms! It is hard getting around room and limited places to put your stuff! But they did have good lockers! Im a female traveling by myself and it so happens they put me in mixed dorm and most were guys. I didn't feel to uncomfy because most people that came were really nice and they were either there for travel or work so it was an ok vibe! I moved to female dorm for last two nights it was rather small as well but just fine! Each bed I had was fine and it was comfy. I also had a private bathroom in each room and it was small but completely functional!

The breakfast: The breakfast was pretty goof toast, yogurt, cheese, cereal, and tea. But it wouldn't hurt to add hard boiled eggs or some fruit! But overall just fine!

The location: Great location and neighborhood always felt safe! Right there next to Paddigton and could get to anywhere really on the subway!

Overall: It is an ok hostel to stay at if basically your going to be out all day like I was sightseeing and just need a place to sleep! But please be advised there are often alot of groups that come to the hostel so if your not into hearing them dont stay but overall the noise want to bad!

Room Tip: Tiny rooms but the female dorm is a little bigger!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2013 via mobile

Spent three nights @ equity point london, did not have big exectations regarding the really low price (paid ~ 30£/night, breakfast included although it was the cereal/toast/cheap coffee-version), and had a decent stay. Close to hyde park and paddington station. Not far from beautiful notting hill. Wifi 3£/day and phone/computer. Lots of young teenagers staying which can disturb a somewhat older visitor.

I recomend the hostel for anyone wanting to sleep cheap in london and yet stay close to the pulse in fantastic london.