“Great. Great. Great”

Ranked #925 of 23,242 Restaurants in London
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Neighborhood: Shoreditch
Description: In the heart of London's hip East End, Busaba Old Street has introduced a lounge bar and extended drinks list to the concept.
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We arrived 10 minutes before closing, served Promptly with our beers. Waiter was very friendly. We ordered our food which too arrived fairly quickly. The taste of the food made this place go right up in my expectations. The coconut rice tasted of fresh coconut, the chicken had a great crisp coating and very fragrant sauce. Would really recommend.

There are newer reviews for Busaba Eathai

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Apart from looking at a Gluten free-Coeliac as though they had three heads this was very good (Westfields Centre).

Good flavours dishes which have had thought and work and a nice relaxing environment ..we would return

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I've long loved the food at Busba since first trying it at the older Wardour Street and Store Street restaurants over the years. When the Old Street restaurant was announced, I was really excited. I took a date there when they first opened, and whilst the food in itself was as good as ever, the service was appalling. Sodas were served that hadn't touched a fridge, without any ice. My date had to ask six times for a glass of water before we gave up. Curry arrived without the rice we had also ordered, and again we asked four times for this whilst the curry went cold. To add insult to injury, after 5 minutes waiting for the rice, the waitress came up and asked if we'd had the rice or not, as if we were meant to be sorting the situation out ourselves. We complained and the entire bill was written off, which was very good of them, and I promised to give it another go. I did a few months later with family, and we had poor service again. When we said we would like to order starters and a main, we were told very rudely "We don't do that here. If you want courses, you'll have to order first courses now, and try and catch me later for the next order". Drinks again were slow, then wrong, and not particularly enjoyable. Whatever is happening at Busaba Old St needs to be sorted out - I have heard many, many similar complaints from friends - and a work leaving lunch descended into absolute chaos with half of the table not having received any food by the time everyone else had finished their food. And they served a pregnant woman prawns by mistake! The food is good when it arrives, but this restaurant has a lot of attitude for such an appalling quality of service. Take your money elsewhere - there are plenty of other restaurants in the area (inc. Vietnamese and Thai) that will be happy of your custom.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Loved it! I've recently found out they have 9 locations in London and after visiting 3 different locations I can say that the standard of food and customer service at all 3 locations was spot on! Fantastic 'chain' which doesn't feel like one. Staff look like they genuinely enjoy working there and the food quality and value for money cannot be faulted. Definitely going back for more...

Reviewed May 16, 2012 via mobile

Nicely decorated, great healthy food and cocktails and exellent service with friendly and smily staff.