We booked a romantic night away in this hotel as wanted to experience a London 'Luxury' hotel and they had a great special running if you booked in January. I have never stayed in a London hotel as live in London so I guess I do not have anything to compare it to and I hear compared to other countries London 5 star means other countries 4 star in some cases. I did have higher expectations after other reviews though. I always use trip advisor so will make the review easier by writing a list of PRO's and CONS...
-Friendly helpful staff - they really were polite and the service at the bar and when dining for dinner was excellent
- Delicious lunch and dinner (prices are on the expensive side given there is nowhere else decent in the immediate area to eat)
-Great room furnishings and touches- Molton Brown freebies as well as great extras- sewing kit, cotton pads, toothbrush etc etc
- rooms have latest hotel technology (although we coudl not get our curtians to open and close electronically no matter how we tried- maybe they are not meant to.)
- Beautiful SPA and a gown and slippers in your room to use at the SPA
- great views over the river from the bar/restaurant
-12am check out
- I am sorry to say, the worst breakfast I have ever had in a hotel (we travel a lot). The plates were ice cold, as was the food (cold oily eggs), it took 10 minutes to replace the orange juice that had finished as well as the bacon and when it did come out it was so oily and did not seem cooked - no crisp at all. There was a very tired looking bowl of whole fruit (no fruit salad), limited cereal options and limited pastries. In short- no where near the standard of the rest of the hotel. The room was also full at 10am on a sunday so I suggest going early to breakfast to avoid sharing a sofa/table with other people.
- I would have been annoyed if I had paid the full listed price for a night in the hotel (we had a 50% discount) and the River view room mainly looked onto the heli pad with the river in a distance to the left.
-£25 valet parking fee (for 24 hours): Given the hotel is not close to any transport links so driving is recommended, this was over the top.
- We arrived for 2pm check in and were told the room would be ready for 2:15 - so we had lunch at the bar (not a cheap one) to kill some time and returned at 3:30pm only to be told that the room was still not ready. I raised the point that we were entitled to check in from 2pm and was told by one lady 'yes check in is FROM 2pm' which I thought was quite rude as we were entitled to be in a room from 2pm. The hotel manager then came out and apologised and offered us free late check out the next day which, since we had somewhere to be the next day, I requested to be swapped for a discount on the parking fee - we obtained 50% off.
- The SPA foot spa and showers had no hot water at one point- even the hot was ice cold
-The hydra pool was chilly - other peopel were commenting - it needs to be a few degrees warmer
- our bath tap was almost impossible to turn on for some reason.
I have given it an AVERAGE rating only because I feel that I would have chosen a cheaper 4 Star hotel in a better location close to transport links if I was visiting London - for the location and the cons above, I think the full cost of a room per night is over the top.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the south of the River Thames, adjacent to the London Heliport and within easy reach of Chelsea and Sloane Square; Hotel Verta provides the perfect destination when visiting the capital. From panoramic views of the River Thames, the intimate ambience and the very modern facilities, Hotel Verta has become London's most exclusive 'Hidden Gem'.The hotel's design, inspired by the Halcyon days of aviation, combines timeless elegance and the lobby is a striking double height atrium with a signature sweeping staircase up to the mezzanine level. All of the 70 bedrooms are fully furnished in a classic modern style, each with original artwork and the finest bespoke fittings.All day dining is available in the elegant Ambrosia located on the mezzanine level. A glamorous, fun and contemporary bistro/bar perfect for meeting friends and family for afternoon tea, informal meetings and after work drinks. As dusk falls, Champagne is the signature drink and guests can dine whilst admiring the views.The two level subterranean SPA Verta offering an innovative sanarium, heated loungers, steam room, sauna, gym and signature spa treatments, sets Hotel Verta apart from any London Hotel.Settings don't come much more inspiring than this, with the majority of our hotel meeting room facilities in London, featuring panoramic views of the River Thames and the London Heliport. Features include floor-to-ceiling windows and flexible inter-connecting options, when it comes to keeping you in touch; we have state-of-the-art audio-visual and telecommunications equipment, as well as wireless throughout. Hotel Verta offers 7 Meeting Rooms for between 12 to 200 delegates.Hotel Verta is the most wonderful, unique and romantic London hotel location in which to hold your wedding. For this very special occasion, we will enchant you with its addictive atmosphere and seductive environment, providing you and your guests with a magical wedding experience. The romance of Hotel Verta is beyond compare and has everything to make your wedding experience unique - superb cuisine, magnificent settings, meticulous and personalised service. The individuality of each couple is reflected in the smallest and most important details. Hotel Verta is licensed for civil wedding and civil partnership ceremonies with a dedicated Wedding Co-ordinator to help you organise the finer details of your special day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza London - Battersea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza London - Battersea England